• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An irrational aversion to neutral airs.

Sonicdahedgie

Smash Apprentice
I've had this problem for a long, long time. I think Neutral airs (Nairs) are weak. There's no reason for me to think this, other than their animations. With Ike, I can ONLY use Down-air and Bair. Ike's Fair seems to slow and long to be powerful, along with his Up-air and Nair.

Most characters have Nairs that are like this, or seem weak for whatever reason. Coupled with my need to point the direction of how I want to attack, I just can't seem to use Nairs.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Play Bowser. Bowser's NAir is great because it's one of his faster moves, is a hitbox on its own, and is great if you have an opponent "in" you and aren't sure which direction they're going.

I think Peach's NAir is great, too. So is MK's.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
No, Ness' nair and Zelda's nair are both awesome, not to mention sex kicks (alot of characters have them) are extremely useful

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
I've had this problem for a long, long time. I think Neutral airs (Nairs) are weak. There's no reason for me to think this, other than their animations. With Ike, I can ONLY use Down-air and Bair. Ike's Fair seems to slow and long to be powerful, along with his Up-air and Nair.

Most characters have Nairs that are like this, or seem weak for whatever reason. Coupled with my need to point the direction of how I want to attack, I just can't seem to use Nairs.

Does anyone else have this problem?
wait, lemme get this straight...you don't use them because you don't like their animations? lol

if animations really showed how something should work then marth would slice GAW in half.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
thats soooo not true pits nair is one of his best moves for approaches and it comes out really fast
it is kinda weak (his weakest aerial) but nairs are far from being a bad move

yea look at marth, toon link, pit, metaknight, ivysaur, DK, luigi, and just about everyone else with a sex kick or a useful aerial

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Toon Links.
Umm well prepu got it first, but yah, a LOT of Nairs are great.
TL's, Falco (kind of), I like Jigglypuffs for gimping recovering foxes / falcos (coming up of course), Lucas', Zeldas.

Really, a lot of nairs are good for comboing / whatever else. I use 'em for most characters often.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I love TL's Nair.
Its all fast and not-crappy.

Sonicdahedgie

Smash Apprentice
Haha, a few people misinterpeted what I was saying. I didn't say that Nairs suck, just that I didn't use them. Not everyone talking about Nairs did this, but a few.

Anyway, I'm just saying, When you hit someone, which move do you think just FEELS like it'll do more damage, imagining you're a noob. Ike's dair or fair?

Top Bottom