• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Introduction + Weird Wingdash

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Here's my story:

Since Brawl came out, Lucario has been my solid main. I immediately fell in love with his uniqueness, his intense combo abilities, and his amazing talent to comeback while two stocks behind. But I never really knew who was to be my secondary character. I played a around for a while with Mario, but something didn't fit. A started looking at Sheik (who was my secondary in Melee), but things just didn't feel right... Then, about 3 weeks ago, I watched a match between Coen (Lucario) and Ryuker (Pit)... I watched as Pit's arrow whizzed past Lucario, disappeared up into the sky... AND CAME BACK DOWN AND PIERCED LUCARIO RIGHT IN THE FLIPPIN' CHEST!!! ... And that is when I knew... "Pit, I choose you!"

So, for the past couple of weeks, I've spent a great deal of time perfecting arrow looping/swarming, and I am able to loop two arrows on Final Destination (I know this is nothing big; I've seen some of UndrDog's videos @__@)

And now for the "Weird Wingdash"

Within these past 5 days, I've been messing around with Wingdashing. But today, I did something weird (well, I think):

I was playing a match against a Lucas. I started up the Wingdash, landed in my crouching animation, and did a little "wavedash" backwards. I immediately quit the game to see if I could get a replay, but it had been more than three minutes.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if this is normal: My internet is very slow, so I've only watched one of kupo's Wingdashing videos. I've tried a bunch of times to recreate it, but have had no luck.

To conclude, I would just like to say that I'm looking forward to spending some time here. These boards seem very productive, and hopefully I can contribute to that productivity!

kupo15

Smash Hero
Welcome to the Pit forums.
How much slide did you get? If you just wingdash back, then you do get a little bit of a slide. That replay would nice! >_< :urg:

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Yeah, I know the slide you are talking about. It didn't look like that. It looked almost identical to a wavedash. He had just landed, and was crouching, and slid back about the length of Pit while he is crouching (maybe a tad less).

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
This will warrant me to screw around with this a little more. ^_^

Welcome! And thanks for bringing a potential new discovery with you. ^_^

kupo15

Smash Hero
I can't think of what it may be because the only wavedash like motion happens to those players who can crawl or weird momentum things like Mario's Ftilt. But this is interesting and hope to see something evolve.
Jeepy Sol: Do you remember what was happening or what you may have did to do this? Was is it wifi?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
No, I was playing a lvl. 9 Lucas on Final Destination, practicing my Wingdashing, and I guess I canceled it wrong because he landed and was crouching, and then he slid back a bit.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I've been thinking this over in my head and if Pit had a crawl I might have a theory to go on. >_<

kupo15

Smash Hero
Just to be clear, when you say crouching, you mean crouching and not the landing animation of the Bair, right?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
It was either crouching or the landing animation of f-air, since they look pretty similar. It was definitely not the landing animation of b-air.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
You do a fair with either direction pressed. The wings make it impossible to do a bair out of it unless you pivot and bair within a certain time.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
That is an interesting concept to say the least. Incorporating the Wing Lunge into the WingDash... Could come up with a real WaveDash. lol

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Really? Eh, I'm still going to play around with it the next time I'm not as lazy as I am now.

Top Bottom