• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An interesting approach

gallax

Smash Hero
So the other day i was playing my frined's G&W and i decided to send a tjolt his way. Well this was a mistake cuz he was going to absorb it. SO i QAC all the way over to him(somehow without getting hit) and grabbed him. well i grabbed him before the tjolt got there and it hit after i grabbed...and it got me to thinking. Although this may be situational and a little impractical, im still positive that it could still be a cool strategy.

So the idea here is to send a tjolt, QA along/past it, let it hit after you have started to begin your assault.

What do you guys think?

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
so did you like do the double forward QAC into a grab or what...other than that that def. sounds like a viable way to mindgame at the least, kinda like how you could jump t-jolt and run to them in melee

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
The way you described it, no one will get it. :p

Full hop a Thundershock, DIing in the direction you sent it. Double-Input a QAC (Quick Attack Horizontal, Then Diagonal into the ground) and you should at LEAST catch up with the thundershock.

However, if Pikachu is tiny for any reason (tiny brawl, poison mushroom, lightning) then he'll easily move past the thunderjolt without full-hopping it.... not that you should really bother attacking while tiny.

phaMR2

Smash Apprentice
Full hop a Thundershock, DIing in the direction you sent it. Double-Input a QAC (Quick Attack Horizontal, Then Diagonal into the ground) and you should at LEAST catch up with the thundershock.
if you're able to catch up with it, then you can quickly follow up with some sort of action assuming they shield it. dash in and grab, side smash for spacing, roll out in opposite direction for wtf factor, etc. watch out for shield grab?

gallax

Smash Hero
now i am gonna test this out in a minute, but what if you jump>tjolt>QAC>run with the tjolt? this way its like an electric wall of defense with you. run in front, behind...doesn't matter. i kinda like this as a new way of midgames.

phaMR2

Smash Apprentice
imagine if you run behind it, and they roll towards your direction, you can meet them with a down smash! or stop at the point where they stop rolling, and meet them with a grab, and begin chain grabbing. if they just dodge, let their finished dodge animation meet your side smash! or what's even better, when they decide to do whatever they want to not get hit with the thundershock, you stand up and give them a swift punch in the face!

*insert borat's voice* i liiike.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Testing it, I find it a lot easier to pull what you regularly do with a QAC; I'm loving how you can do a "Electric Headbutt" sorta. It's still something that can be royally screwed over, however; what with Falcos and their reflectors..... hell, EVERYONE with a reflector or way of absorbing it- Falco, Fox, Wolf, Zelda, Pit, Lucas, Ness, Mario, ROB, gah.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
I'm sure we can find a use of this to get around reflectors, like maybe QAC at an up diagnol angle then down diagnol instead of straight for the first one, to dodge the reflection and still end up close? Or I know there is lag from an absorbtion, so we can use that to our advantage too, to be in their face after the t-jolt comes instead of them expecting us to stand back and spam another one

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure we can find a use of this to get around reflectors, like maybe QAC at an up diagnol angle then down diagnol instead of straight for the first one, to dodge the reflection and still end up close? Or I know there is lag from an absorbtion, so we can use that to our advantage too, to be in their face after the t-jolt comes instead of them expecting us to stand back and spam another one
The reflection will knock the Thundershock into Pikachu if he doesn't get hit by the reflector first.
Ness's Absorb blows you away.
Lucas's Absorb blasts you away.
Game & Watch's Absorb screws you over.

gallax

Smash Hero
but if you are playing snake and they decide to shield your tjolt you are right next to it and bingo, grab before they tilt you.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Yeah its a very good tactic i have been thinkig about since some days. QAC to run with/before/after the tjolt is pretty goo, if they shield, they eat a grab, if they roll, Dsmash will take care of them, if they jump to avoid Tjolt, jump and Nair to their face, if they clank it with some attcak, hit them before their lag finishes.... althoug reflecters and absorbers should be taken in a diferent way

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
That. Sounds. Amazing. This can result into a huge mindgame and btw, Link's Hylian Shield (I think) can also block, same as TL. But I really want to see This tech in action!

Peregrinus Falconidae

Smash Journeyman
A good tactic, if you're fast you attack and get free damage, if you're slow they avoid the tjolt but you get a free hit; should be used at least once a match at least in my opinion.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
but if you are playing snake and they decide to shield your tjolt you are right next to it and bingo, grab before they tilt you.
They can clink the t-jolt or you with a f-tilt...Since its a QAC, you either have to jump or you have lag afterwards, so they can just f-tilt the t-jolt and you.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
They can clink the t-jolt or you with a f-tilt...Since its a QAC, you either have to jump or you have lag afterwards, so they can just f-tilt the t-jolt and you.
you can also expect this and, after jumping, air dodge forward past the char as they attack, since suddenly being in their face is a good mind game, and QAC allows for this, plus air dodging into the ground allows for lag-free attacks

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
True, i would have to test this out..but ZSS is kinda hard to do it against >.<

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I saw this being a problem to those who have long range. but thats just me. I'd say that its good to mix up with spamming t jolt. Completely surprise the person. I'd say mix it up a lot with it.

Roller

Smash Legend
Testing it, I find it a lot easier to pull what you regularly do with a QAC; I'm loving how you can do a "Electric Headbutt" sorta. It's still something that can be royally screwed over, however; what with Falcos and their reflectors..... hell, EVERYONE with a reflector or way of absorbing it- Falco, Fox, Wolf, Zelda, Pit, Lucas, Ness, Mario, ROB, gah.
Who cares what fox can do...just CG him to oblivion. And as for the people who absorb, that's why you grab them first, or even just attack. Same thing for reflectors.

Really nice find here. =)

harpuia190

Smash Ace
hmmmm just speculating but if it hits could it be comboed into a running upsmash?

gallax

Smash Hero
it can be comboed into anything you want. my opinion would be to wrench out as much damage as you could though.

Roller

Smash Legend
hmmmm just speculating but if it hits could it be comboed into a running upsmash?
it can be comboed into anything you want. my opinion would be to wrench out as much damage as you could though.
It would be situational. Obviously if they are at like 150% go for the upsmash. If they are at like 20% I'd try to rack up some damage.

Top Bottom