• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

amiibowser

King Bowser Koopa

Smash Cadet
I picked up a Bowser amiibo this weekend mainly because I wanted a sweet Koopa trophy/figurine. But I figured I might as well play with the damn thing so I started training it, which was kinda fun, and the whole feeding it items gimmick was kinda neat. I was beating the crap out of it for quite awhile but it really got hard around the latter levels. Now at lv.50 with jacked up stats I can no longer beat him anywhere near consistently, him taking the match 7 out of 10 times. And they really do pick up your fighting style and tactics, so it was pretty cool to see him progress. I created a monster, and it was fun.

I named him amiibowser.

Anyone one else pick one of these things up or plan to? General thoughts/feelings about amiibo?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I'm picking up my favorites. Mainly waiting for Ganondorf though. I have a mean FD Link though.

But Bowser the Amiibo itself does look quite impressive.

Shök

Smash Champion
I got mine. It looks great. I wanted to get two. One for collection and one for training. Ha ha.

chewchachoman

Smash Rookie
I love the bowser Amiibo. Easily the most dangerous amiibo, could kill someone with it if i had to. I dont like how its moves are stronger his side B does either 30-40% and his f-air does 20. I taught it to spam nair at first which was pretty cool but it stopped doing that. Now it just shields like a boss and spams its side B which kills me way early. Also I was able to teach it to B-reverse his flame attack but he does it randomly and for no reason ><

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Picked mine up last week. He looks great, absolutely one of the better-made ones. I got the pick of the litter too, the guys there know me well so they let me look at all of them. I'm very picky about my Amiibos. :p

MrEh

Smash Hero
I collect toys, and there's some great joy in being able to pick out the exact figure you want out of a batch.

That being said, it's becoming harder to do that nowadays with all the goddamn scalpers. I'm sure Bowser will get additional runs though, but hard to say.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My good buddy and teammate bought me one! I can't wait to teach it all the secrets. :)

N0PE

Smash Cadet
NNID
m0t0_dr0id28
I love how huge the amiibo itself is. Put mine next to my Fox amiibo and the difference in size and weight is huge.
In-game he's still getting bodied by the Fox amiibo but has his moments.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I'll be getting one Wednesday and I'm gonna name it Rookie

My Mario amiibo (Apollo) needs a worthy rival and both me and my Luigi amiibo (Boss?) keep getting rekt by it. Gust Cape is OP lmao

N0PE

Smash Cadet
NNID
m0t0_dr0id28
Can the amiibo learn to fortress OoS? I'm going to attempt to teach mine that tech

King Bowser Koopa

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure I've seen the cpu's do it, but my amiibowser definitely uses it more and with greater precision. He also punishes mistakes much more with FOoS and his side B.

Polimario

Smash Cadet
NNID
Polimario
3DS FC
4425-1491-7986
Definitely want to get one, but right now I'm kinda torn between the amiibo and throwing in a good 7 or so dollars extra and getting the new Kopaka set instead and getting Bowser later.

chewchachoman

Smash Rookie
Awesome! I can't wait for mine to learn it too.

Do CPUs (ie lvl9's) know how to fortress OoS too or is an advantage amiibos have?
Yeah mine learned it pretty quickly after a few matches. Seems like something it can get a grasp on.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
My Bowser Amiibo is all leveled up to max and basically kicks my ass most of the time. Being able to read every input must be nice.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
A Bowser amiibo is a really good training buddy if you want to perfect your offensive play, I believe, just because he punishes you like a truck and can get you at around 100% with 3 attacks.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
A Bowser amiibo is a really good training buddy if you want to perfect your offensive play, I believe, just because he punishes you like a truck and can get you at around 100% with 3 attacks.
Yeah my Amiibo uses UpSmash at all the right times and never whiffs a Side B.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
How does sideB whiff anyway? I have yet to figure out why that happens.
The Hitbox on the move has all the decency of Ganondorf's regular grab. Crap range. I want to say the aerial version is better though. Somehow snatching characters out of the air is usually successful.

EarthenPillar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-1441-9789
The Hitbox on the move has all the decency of Ganondorf's regular grab. Crap range. I want to say the aerial version is better though. Somehow snatching characters out of the air is usually successful.
Really? I always thought it was a glitch. Like I'm always making sure they're in the claw and arm fold when the animation of the model plays. But somehow at odd moments nothing registers even tho my opponent is shielding or not moving.

This is a pretty dumb second guess but, could it be perhaps Bowser's sideB is powershield-able?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Really? I always thought it was a glitch. Like I'm always making sure they're in the claw and arm fold when the animation of the model plays. But somehow at odd moments nothing registers even tho my opponent is shielding or not moving.

This is a pretty dumb second guess but, could it be perhaps Bowser's sideB is powershield-able?
I think it is more the actually hitbox is basically Bowser's hand. If the hand misses that character's collision box either due to not reaching or going past them then it whiffs.

The only case I can see it whiffing on a Powershield is in the exact frame between idle and powershield but so far I'll say no it can't be power shielded.

Since it's a grab after one there is like 1.5 to 2.5 seconds of cool down before you can grab again but the way Side B works ensures you can chain them one after another if you time it right.

Personally the grab range should be the arm trail up to Bowser's hand. But it isn't. The range is literally the circumference of Bowser's hand. Which is damn small. And rather criminal due to how unbalanced the move is against Bowser now.

EarthenPillar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-1441-9789
Personally the grab range should be the arm trail up to Bowser's hand. But it isn't. The range is literally the circumference of Bowser's hand. Which is damn small. And rather criminal due to how unbalanced the move is against Bowser now.
Ah, I think you are right on that. I realize it was impossible to punish rolls if opponents ended up being too close to bowser for sideB to hit. This was especially the case for most characters who are slim/small. Perhaps I'll stick to sideB setups at high percentages, whiffing it in air to cancel and the occasional air grab. It seems like such a poorly designed special imo, but at least it's not as bad as some of those on the rooster like DDD's DownB...

Shök

Smash Champion
I've had standing side-b whiff on certain chars. Feels bad, man.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I've had standing side-b whiff on certain chars. Feels bad, man.
Since the active frame and hitbox is Bowser's hand if a character's collision box is outside of it it will miss. And the new grab mechanics might have some kind of influence on it.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Equipped mine with the custom move Dash Slam (I'd rather equip Dash Slash if I had it though) and he learns fast! Basically become my Champion Amiibo and he learned way quicker than all the others.

• Knows when to use Dash Slam/Side B properly and rarely whiffs it
  • Makes great use of UpB OoS
  • Breaks shields fast with the Bowser Bomb
  • Covers himself with Fire Breath well
  • He does Jab1 > Dtilt, and I didn't even teach him that. He aso pokes well with Ftilt
  • Kills so early with Fsmash
I've created a Beast.... and that beast is named after this guy

Bowser kinda makes me think of him

MikiSagittarius

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1461-6991-9602
Instead of traing it I often take mine and make varuous "rawr" noises while moving it up and down

I also bash it against other amiibos :3

Come on, everyone's done it at least once...

Top Bottom