• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibos To Release Alongside Smash Bros. For Wii U, 6 More in December

Are you interested in buying amiibos?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 297 78.6%
  • No, not really.

Votes: 81 21.4%

• Total voters

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Holy **** 80% of you care about Amiibos, I am genuinely surprised.

Figures are cool as a collectable but it's literally a memory card with a "level up" feature
I'm buying them because they're tiny collectible figurines from some of Nintendo's biggest franchises, all officially endorsed and of similar size so none of them will look out of place when grouped together. The memory card with level-up feature is just gravy, and some of them will even be usable on games other than Smash.

All I have to decide now is which one I'll buy first, since I plan on getting them all eventually.

HellTyrant

Smash Cadet
Can't wait to buy Captain Falcon. There's too little F-Zero merchandise in the world. Hopefully they'll release a Blue Falcon amiibo alongside the new F-Zero!

Please... ;_;
I'm glad there's some excitement for a hopefully new F-Zero game, as for me I'd like it to have gorgeous graphics yet the feel and gritty death race atmosphere of F-Zero X

I'm also looking forward to these figures and there definitely should be more F-Zero merchandise out there, do you own any yourself?

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Until I actually understand the use for them, I don't really care for them. Odds are, I'll buy a Robin one for practice (my main so far) and/or Little Mac/Falcon bc they're my favorite chars.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm going to get a cute Nessy one. Whenever that comes around. :)

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm glad there's some excitement for a hopefully new F-Zero game, as for me I'd like it to have gorgeous graphics yet the feel and gritty death race atmosphere of F-Zero X

I'm also looking forward to these figures and there definitely should be more F-Zero merchandise out there, do you own any yourself?
F-Zero X atmosphere, game mechanics, and heavy metal, please! GX was fun, but I miss the X stuff.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
They better have a Shulk one or I'm going to be pissed.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral

Not really, no. One unofficial shirt. I did spot an official GX shirt on ebay once, but I missed my chance to get it. Again, if they make a new one, maybe some interest in such merchandise will rise!

Also, I always thought F-Zero would make for a perfect comic series (especially with the comic book aesthetic of X). I'd read it.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I might grab up :4pit:. I'm afraid that it's going to take a long time for us to get my true mains though (:4lucina::4robinm::4darkpit:)

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
I want my Olimar.

Man imagine a Ridley and a Mewtwo Amiibo. That will sell like cupcakes.
You can imagine all you want... but it shall never be... :troll:

Not really, no. One unofficial shirt. I did spot an official GX shirt on ebay once, but I missed my chance to get it. Again, if they make a new one, maybe some interest in such merchandise will rise!

Also, I always thought F-Zero would make for a perfect comic series (especially with the comic book aesthetic of X). I'd read it.
I'm sure you're aware, but there was a F-Zero anime... I would like to see that make a revival...

Last edited:

Maniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xoxMANIAKxox
People are just getting these for their character doubt they will use them in game. I just want the figure.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
It just goes to show that there has been next to nothing from Nintendo regarding this series. It's nice to get some collectibles and some love.

Could you imagine if trophies like this were made in the Melee days?

MrH3z

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mr.Hez
3DS FC
1736-2566-4516
Nope...im not gonna be ashamed and im going to ask this......

What exactly do the amiibos do?? Other than look pretty???
I saw the Nin. Direct but im still not getting why i would NEED these.....

Last edited:

aleckermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
aleckermit

I believe they store character data like custom move load-outs.

If I enjoy the game enough and find a definitive main I'll probably get the amiibo for it. INB4 all the big Smash 4 tournies have people carrying action figures around.

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Getting Zelda just so I can have her on my shelf fighting Godzilla and Gipsy Danger from Pacific Rim. :shades:

Adamated

Smash Apprentice

Basically, they are like a mix between a CPU and a Tomagochi. Your Amiibo can level up and be customized by you. Apparently, it can act just like another player in a match, so you can play against it, with it, or even pit multiple of them together.

I don't think that you have to feed it though...

DubstepRoom

Smash Rookie
Is there going to be a Lucario amiibo? also they said that amiibos will work in other games such as Mario kart 8 and Yoshi's wooly world. So does that mean I could be Lucario in Mario Kart 8?

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
Is there going to be a Lucario amiibo? also they said that amiibos will work in other games such as Mario kart 8 and Yoshi's wooly world. So does that mean I could be Lucario in Mario Kart 8?
Nobody knows yet, but this is what I'm hoping. It would be a perfect opportunity to play as different characters in a game overloaded with lightweights.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Because the people who make action figures are the same people who program patches. :/
I mean nintendo accepting this offer and make their WiiU compatible with these toys. Oh yeah and 13 dollar for an action figure? Why not just play with level 9 CPUs?

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
I mean nintendo accepting this offer and make their WiiU compatible with these toys. Oh yeah and 13 dollar for an action figure? Why not just play with level 9 CPUs?
Because it's about being a trainer. Not just picking a level of a CPU. I think it could be really fun. And nothing sounds quite as satisfying as letting my Amiibo beat my friends.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Because it's about being a trainer. Not just picking a level of a CPU. I think it could be really fun. And nothing sounds quite as satisfying as letting my Amiibo beat my friends.
Plus you can't show off a CPU without looking crazy, at least with the amiibo, you have a cool looking little figure to show off in real life before destroying someone with it in-game.
hey 13 dollars for something that looks pretty detailed and has an in-game feature... that's pretty cheap. in comparison, here's a figure with the same sort of detail that's a bit larger and has a sword, kirby. (putting a link because the image is a bit bigger then I would like) http://www.first4figures.com/images/stories/products/KSWKX/vertical.jpg
That costs about 240 dollars. So I say that the amiibo's as figures are a steal.

Last edited:

HeadSchott

Smash Cadet
NNID
headschott
3DS FC
5370-0395-8945
Switch FC
4035-4288-6515
Where's my Sonic :4sonic:amiibo..?? They all look amazing, but I'll probably only grab ones that will have the most usage throughout, i.e. Mario :4mario:and Luigi :4luigi:for Mario games, Link:4link: (Toon Link :4tlink:would be nice too), and hopefully a Metroid game gets announced so that awesome looking Samus:4samus: one could get some potential usage.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
13$ isn't really all that expensive for an action figure. Considering your standard G.I. Joe figure has a MSRP of $9.99, it's a fair price.

Top Bottom