• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibos Sold As Many Units As Disney Infinity This Holiday Season

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Blow off Skylanders and Disney Infinity, retailers, and give Amiibo more shelf space.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
They still have two work through two years in debt so that's still not enough.
Nintendo has enough in raw capitol and assets that they could literally go the next five decades without making profit at all and still be fine.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
i just want to find a reasonably price falcon somewhere...

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Nintendo has enough in raw capitol and assets that they could literally go the next five decades without making profit at all and still be fine.
I doubt that, and they're pretty much living off of Pokemon really. This Smash bros game didn't really do justice for them compared to Brawl and Melee. And as well, don't you think if Nintendo was that rich that they wouldn't bother making a new console and newer games to separate from the Wii games. I mean think about it, they could of not made the next Smash game and the console but they did either-way and hey they even shut off the WFC Wi-Fi for the Wii, hmm, oh yes they're so rich, please. Sure they can be wealthy but labor, deals with other companies and Nintendo isn't making full price anymore.

This was a desperate thing for them to accomplish, they even brought the competitive scene since they see that it's quite a big environment. Nintendo isn't doing well, read the facts. Only the Pokemon franchise is what's keeping them alive. Thanks.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Keeping in mind this is just Best Buy's online sales. I'd like to see how offline sales look and with other stores' data included. But really couldn't imagine Nintendo not being successful with Amiibos, as that's the only figurines people have been talking about around me in my geek circles.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
And they never discontinued the Amiibo!

Nintendo would not believe what their wining right now.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I doubt that, and they're pretty much living off of Pokemon really. This Smash bros game didn't really do justice for them compared to Brawl and Melee. And as well, don't you think if Nintendo was that rich that they wouldn't bother making a new console and newer games to separate from the Wii games. I mean think about it, they could of not made the next Smash game and the console but they did either-way and hey they even shut off the WFC Wi-Fi for the Wii, hmm, oh yes they're so rich, please. Sure they can be wealthy but labor, deals with other companies and Nintendo isn't making full price anymore.

This was a desperate thing for them to accomplish, they even brought the competitive scene since they see that it's quite a big environment. Nintendo isn't doing well, read the facts. Only the Pokemon franchise is what's keeping them alive. Thanks.
Wi-Fi on Wii/DS was closed because the GLU Mobile shut down GameSpy and their gaming servers. Nintendo's Wii/DS games were hosted by GameSpy, so naturally you know where this is going. This also affected plenty of other games like Borderlands 1 on PS3.

Also, Smash Bros 3DS has sold a million in its first week in Japan. Meanwhile other games like Animal Crossing, Mario Kart 7, etc sold extremely well on 3DS. Nintendo is not living on just Pokemon, their handheld as a whole is keeping them afloat easily. The 3DS may not being a juggernaut the DS was, but it's selling well enough.

Even if the 3DS didn't help, they wouldn't right away die. They have enough money to survive another generation. They are not in a situation like Sega were.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Right, compared to Sega that is actually a company that deserved to live and Nintendo to be the one dying because they honestly have the worst taste in games and yet people buy them.

Btw, Sony was the reason why Sega died out as a console (Sega Dreamcast) though there is rumors a Sega Dreamcast 2 will be out, that were I'd buy a true console. Sega was the best. But yes Nintendo still has a few years before they're shut down and it's their fault for never listening to the fans only once in a while will they ever listen.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Let's see if they will release more amiibos next year or not.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Right, compared to Sega that is actually a company that deserved to live and Nintendo to be the one dying because they honestly have the worst taste in games and yet people buy them.

Btw, Sony was the reason why Sega died out as a console (Sega Dreamcast) though there is rumors a Sega Dreamcast 2 will be out, that were I'd buy a true console. Sega was the best. But yes Nintendo still has a few years before they're shut down and it's their fault for never listening to the fans only once in a while will they ever listen.
i don't think you know what you're talking about. at all. nintendo is doing fine. you're applying your subjective thoughts into something that should be objective.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

...what

Sony did not directly killed Sega's hardware business. Sega themselves did. They profited a lot from the Genesis, but then started doing add-ons that flopped, and then horribly marketed the Saturn by releasing it far too early in the west. It did so poorly that major retailers didn't want anymore shipments of the Saturn. Sega bled a lot of money from there. Saturn was only moderately successful in Japan. Then the Dreamcast came out, they were trying to recoup the big loss they had from their screw ups from the Saturn and the add-ons, but it wasn't enough. They ended up quitting hardware development because it was bleeding them too much out of money. And let's not forget how completely uncooperative Sega of Japan was with Sega of America. They both had a lot of disagreements with each other, which further escalated things.

Dude, I'm a huge Sega fan (I loved them more than Nintendo) and Dreamcast 2 is never going to happen. They would have to have a lot of money to be even able to compete with the big 3 again. And honestly, doing so now in their current state would be frankly a bad idea. And this is coming from a Sega fan.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
...what

Sony did not directly killed Sega's hardware business. Sega themselves did. They profited a lot from the Genesis, but then started doing add-ons that flopped, and then horribly marketed the Saturn by releasing it far too early in the west. It did so poorly that major retailers didn't want anymore shipments of the Saturn. Sega bled a lot of money from there. Saturn was only moderately successful in Japan. Then the Dreamcast came out, they were trying to recoup the big loss they had from their screw ups from the Saturn and the add-ons, but it wasn't enough. They ended up quitting hardware development because it was bleeding them too much out of money. And let's not forget how completely uncooperative Sega of Japan was with Sega of America. They both had a lot of disagreements with each other, which further escalated things.

Dude, I'm a huge Sega fan (I loved them more than Nintendo) and Dreamcast 2 is never going to happen. They would have to have a lot of money to be even able to compete with the big 3 again. And honestly, doing so now in their current state would be frankly a bad idea. And this is coming from a Sega fan.
True I actually agree, and I wrote a 'rumor' I never wrote it would happen, but if it did, oh happy days.

@ Psionic Psionic

No they are, read the facts.

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Can't wait for Zero Suit Samus amiibo. Though they'll probably never release one because of "omg tight suit = no amiibo 4 u" bs. Why has the world forsaken my Smash 4 main?!

I can't help but wonder how many of the people who bought amiibos were soccer moms getting a Mario thing for their kid only for them to scream at the customer service lady the day after because it didn't work with "their wii sports club game".
Glad my mother isn't like that.

Then again, I have games that aren't just "casual gaming mini-game collection 2010," so Amiibos would actually work on my games.

Remember how Skylanders started off claiming to be a new Spyro game, but then had nothing to do with Spyro, except him being one figure along with a bunch of Fan-Made Pokémon from Deviantart?

And remember how the 3 sequels didn't even have "Spyro" in the title, and he didn't even come with the main bundle set.

I'm not surprised amiibo is doing better than it. Nintendo has iconic characters, and Skylanders has.......crappy Spyro redesign......who isn't even the poster child anymore. People only got Skylanders at first because it was kinda original. Now it's just rehash, in a world with other "toys-to-life" games, that actually have really cool and iconic characters.
>skylanders
>original

69 keks.

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
Blow off Skylanders and Disney Infinity, retailers, and give Amiibo more shelf space.
The shelf space they already have is constantly empty or close to it. They can't stock what they don't receive.

GaMeR N1CK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3582-8458-4207
sucks that the amiibos i actually want are produced less than mario link and other characters that are over rated/produced.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
The shelf space they already have is constantly empty or close to it. They can't stock what they don't receive.
I thought retailers ordered enough Amiibo to put up at a shelf space. If that's the case then make more shelve space.

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
I thought retailers ordered enough Amiibo to put up at a shelf space. If that's the case then make more shelve space.
They're staying empty for weeks at a time though. I could be wrong, but if the stock even at online retailers is anything to go by, I'm pretty sure the issue isn't that they're selling too many, it's that they aren't getting enough. The supply is too limited. Again, I'm not certain that's the case, but if it is then all more shelf space would accomplish is having more empty racks.

Top Bottom