• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So many people see the moment an amiibo goes live...

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I have every Smash Amiibo released to date.
I have Wario, Charizard, and Pacman preordered.
I still have to secure Lucina, Robin, Ness, ...and Jigglypuff?

I enjoy the break periods between launches, doesn't feel stressful of panicy to get them lol!

Glad I don't live in the states the retailer exclusive stuff is terrible.

http://imgur.com/38wta0a

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I secured a Ness, Lucina, and Robin on Play-Asia earlier today. Again, as back ups. If I find them in my local stores at the end of the month, then I just cancel the orders, as the pre-orders are for their July re-run.

Also, we got a new challenger:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I secured a Ness, Lucina, and Robin on Play-Asia earlier today. Again, as back ups. If I find them in my local stores at the end of the month, then I just cancel the orders, as the pre-orders are for their July re-run.

Also, we got a new challenger:

Umm..... Play Asia specifically says they don't do refunds.

PF9

Smash Lord
questions for those who pre-ordered Jigglypuff at Target

1. did you have to pay an upfront fee?
2. can you pick up your order in the store?

I might just consider pre-ordering Charizard and Wario from Target, but I need to know some details first

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
This Kong takes first and second place.
:4diddy:
Also,:4pacman: will ship with :4shulk:in May.
Brother got :4megaman:&:4ness:.
Still waiting(URGENT)::4drmario::4ganondorf::4rob::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4wario:
Might want::4falco::4gaw::4lucas::4mewtwo:
Unsure::4miibrawl:
I like using those smilies.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Please also note that no amiibo have been discontinued at this time. We plan to have different amiibo available throughout the year, and characters which seem to disappear at one time will suddenly reappear in the future. This means that amiibo which are hard to find now will be back in stores.
This statement backs up comments Nintendo has made in the past. Very early on, they've stated they just need to get everything out first, and then worry about restocking.

However, it's important to note that the rep refers to characters reappearing, not specific amiibos. Also up in the air is packaging - we have no idea if what's been released now is a one-time, "first edition" collectible or if a Little Mac printed two years from now will be exactly identical to the ones we already have or missed. Still, it sounds like they intend to catch up to stock eventually, and that pile of amiibos I have sitting on my shelf won't be as valuable a year from now as it is right now (good thing I'm just trying to collect them all for a display!)

At the very least, this casts doubt on the rumor that Meta Knight has been discontinued from Best Buy. Maybe future reprints won't be retailer exclusive?

Now I'm wondering whether the exclusives aren't actually a deal with Nintendo, but rather a deal with their NA distributor... The big thing to look into is how the Nintendo World Store in New York is faring - anyone know what their stock situation is like? I know they have the exclusives, but how much easier is it to come by rare figures there?

Lastly, I really wish the writer of this article hadn't tried to verify the support ticket... this is the kind of thing someone might get fired or even sued for leaking, and now they could track it to the support rep who leaked it.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This statement backs up comments Nintendo has made in the past. Very early on, they've stated they just need to get everything out first, and then worry about restocking.

However, it's important to note that the rep refers to characters reappearing, not specific amiibos. Also up in the air is packaging - we have no idea if what's been released now is a one-time, "first edition" collectible or if a Little Mac printed two years from now will be exactly identical to the ones we already have or missed. Still, it sounds like they intend to catch up to stock eventually, and that pile of amiibos I have sitting on my shelf won't be as valuable a year from now as it is right now (good thing I'm just trying to collect them all for a display!)

At the very least, this casts doubt on the rumor that Meta Knight has been discontinued from Best Buy. Maybe future reprints won't be retailer exclusive?

Now I'm wondering whether the exclusives aren't actually a deal with Nintendo, but rather a deal with their NA distributor... The big thing to look into is how the Nintendo World Store in New York is faring - anyone know what their stock situation is like? I know they have the exclusives, but how much easier is it to come by rare figures there?

Lastly, I really wish the writer of this article hadn't tried to verify the support ticket... this is the kind of thing someone might get fired or even sued for leaking, and now they could track it to the support rep who leaked it.
A rumour from a "source with a perfect track record" according to the /r/amiibo mods, said that Best Buy is restocking Meta Knight in the summer. So I doubt he is discontinued. I have him on pre-order from Play-Asia just in case though.

As for Nintendo World, they get a ton of stock in when they get a stock of rares, but it generally goes within the day they get it. They're basically mini-launch events. You have over 100 people lining up, some even camping the night before. I know all of this because my friend in New York goes to these, he secured King Dedede and Shulk for me at these.

When they restocked on the Wave 3 exclusives (as well as Gold Mario, who sold out first out of all of the Amiibos) during the Mario Party 10 launch, Rosalina was the first of them to run out, then Shulk a while later. Meta Knight didn't run out until the end day, and I think Lucario actually lasted until the next morning. They got roughly the exact same amount of stock for each character, so the sell through order can be seen as representative of the demand for those characters in New York. Gold Mario in particular sold out really fast (for Nintendo World) not only because it was his debut, but because there actually isn't a single Walmart in New York. The closest one to where my friend lives is in New Jersey.

PF9

Smash Lord
I got all the info I need by calling Target, I just need to know when they are going to do online pre-orders for Wave 4

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

New interactive display at some Target store.

Gotta love the complete absence of Rosalina (and others).

AlphaAustin

Smash Rookie
Of course the only amiibos I really care for are Villager and Ness, so it is looking pretty grim for me.. guess I'll go sell my organs to buy a villager amiibo.

Last edited:

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Man it is just filthy to think about. Us grown-ass men can barely get our hand on these things, how are kids and their parents supposed to? Ho

New interactive display at some Target store.

Gotta love the complete absence of Rosalina (and others).
Ahaha, you're right
Gamestop has something like that too but I havent messed with it

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Man it is just filthy to think about. Us grown-*** men can barely get our hand on these things, how are kids and their parents supposed to? Ho

Ahaha, you're right
Gamestop has something like that too but I havent messed with it
Well, we are the ones with the money and the modes of transportation and the desire to get those amiibos... kids have desire but no money (unless they have allowances) and no modes of transportation (gotta get parents to agree to take them or take the bus)... parents have money and modes of transportation but no desire.

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
Looks like the UK retailer GAME haven't got the option of pre-ordering Greninja or Jigglypuff anymore.

Zavvi sold out in a mere hour or two.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Small update with my amiibo colection. I've now gotten :4megaman: from a Gamestop today. Also, I'm getting my :4villager: either next week or the week after.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Inexpensive Rosalina amiibos finally restock in my country's shopping website.
未命名.png

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Collection update :
:4link::4peach::4zelda::4lucario:
:4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman:
:4samus::4shulk::4sheik::4tlink:
:4dedede::4villager::4sonic::4fox:
:4dk::4diddy::4myfriends::4kirby:
:4yoshi::4wiifit::4bowser:
I think those are all I currently own. Rosalina is arriving sometime this week/next week.
I'm really struggling with :4metaknight::4littlemac: and :4pit:

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
WELP, I didn't realize what happened today. My :4villager: actually arrived much earlier than intended. Unfortunately, I saw this on Saturday and my post office is closed on Sundays.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Still waiting on my Rosalina.
I still feel blessed finding that one Villager in the store looking at how he is rare now.

EDIT: Just checked my E-mail and apparently my order's been canceled.

Wow.

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I can't say where,but my local GameStop has a few Kirbys,Smash Yoshis,and Toon Links.Are they becoming uncommon like Fox?
Hope not, they are the most common out of all of them. I see kirby, toon link, sonic, and pikachu all the time at my gamestop. However... Smash Yoshi is rare where I live... even outside of gamestop.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
Here's another Amiibo name suggestion for you all. If any of you manage to get a hold of a Fox Amiibo, name him Mozilla. I think you'll get the reference there.

Top Bottom