• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibo/Figure Player Side Tournaments

M15t3R E

Smash Master
If you need a crash course on amiibos and figure players in SSB4, read this.
I'd like to introduce the possibility for amiibo side tournaments in the future when amiibos become widely available. Use the amiibo of your choice and level up your favorite figure player character (to lvl. 50, preferably). Have it learn and grow and feed it the optimal equipment and watch your figure player fight other people's figure players. Would this be boring or pretty hyped? There could also be team battle figure player fights, meaning one person and their figure player vs. another player and their figure player.
This is meant for a side event, of course. Yes? No?

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
If you need a crash course on amiibos and figure players in SSB4, read this.
I'd like to introduce the possibility for amiibo side tournaments in the future when amiibos become widely available. Use the amiibo of your choice and level up your favorite figure player character (to lvl. 50, preferably). Have it learn and grow and feed it the optimal equipment and watch your figure player fight other people's figure players. Would this be boring or pretty hyped? There could also be team battle figure player fights, meaning one person and their figure player vs. another player and their figure player.
This is meant for a side event, of course. Yes? No?
The main concern is using valuable setup-time for this. If the crowd is okay with it, sure, could be a fun distraction.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I'd pay to see a really good lvl. 50 amiibo vs. M2K. Bot vs. bot. :p Seriously though. I wonder if amiibos can learn to play on a high competitive level. It would be a sight to see and they would make for great artificial sparring partners.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I'd pay to see a really good lvl. 50 amiibo vs. M2K. Bot vs. bot. :p Seriously though. I wonder if amiibos can learn to play on a high competitive level. It would be a sight to see and they would make for great artificial sparring partners.
I certainly hope that their ability to learn and react (which has been really hyped up by Nintendo) exceeds all of our expectations. It'd be great!

Loki

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, It will greatly depend on the AI but as a side-event it will be very intersting. I would hype for it.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I like the option of using a player/amiibo team match better than just having them fight on their own.

yoyowoodchuckguy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-1538-9247
It would be cool if we could set it up as a sort of Pokémon battle. Players would have team of say, 3 amiibos, and the amiibos would fight 1 stock battles. If your amiibos loses, you put your next one in, and if you win, your amiibo stays in play.

Davis-Lightheart

Smash Journeyman
This sounds a lot like virtual chicken fighting. Next thing you know, we'll be pulling shady gambling deals while dodging the law for cruelty.

I kid, I kid. But this looks like a fun side event idea provided it can work.

Last edited:

dbwithlemon

Smash Apprentice
Clearly only suited as side tournament, but has anyone considered Doubles tournaments where each player uses an amiibo as their partner?

We know they'll be better than regular CPU players, and can be trained/configured to compliment your character choice, while still not being OP due to being a CPU.

ProfShirogane

Smash Rookie
NNID
Prof.Shirogane
3DS FC
3239-3417-0128
Clearly only suited as side tournament, but has anyone considered Doubles tournaments where each player uses an amiibo as their partner?

We know they'll be better than regular CPU players, and can be trained/configured to compliment your character choice, while still not being OP due to being a CPU.
It sounds like it has a cool concept and I would most likely join it, however the smash community will probably not even have these cause none of them probably thought about this. I think you should start one tho if you can record it as well then we can get an understanding on how it would play.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
Money matches?
This was literally my first thought when the functions of Amiibo were shown off, but it being based on CPUs rather than the players actual skill it might make it a bit difficult.

Also the equipment feeding, as well as the extra stats for power defense and speed make it concerning.

dbwithlemon

Smash Apprentice
It sounds like it has a cool concept and I would most likely join it, however the smash community will probably not even have these cause none of them probably thought about this. I think you should start one tho if you can record it as well then we can get an understanding on how it would play.
The concept is simple, we know that the Amiibo learn as they play, so they learn based on how you play with them. You can train your amiibo to adopt a playstyle that compliments you.

It's basically a regular doubles tournament, except each team is a player and their amiibo instead of 2 players.
With a partner you've specifically trained to compliment your playstyle, it can be a very effective team.
For example, Jigglypuff has always been hardcore in the air, and now we have little mac who is a beast on the ground.
If I want to play Jiggly, I could train a Little Mac amiibo. He'll cover the ground while I own the air.
The match comes down to not only your skill, but also which amiibo you've picked and how well you trained them.

Top Bottom