• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

America! The Tournament [Bracket Open]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlecow

Play to Win
AMERICA!

An online Tournament by Battlecow

Hello fellow online smashers! I thought it'd be a good idea for me to run a little online, North American tourney, if there's any interest. I may end up canceling if no one signs up, but as it is, we'll go for a quick, 8 man, double elimination bracket, composed of people that I know will get their matches done.

Why should you sign up? Because I'm a sane, lovable, benevolent, and gracious tournament host who will be a hardass when necessary and show mercy when appropriate. Also because tournaments are awesome and ones that finish like this one will (I SWEAR IT) are awesomer.

RULES-

-Best of 5 (that's three matches to win)
-Pick first stage by stage striking among the three neutrals- that is, DL, Hyrule, and Kongo (With Final Destination and Battlefield added if both players are amenable). -After that match is done, loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character. Standard stuff.
-5 stock, no items (duh)
-No dark samus or Black Douglas on Kongo
-Legal stages are DL, Hyrule, Kongo, and Peach's. Add Battlefield, Final Destination, Windless DL, and Nado-free Hyrule if both players agree to do so.
-No excessive stalling. The onus is on the person who's behind to attack, so the person at lower stock/higher % is the one who'll forfeit the match if neither player takes damage for 5 minutes or more. I honestly don't anticipate this being a problem.
-DS 4 times or more (if it's provable that you were the cause of DS) and you're out.
-No laggers allowed. If you have noticeable lag (57 frames or lower seems to be the cutoff point for most people) you have one chance to fix it and then you're out
If there are serious, widespread objections to any of these rules, I can change them.

Contacting and Stuff-

When you apply for the tourney (it's first come first served among those I deem good match-players, which is most of you) post this information:

Name
Contact info (Something that you check on the daily, please. IM info is nice as well)

People with LADDER RANKINGS will be seeded above people without them, and those with higher ladder rankings above those with lower. After that, the seedings will be generated randomly.

I will DQ the player whom I feel to be responsible whenever I feel like a match is taking too long. Generally, you have 4 days unless you come up with a really good excuse.

I will be on everyone's case to finish matches. Hopefully we can have a fun, snappy tournament.

Everyone in North America is eligible. That's why it's "America!" instead of "USA!"

And, if you're confused as to how to play your matches within the time limit, here's a helpful flowchart:

Participants-
1. BEEF!Man!
2. Surri-Sama
3. Killer

That's all, folks! Sign up now!

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Name:Killer
State or Country:In a box
Emulator:pJ64K/p2p
Time I Can Play:2:00-6:00
Time Zone:Est
Day(s):everyday i guess
Contact(s):The galaxy sever or here

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
The consensus seems to be that Saffron isn't terrible.

If no one wants it, I'll take it out.
Take it out and count me in...other wise ill still join but ill be less enthusiastic about it :o

Name: Surri-Sama
State or Country: Canada
Emulator: pj64k
Time I Can Play: Random
Time Zone: Newfoundland Standard Time (-3:30 GMT)
Day(s): Any except most sundays
MSN: surrismash@hotmail.com
AIM: SurriSama

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
Name: BEEF!Man!
Contact info: [MSN]JaimeHR.SsB@gmail.com, [AIM]JaimeHR3.
Emulator: Project64k with P2P client.
Time Zone: Pacific Time GMT-8:00
Time I can play: Friday night, all day during Saturdays and Sundays, Random times the rest of the week.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Take it out and count me in...other wise ill still join but ill be less enthusiastic about it :o
All right, it's out. Didn't know that people disliked it so much. There ya go.

And of course, I get KF's reference as well. BEST SONG EVAR.

Name:Killer
Contact(s):The galaxy sever or here
I do hope you'll be checking your smashboards PM's/This thread... it would be a shame if I had to DQ you because someone couldn't find you on The Galaxy

Oh, and the OP has been updated with BATTLECOW'S EXCELLENT TOURNAMENT-PLAYING FLOWCHART! Pay close attention. It's very complex.

The Star King

Smash Hero
America! **** yeah!

*whoever gets my reference wins a cookie*
Everybody knows that song, or at least in America. I hope you're prepared to give out lots of cookies :S

Definitely not bitter about you not stealing my joke.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Excuse me, but I believe that joke was implied in the title, making it MY joke.

Jeez, link to something once and then a few weeks later it's all over the forum. That's like my theme song, guys.

Gowa

Smash Apprentice
Name: Gowa
Contact info: i don't check smashboards much, but i'd check it everyday if it's tournament related so smashboards PM.
Times when you can usually play: usually all day

Battlecow

Play to Win
K so THE FOOLS evidently decided that Nova's tourney was cooler than mine *sniff* so they deserve what they're about to receive. No love for this one so it's CLOSED

might try running another one later after the FOOLS reap what they've sown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom