• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ame$ Jiggz videos

Ame$

Smash Apprentice
Edit : I´ll list up all videos posted here , from old to new ones

old :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhu2yTZIj5I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSQxRP23f18

VS Sheik :

round 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1d1Uz6ze0k
round 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kzYGHgeeqk
round 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U5xwckw8bU
round 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXMN1ObNDMQ

VS Pikachu *NEW* :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsCS68KMtsE

Please give some advices , hints , tactics

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
From what i can tell you just need practice against better people that will better punish your mistakes. After watching your posted video I'm pretty sure that you and Yome probably play each other way too much.

First off like most jiggs players, you pound far too much. Pound is great when you're trying to start a combo, or pop your opponent into the air.. but sometimes just racking up damage with Bairs, and Fairs is a significantly better option. Pound is also slow and laggy.. and currently you are not taking advantage of it's insanely disjointed hit box.. It's about as bad as Marth's grab (to put it into context).

Secondly stay off the ground. Maybe against a Shiek/Marth ccing is the way to go, but never stand in one place. Short hop, dashdance, ect. Jiggs is the slowest runner in the game, and he ground attacks aren't much better. Your grabs are quite tasty and are great served with rest.. but seriously, Jiggs air game is what makes her so high on the tier list. Use everything you have to your advantage.

Thirdly.. space your attacks, and esspecially your arials. Shiek can't grab you and will take a faceful of 12% if you correctly space a Bair. Fairs (when spaced correctly) can combo even better than Bairs, if you know exactly what part of the hitbox, has what amount of knockback... but that comes with practice, and time. Just learn to space better. It'll help you not being grabbed.

Forthly.. don't waste your grabs on Dthorws.. your opponent will always DI it unless they don't know which directly to. A slothe in Mexico>Jiggs Dthorw. Also, don't do it at such high %'s. Next time maybe Dthrow up to 40ish, but then after that (btw, not on just shiek.. everyone that's not a fast faller) do a Bthrow, or Fthrow.. but Bthrow is ussually better b/c it's harder to DI, and Fthrow is only affective when it's not DI'd well.

Fifth.. your recovery is very predictable.. utilize your fastfalling, Fairs, Dairs, and Bairs. Airdodging isn't bad either. Everytime without fail i saw the same thing.. Pound-->Pound-->Pound-->Ledge-->Sing.. unless the last pound conected with them, which would change the ledge-->sing to a Bair-->Ledge. Mix it up good sir. Mix it up.

6th.. Punish their shortcommings. This shiek doesn't space very well, and never grabs. Grab her when she does a Fair right infront of you, or do a sidestep rest. Also falling Uairs never hurt anyone except the people you're playing against right ;) I also find that doing a full jump overtop someone and then Doing a Bair is quite affective. Write that down *acts more like Van Wilder*. wait.. that's the best catchphrase ever. *steals*.

7th.. the shiek you play against doesn't know how to play against Jiggs. He should be grabbing, and Dthrowing. tell him that. This will make it far more difficult to win (trust me), but it will give you experience against the way "normal" shiek players would deal with this matchup. That's all for now..

Write That Down.

edit- and you're using the green jiggs.. how dare you. red or nothing.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Against that Falco..

1, Space Better
2, Use Uthrow Rest
3, Use Uairs more
4, Use Uthrow Rest
5, Use every avalible gayness that you have avalibility to.. ie. Use Uthrow Rest.
6, When he does a Dair Wavedash back, Grab him and then Uthrow Rest.

Good Day Sir.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Well you seemed to cover everything pretty well, Chozen, I didn't see what I could add.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Lol, no sarcasm intended, I meant it. Can you check out my thread on needing help? I got some vids up there of my Jiggs.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
since no one else is helping. against falco....up throw rest lol that cannot be said enough iam getting out of the habit of down throws because they are easy to DI out. Even people who don't know how to DI, DI out of those.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
I find however, that if there're expecting a different throw you can sometimes get a gimpy rest off it.. it's also quite effective in Teams, esspecially on large maps where you can draw them out to one side of the stage.. their attention is ussually elsewhere so gimpy rest ftw.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
At high percentages, if you do get grabbed (by sheik) you shouldn't DI away from her because you'll get hit with a fair if you do. Try to DI up and on the opposite side of where you got grabbed so you end up getting hit with a bair instead if you do get hit.

shoe

Smash Ace
If you ever let Ganondorf recover, hang on the edge to force him on stage, punish the lag with either rest, of roll onstage --> F-smash.

RapE

Smash Ace
Against that Falco..

1, Space Better
2, Use Uthrow Rest
3, Use Uairs more
4, Use Uthrow Rest
5, Use every avalible gayness that you have avalibility to.. ie. Use Uthrow Rest.
6, When he does a Dair Wavedash back, Grab him and then Uthrow Rest.

Good Day Sir.

Im not gonna lie thats the best strat. Vs. any fast fallers chozen and one of the best lists, also if they try to come back with a fire fox/bird just kick him out of it and faclo is done you might have to bair/fair the fox 2 more times :) also you go to cc and than wait for sheik to grab and gimp rest :) other than that just get some practice i know i play with some good people(i.e. Dope, Hochimintrail, and Vidjogamer) who punish the hell out of my jiggs if i make any mistake!

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying to get better with Jiggly as well.

I noticed that ChozenOne recommends using Uthrow Rest. Is that really a good tactic? I always thought that the Uthrow sent my opponent way too high, and a Rest could be seen coming from a mile away.

I'm not saying your wrong or anything, I'm sure I'm probably wrong, I'm just trying to get better.

pdk

Smash Lord
at low damage it should work fine on a fastfaller

cmart

Smash Lord
At high percentages, if you do get grabbed (by sheik) you shouldn't DI away from her because you'll get hit with a fair if you do. Try to DI up and on the opposite side of where you got grabbed so you end up getting hit with a bair instead if you do get hit.
At high damage, the Sheik is probably looking for an uair more than a fair, since uair will almost always kill a jiggz quicker. Unfortunately she can hit you with one no matter which way you di the grab even up and behind her. The best bet is to di away from her and hope she gets lazy and fairs you instead of following the di with an uair. Just remember to switch your di once you see the fair coming.
At low damage di'ing behind her for a sex or bair instead is a decent idea though.

Ame$-I don't normally give out Jiggz advice since I only recently got good with her but what the hell.
Looking at your vs sheik matches it's pretty obvious your opponent didn't know how to uair or the vs jiggz matchup very well which was lucky for you. I liked your play on jungle japes, it looked fun. It seems like you need to work on di'ing his fairs better and working on a better close in game. Especially against Sheik you need to mix up your wall often, switching shuffles for double bairs into advancing nairs and all sorts of other tactics changes. Being predictable leads to being punished. Also learn how to pressure his shield better. You took a few fairs\bairs from pounding his shield. Well spaced bairs and crossovers are great vs shields. By crossover a mean doing an aerial through their shield to the other side. If they see it coming they can punish, but if they don't or you space whichever aerial properly, you can follow up with another one to the back of their sheild, land into utilt, land into grab, all sorts of stuff. And you can do it with any of your aerials except uair so you don't have to be predictable with the approach either. I find that at times playing jiggz is like playing falco. You get your opponent to pop into their shield, observe their sheild habits and punish them.
Wow I didn't expect to ramble that much. Hopefully something of that made sense.

Magus420

Smash Master
Realistically, the u-air actually doesn't truely combo at the %s it KOs but f-air doesn't if you DI the throw away. Unless they have perfect timing and it's spaced flawlessly you can rest the moment it would hit or just before. There isn't enough time to get out of the way of the u-air if they time it well, but if you'd die anyway it's worth a shot even if it whiffs imo. You should hit down&toward to do the rest not straight down and/or switch up the DI quickly so you don't die from terrible DI in case they f-air though.

cmart

Smash Lord
Realistically, the u-air actually doesn't truely combo at the %s it KOs but f-air doesn't if you DI the throw away. Unless they have perfect timing and it's spaced flawlessly you can rest the moment it would hit or just before. There isn't enough time to get out of the way of the u-air if they time it well, but if you'd die anyway it's worth a shot even if it whiffs imo. You should hit down&toward to do the rest not straight down and/or switch up the DI quickly so you don't die from terrible DI in case they f-air though.
I've got to try that now. Thanks Magus.

A_mArIo

Smash Cadet
Nice matches,cant say much because I rarely face a pika, but I face a lot of links and I know that WD to rest....kills. =]

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
I can tell you where facing off against a careless Falco. He pretty much killed himself twice. Anyway some ok moves, maybe switch up your recovery methods because they were too detectable.

Ame$

Smash Apprentice
yeah the falco match was from december i think

Ame$-I don't normally give out Jiggz advice since I only recently got good with her but what the hell.
Looking at your vs sheik matches it's pretty obvious your opponent didn't know how to uair or the vs jiggz matchup very well which was lucky for you. .

im from germany and were playing the PAL Version and in PAL the uair is much weaker .

Quoted from Melee Discussions
Sheik uair on Peach, FD:
NTSC - PAL
scream 1 - 72% 93%
scream 2 - 153% 196%
death - 130% 167%

That is an enormous difference. a 43% difference in scream 2, and a 37% difference in getting KO'd at the lowest possible percent on FD.
The attack does 12% in NTSC and 10% in PAL.

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
Tryout some ground games. B-airing/F-airing the whole match may get you to win, but try grabbing and dash attacking.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
since no one else is helping. against falco....up throw rest lol that cannot be said enough iam getting out of the habit of down throws because they are easy to DI out. Even people who don't know how to DI, DI out of those.
Btw... I love falcos

that is all.

Top Bottom