• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazing New Toon Link Tech, the "WaveBow"

TriforceCore

Smash Apprentice
Ok so I was practicing last night and was practicing SHDA in training mode, during the practice my finger slipped and I did a sorta wave dash thing! I tried recreating it and I actually was actually able to figure it out! What you do is bow cancel whi jumping backwards(SH prefered) and when you land do hold back on the joystick in somewhat unison and TADA! Here I got a vid, theres no point to see past 0:11 because I do it twice in the begining.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
What's the obsession with 'waves' anyway?

Not even wavedashing resembles anything like a wave. It's more like "smashing your face diagonally into the ground and sliding fowards", or "SYFDITGASF".

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Um, if I found a way to wavebounce forwards whilst doing a bow shot, would that be a wavebow? D:

I'm not sure if this is new or anything, hence why I'm not making a new topic. I just need to film it. Hang onz.

Wavebow?
Forward wavebounce?

Before you ask, I don't know how I did it...

Sorry about the poor quality.

TriforceCore

Smash Apprentice
No that was kinda like Rar w/ the bow, which gives you that extra umpf, followed by landing. Sorry theres no such thing as the “Wave Bow”. It was an April fools joke that some of the lesser matured people got bent out of shape over. But on a side note the button input is about the same as BattleChrist' ATB technique which hes has recieved praise over. So there I said my piece can the mods just go ahead and close this post count booster/flame thread.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Ofcourse I know that this topic was initially a joke topic. =D

I was just wondering how I was wavebouncing forwards; and I didn't think that deserved it's own topic.

If anybody could tell me how it's done that'd be cool. It's kinda useful and I've only ever done it by acctident some times. (It's happened with the boomerang aswell.)

eMORAY21

Smash Journeyman
Can everyone please let this thread die?... (Obviously I've boosted it by posting this, no need to explain and boost again). It was painfully obvious what it was without even opening it.

Top Bottom