• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazing Ike, what can we learn?

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Don't take Ike to Battlefield and Dream Land constantly is what people should learn.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
He was very good with his aerials, the only move he didn't use was down smash haha
I am in the super minority on this, but I kinda like dsmash. Don't use it a hell of alot, but if you get get a read the first hit is kinda fast and you have roll protection with the second hit.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
The place for dsmash to shine I suppose is when your opponent is offstage and catches the ledge the second time. Dsmash is quick enough to respond to the ledge snap and shoot them far horizontally (most likely killing them) while dealing a significant amount of damage.

Last edited:

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wasn't aware you could dash attack someone hanging on the ledge. I thought the sword would just go over their heads?

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
The place for dsmash to shine I suppose is when your opponent is offstage and catches the ledge the second time. Dsmash is quick enough to respond to the ledge snap and shoot them far horizontally (most likely killing them) while dealing a significant amount of damage.
I have gotten people by surprise with it off an empty hop. They get scared of the grab and try to react and you can get them. Like I said, its not supposed to be used alot, but it can be something to get them with the right read since it's pretty quick

Arrei

Smash Lord
I usually go for Utilt for those kinds of reads. It's much safer on shield if your opponent doesn't fall for it.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Two frames faster, if I remember right. Dsmash is 13 frames and Utilt is 11.

Top Bottom