Amaterasu, Now is the time. We have never needed your power more: Amaterasu for SSB Ultimate

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
3DS FC
4571-1663-9141
NNID
TyrantTenebris
How have I not noticed this?

Okami used to be one of thise games I've been wanting to play long ago. But for whatever reason I just couldn't back then. I used to think Amaterasu had a really sick design and the art design for this game is really incredible. I still do.

Well, now I bought Okami HD and I'm glad i made that decision. I haven't finished the game but I'm having a blast so far. So I would definitely like to give out my support for Amaterasu in this thread.

TeX

Smash Rookie
Well, there aren't any leaks related to Amaterasu and she's not #1 in download only best sellers and she's not #2 in all anymore so as much as I would love her inclusion, I'm having my doubts.

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
Well, there aren't any leaks related to Amaterasu and she's not #1 in download only best sellers and she's not #2 in all anymore so as much as I would love her inclusion, I'm having my doubts.
I'm gonna be honest and realistic with you and everyone in this thread. I think Ammy's chances of getting in smash ultimate are incredibly slim if at all possible. It seems Sakurai cares more about popularity and what the overall community wants right now. How many people voted for Amaterasu in the smash ballot? How many people in this thread are in support of Ammy getting in? The answer is very few. We can hope Sakurai decides to want another Capcom rep and then likely puts Amaterasu in or maybe he's secretly a fan of Okami, but I honestly highly doubt it. Does that mean we should give up hope? No absolutely not. Its better we press on and continue to support her than to just give up. When you gather enough people and you ask for something, you'll be more likely to get said thing.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be honest and realistic with you and everyone in this thread. I think Ammy's chances of getting in smash ultimate are incredibly slim if at all possible. It seems Sakurai cares more about popularity and what the overall community wants right now. How many people voted for Amaterasu in the smash ballot? How many people in this thread are in support of Ammy getting in? The answer is very few. We can hope Sakurai decides to want another Capcom rep and then likely puts Amaterasu in or maybe he's secretly a fan of Okami, but I honestly highly doubt it. Does that mean we should give up hope? No absolutely not. Its better we press on and continue to support her than to just give up. When you gather enough people and you ask for something, you'll be more likely to get said thing.
Well said, no one said this would be easy and our hope is riding on another Capcom Newcomer, but just think if we actually pull through and get Ammy, then that makes victory all the sweeter we can't give up now. Look how lucky we are, other characters are Assist Trophies, or part of the background, and Final Smashes. There hasn't been anything disconfirming Ammy (here's hoping it stays that way).

And if the base roster passes by and she's still not in, most likely we'll have another ballot and we'll make our support known. But we'd have a better chance since the Ballot this time looks like it's in for the long haul for Ultimate so don't hold your heads down just yet. There's still so much to see before anything ends

RileyXY1

Smash Champion
Amaterasu won, 1256 to 854. Her next opponent is the king of the FPS genre, Doomguy!

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Doomguy doesn't stand a chance. More people probably played Doom, but Amaterasu has the upperhand in character design and uniquiety. Not to mention Nintendo fans in general would presumably love Okami more than Doom.

Wishful thinking.

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
This poll gives me hope she actually has a chance of getting in. I underestimated how dedicated our wolf goddesses fanbase truly is. Even if she doesn't make it in the base game, I'm hoping she has a good chance of getting in as dlc (if Sakurai decides to implement dlc anyway). Lets keep it up! I have a good feeling we can make this happen now!

Last edited: