• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amaterasu, Now is the time. We have never needed your power more: Amaterasu for SSB Ultimate

KMDP

Smash Legend
Up-to-date Support List for Amaterasu
  1. spinalwolf spinalwolf
  2. DNeon
  3. IronWarrior94
  4. RileyXY1
  5. TeX
  6. Sheng Long
  7. Miikon
  8. ryuu seika
  9. P.Kat
  10. MacDaddyNook
  11. SEGAGameBoy
  12. Idon
  13. verysleepywolf
  14. Kenith
  15. FooltheFlames

ChaosSharpedo

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosSharpedo
Switch FC
SW-8187-0600-4038
Amaterasu is my most wanted character for Ultimate, so I would like to join the Support list for her.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
After Dixie Kong, she is my most wanted newcomer. Such an awesome character with a recipe for a FUN and completely unique moveset. Okami is just a great game that brings back a lot of memories.

Add me to the support list!

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I would love to see Amaterasu make it in the game, so add me to the list of supporters.

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
We got three new people to join our cause! We can't lose hope now. I want to believe there's a possibility she can get in.

D

Deleted member

Okami is a nostalgic personal favorite of mine. I might not find Ammy likely, but I'd love to see her in more games, Smash included.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
If Amaterasu makes it in, do you all think we might get Shiranui as an. Echo or an alt skin?

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
How have I not noticed this?

Okami used to be one of thise games I've been wanting to play long ago. But for whatever reason I just couldn't back then. I used to think Amaterasu had a really sick design and the art design for this game is really incredible. I still do.

Well, now I bought Okami HD and I'm glad i made that decision. I haven't finished the game but I'm having a blast so far. So I would definitely like to give out my support for Amaterasu in this thread.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Count me in on supporting her. Ammy was actually the first character I voted for back when the ballot ran, for which I was probably also in the minority.

TeX

Smash Rookie
Guys, if you look on the Nintendo E shop. Okami is #1 best seller in download only games and #2 best seller in all games! I still believe!

TeX

Smash Rookie
Well, there aren't any leaks related to Amaterasu and she's not #1 in download only best sellers and she's not #2 in all anymore so as much as I would love her inclusion, I'm having my doubts.

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
Well, there aren't any leaks related to Amaterasu and she's not #1 in download only best sellers and she's not #2 in all anymore so as much as I would love her inclusion, I'm having my doubts.
I'm gonna be honest and realistic with you and everyone in this thread. I think Ammy's chances of getting in smash ultimate are incredibly slim if at all possible. It seems Sakurai cares more about popularity and what the overall community wants right now. How many people voted for Amaterasu in the smash ballot? How many people in this thread are in support of Ammy getting in? The answer is very few. We can hope Sakurai decides to want another Capcom rep and then likely puts Amaterasu in or maybe he's secretly a fan of Okami, but I honestly highly doubt it. Does that mean we should give up hope? No absolutely not. Its better we press on and continue to support her than to just give up. When you gather enough people and you ask for something, you'll be more likely to get said thing.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'm gonna be honest and realistic with you and everyone in this thread. I think Ammy's chances of getting in smash ultimate are incredibly slim if at all possible. It seems Sakurai cares more about popularity and what the overall community wants right now. How many people voted for Amaterasu in the smash ballot? How many people in this thread are in support of Ammy getting in? The answer is very few. We can hope Sakurai decides to want another Capcom rep and then likely puts Amaterasu in or maybe he's secretly a fan of Okami, but I honestly highly doubt it. Does that mean we should give up hope? No absolutely not. Its better we press on and continue to support her than to just give up. When you gather enough people and you ask for something, you'll be more likely to get said thing.
Well said, no one said this would be easy and our hope is riding on another Capcom Newcomer, but just think if we actually pull through and get Ammy, then that makes victory all the sweeter we can't give up now. Look how lucky we are, other characters are Assist Trophies, or part of the background, and Final Smashes. There hasn't been anything disconfirming Ammy (here's hoping it stays that way).

And if the base roster passes by and she's still not in, most likely we'll have another ballot and we'll make our support known. But we'd have a better chance since the Ballot this time looks like it's in for the long haul for Ultimate so don't hold your heads down just yet. There's still so much to see before anything ends

Thompsinus

Smash Rookie
You can put me down as another supporter. She has so much potential for such an interesting move set.

PlasmaSnow12

Smash Cadet
Oh gosh, this could be such a fun character with a really cool moveset.
She's very pretty and cool looking, and I love both Okami games, despite never finishing either yet, haha. I should get on that.
I wish there was more Amaterasu support, man.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Amaterasu won, 1256 to 854. Her next opponent is the king of the FPS genre, Doomguy!

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Doomguy doesn't stand a chance. More people probably played Doom, but Amaterasu has the upperhand in character design and uniquiety. Not to mention Nintendo fans in general would presumably love Okami more than Doom.

Wishful thinking.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Doomguy doesn't stand a chance. More people probably played Doom, but Amaterasu has the upperhand in character design and uniquiety. Not to mention Nintendo fans in general would presumably love Okami more than Doom.

Wishful thinking.
Amaterasu beat Doomguy. Her next opponent is either Banjo & Kazooie or Isaac.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
lol I didn't look at any dates.

The fact Amaterasu made it that far is seriously awesome. She basically is competing with the big kids now.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
After watching someone's blind playthrough of Okami, I'll say, I support, I think it'd be fun to see how she would play and act in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
This poll gives me hope she actually has a chance of getting in. I underestimated how dedicated our wolf goddesses fanbase truly is. Even if she doesn't make it in the base game, I'm hoping she has a good chance of getting in as dlc (if Sakurai decides to implement dlc anyway). Lets keep it up! I have a good feeling we can make this happen now!

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Ammy actually did pretty well in the poll considering she' made it in the Top 10. I'm glad she got more support than I thought.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I heard about all of these leaks coming out. It's not gonna stop us from supporting Ammy.

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
I heard about all of these leaks coming out. It's not gonna stop us from supporting Ammy.
I'll never give up. She might not get in the base roster but there's always dlc! I have a good feeling we can possibly get her as dlc.

Top Bottom