• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am (possibly) dropping Lucario

How has Lucario affected you?

• He has completely changed my playstyle.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • He is my secondary.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Formal: To give you a feel about me I am going to show you my mains history and who I have dropped so far in order from first to last:
Smash 3ds
Greninja :4greninja: dropped
Wii Fir Trainer female:4wiifit: dropped
Lucario :4lucario:
Donkey Kong :4dk:
dropped

Smash 4Wii U

Lucario :4lucario: dropped?
Kirby :4kirby:
Pikachu :4pikachu:
Greninja :4greninja:

(Possible) Mewtwo:mewtwopm:

After many matches with my friend Lucario I have began to inevitably only find his weaknesses, and not his strengths. I struggle and hate Lucario dittos and ONLY Lucario dittos I find them counter-productive, because you play how should I say, special from other characters. Lucario is a very powerful character, I have realized this from many long nights of playing him. However, I cannot see a future with maining Lucario and other characters when he has his aura factor and many others. His weaknesses include having a slow or average running speed, slow smash attacks, and a floaty body along with laggy special moves. Once online, I was playing Pikachu and I versed a Lucario who beat me the first time and only the first time because I realized how to beat him in that moment. I maintained perfect stage control and defended the center of the stage. I 2-stock that Lucario and from that moment I dropped him. I do not want criticism. I do not want an explanation of why he has no weakness, why he is god-tier. I cannot put into words how I feel when I play him now. It is a feeling like 2 hours of playing in 1.5x speed straight, then playing a normal speed match.

Final Epilogue (?)

I have learned a lot about Lucario and a lot about you. There were times when Kami~ was being rude and annoying but in the end we all figured things out. I pray for Steam and your girlfriend that you will be happy with each other. I hope that you continue to find new techniques and to turn Lucario into the new Metaknight. This is not the final goodbye as you can find me lurking around the Pikachu, Kirby, and Greninja forums. Be the best at Lucario and may the aura be with you.
-Jay:4kirby::4kirby::4lucario::4pikachu::4pikachu:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
wow jay im so happy to help you at times, it was my honor. maybe we can look at lucario yiff sometime and that may get you back into him because personally i dont even like lucarios moveset, i only main him because hes hot

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
wow jay im so happy to help you at times, it was my honor. maybe we can look at lucario yiff sometime and that may get you back into him because personally i dont even like lucarios moveset, i only main him because hes hot
Thx for your input man :'(

Steam

Smash Hero
Sometimes it's like you're trying to get banned kami. you're lucky I'm an extremely loose mod.

Also Lucario isn't for everyone, you have to put in lots of time for him to consistently reward you, you can't really secondary him or only main him for a short time and see success. So it comes as no surprise that half of his mains are furries who worship lucario as their waifu.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Sometimes it's like you're trying to get banned kami. you're lucky I'm an extremely loose mod.

Also Lucario isn't for everyone, you have to put in lots of time for him to consistently reward you, you can't really secondary him or only main him for a short time and see success. So it comes as no surprise that half of his mains are furries who worship lucario as their waifu.
Yep, I feel the same way. Thx for your input Steam God Bless you and your gf :,(

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Eh, if you don't want to commit, you don't want to commit. But just to let you know, you'll never get good if you don't commit to a character. Oh - if slow movement speed and laggy special moves are cons, you're definitely going to end up dropping Kirby, too.

Anyways, some playstyles don't mesh with certain people.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Eh, if you don't want to commit, you don't want to commit. But just to let you know, you'll never get good if you don't commit to a character. Oh - if slow movement speed and laggy special moves are cons, you're definitely going to end up dropping Kirby, too.

Anyways, some playstyles don't mesh with certain people.
unfortunately yes that is how i feel with Lucario, but Kirby has fast tilts so yeah...thx 4 ur inout man appreciated

|RK|

Smash Marketer
unfortunately yes that is how i feel with Lucario, but Kirby has fast tilts so yeah...thx 4 ur inout man appreciated
Kirby does have fast tilts, but also slower airspeed than Lucario and pretty bad range. His frame data isn't bad though. Again, it really depends on what meshes with you. From here, it looks like Pikachu's your mouse.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace

Hey, I'm a furry and I want Lucario to be my waifu!

That said... I've been maining him since Brawl, and haven't really been able to adapt well to Sm4sh. It really is discouraging. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom