• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

am I too old fashion? *question about my learning style*

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Alright so basically since I've started maining Kirby I've decided to master the Inhale powers. So I've been taking notes in a notebook of all things and combined with some snooping around on other characters forums for useful tactics with their B moves I've started to make pages like

And I figured this was just the norm or whatever until I brought it up with a friend and she said it was ridiculous that I'm doing this. So my question is will this actually help me? Or am I just being hyper critical of a back burner thing. Also I apologize for the messy handwriting and bad drawings.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I don't think it's ridiculous - people learn/think in all kinds of different ways from each other.
Most of my Copy knowledge actually comes from playing all the other characters and using their Standard Special normally. I usually look at specific things in Training Mode with Kirby (e.g. how many Short Hop Lasers Kirby gets with Fox compared to Falco, counting the number of 'Magic Points' he gets with Robin Tomes, comboing into Duck Hunt cans, etc).

Most of my Copy info is just in my head because it's stuff I do when I play, not generally something I study. I do, however, have a hand-written notebook of all sorts of other Kirby data.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I don't think it's ridiculous - people learn/think in all kinds of different ways from each other.
Most of my Copy knowledge actually comes from playing all the other characters and using their Standard Special normally. I usually look at specific things in Training Mode with Kirby (e.g. how many Short Hop Lasers Kirby gets with Fox compared to Falco, counting the number of 'Magic Points' he gets with Robin Tomes, comboing into Duck Hunt cans, etc).

Most of my Copy info is just in my head because it's stuff I do when I play, not generally something I study. I do, however, have a hand-written notebook of all sorts of other Kirby data.
Well the notes for me are built around stealing their B Tech and using it against them. Like sheik alone has like 5-6 Needle techs that work with Kirby and help in the match.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
It's not crazy to copy down notes. (Just make sure to make a note about never using Jigglypuff's rollout as an inhale, as rollout is more like fall out of the stage online

Zunoa

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZunoaX
3DS FC
0559-7279-2599
This is amazing for quick notes on copy powers. I might need to start doing that for the characters B moves that I don't really know how to use.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
This is amazing for quick notes on copy powers. I might need to start doing that for the characters B moves that I don't really know how to use.
It helps a lot actually. I keep a majority of them on my phone incase I ever need to quickly check out a B Move.

Zunoa

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZunoaX
3DS FC
0559-7279-2599
Go-to notes that you can check quickly in order to know how to get the maximum effect of a B move is something I need to start doing!

Top Bottom