• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one?

TwistedLullaby89

Smash Cadet
Am I the only person on this forum who not only accepts the roster, clones and all, but openly EMBRACES it?

The only newcomers I was hoping for dearly were Olimar and Diddy Kong, because there was so much potential for originality there. Which was also the reason I was pleased to see PT (who I had seen ideas for similar characters tossed around for on forums for some time), and even R.O.B. (whose moveset simply HAD to be completely original, due to the lack of plausible moves based on the actual NES accessory.)

Even the clones seem to be more individual than previously. What I've seen in gameplay videos of Wolf has surprised me, I imagined he'd end up being almost exactly like Falco, more power-oriented, but he has more differences than I'd anticipated, and even more will be discovered. However, I'll openly admit I can't speak to the status of Ness/Lucas and Link/T-Link, I've not seen enough of them in action.

And as for Ganondorf, although he shared the same moveset with Falcon for the most part, the way you had to utilize the moveset was entirely different. So I'm rather relieved that his moveset wasn't changed, since he was so different gameplay-wise from Falcon.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I LOVE the roster. Anyone who is so angry shouldn't be. Lesson to them, don't set expectations so high. Should be on a fortune cookie... probably is.

I wanted MegaMan Skull Kid Mewtwo all sorts of stuff but it didn't make it. whatever, I didn't expect to get as many characters as we did, either. I'm VERY pleased.

Rockefeller

Smash Rookie
You are not alone, I love the roaster. Everyone's just upset because they expected more.

LucidDreamGod

Smash Cadet
I have to say I agree the roster is fairly nice, but i am so sick of seeing threads like this, we get it that people like the roster and some people hate it.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
The other 50 people who have made threads exactly like this probably agree with you, so I think it's safe to say you aren't the only one.

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
no, there is that other poster who also likes the roster. so that would make you #2.

courte

Smash Lord
dude we've all gotten over the OH NOES it takes about an hour or so, and a few vids lol

then again... there are people with smash transition depression anger syndrome, first seen in players who are good in smash 64 but not so well with kirby in melee, and will likely be seen again in brawl with hardcore wavedashing marths, waveshining foxes, and moonwalking falcons looking for some sort of ken combo variation lol

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This roster = awesome.

I got Olimar. I was happy with that.

Now I got WW Link, Wolf, Lucario AND ROB. this roster, clone-ish characters (none of them are truly clones) and everything else about it is pure awesome.

It could in no way be better. In no way. People who complain, dont buy the game if you hate it that much. Thats what Im saying.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I really do enjoy the roster,but there has been threads like this.Yea,but whatever I love the roster.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
To think you are the only one is being self centered, sorry. I like the roster, don't love it, at least not yet.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Love it, except for one thing. I was really hoping for a bad guy from Metroid to make it. Even if it was just Ridley clone of Charizard, or Dark Samus clone of Samus, either one of those would have made this roster nearly perfect by my standards(Unfortunately too many people around here seem to have pretty unrealistic standards.).

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I'm with you bro.
I'm satisfied with the roster.
Heck, I'm still satisfied with the SSB roster.
The roster is less than what a lot of people expected but people aren't looking at the positives of the roster.
Love it.

SmashTim

Smash Rookie
I am.....

I am. EXTREMELY satisified with the roster, it's like I am in heaven! :)
My dad, before he passed away (and lost his speech with the ALS) said to me, "If I die before the next Smash Bros. comes out, please make sure Wario, Sonic and that guy from that series that you wish was brought back to the U.S. makes it in. (I think the last one refers to Ness/Lucas) He was my best friend, and my Smash Partner! Oh Dad, you would love Brawl!

*I don't own it yet, but I hope to preorder it today!*

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
i feared the movesets amoung the so called clones would be too similar but they really are quite diverse and special. Im not including toon link in this though. I belive he was an easy bonus put in just for the sake of beefing up the roster.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Oh your not so special, there has been numerous threads like these so shut up and realize most of us like the roster. Which is evident by the sheer amount of "am i the only one" threads. So in future realize your not the only one who likes the roster.

Top Bottom