• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one who sucks at C4ing for Up B?

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
I always end up fast falling on accident. :( The Mortar Slide only took like 2 minutes in training mode for me including doing it without an opponent. I practiced recovering from the bottom of Battlefield using C4 trick and I fast fall 70% of the time. Even after 30 minutes.. =*(

I'm not even improving >.> Am I hopeless? :(

qazqazqaz

Smash Rookie
unfortunately, i have the same problem, but i've started to get the hang of it.

Ragnorok64

Smash Rookie
When I try doing this without fast falling I tend to end up throwing endless grenades. Setting specials to the C-stick helps but I might need C-stick specials for Mortal sliding...

Livetopwn247

Smash Rookie
does that mean you must anticipate not being able to make it all the way and interrupt the Cypher before Snake would otherwise automatically let go of it with down + b?

I've been able to do it without doing so...

Xxll_The Boss_llxX

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot guys, great info. And yeah i think you sorta have to anticipate your not-getting-to-the-stage to do it successfully, along with just spamming vB while the cypher runs out

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
That is the key.

Also when you do it, hold down and just spam B.
Ooo, I'll try that. I lost a few matches that I could've won if I didn't suicide at like 40% >_< Oh and I can't B-stick cause I use the C-Stick for Mortar Sliding.

Top Bottom