• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

am I the only one who sees charizard as a cheap character?

PKOWNAGE

Smash Rookie
Ok, before I talk about the subject, I mean that charizard is a cheap character in boss battles mode, not in actual brawls/special brawls/tournaments

Have you every seen someone select charizard, and play through boss battles no sweat, just to beat your high score or some crap like that?

In case you didn't know, charizards rock smash is a boss demolator. The only two bosses that can confront charizard's rock smash and still survive after being directly hit with it 6 times are rayquaza and tabuu.

Charizard is an incredibly cheap boss battles character. I have seen a single charizard player defeat master hand in 6 seconds using rock smash. Galleom can be downed in just 2-3 hits from rock smash!

If you don't believe me, or didn't know about this, try it out. It is FAR too easy to beat boss battles using charizard. Anyone with me?

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
I ALWAYS use Zard on Boss Battles. my friend and I will play them ( we both suck at Boss Battles) and, even though he's a Kirby main, he'll use Charizard and we'll defeat Duon and Galleom in, like, 3 seconds flat. Zard isn't cheap, he's just awesome!
Edit: Oh, and saying he should be banned because he's so good is like banning the Ice Climbers because they can infinite everyone.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
Fox is better. No really he is! I tried Intense with Charizard and with Fox and only Fox worked for me.

Do you have any idea how good Fox's B is? Safe damage racking from a distance! Fax can easier dodge too! Not to mention that using Down B once to reflect those fire balls can do about 80% to Metal Ridley!

Fair does alot damage too. Fox is better /discussion.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
not all boss's have projectiles. Basically i'd say fox = zard. Zard basically kicks the *** of all those characters with a short range, and will Do more damage than fox over a set period of time. one Rock smash does 45%, a blaster does 3% . But Fox destroys the characters who have a a Projectile THAT YOU CAN reflect. Not to mention that charizard's heavier than fox

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
not all boss's have projectiles. Basically i'd say fox = zard. Zard basically kicks the *** of all those characters with a short range, and will Do more damage than fox over a set period of time. one Rock smash does 45%, a blaster does 3% . But Fox destroys the characters who have a a Projectile THAT YOU CAN reflect. Not to mention that charizard's heavier than fox
It's easier dodging with Fox.

And his blaster does 3%? So? It;s still good.
Really, A Pokémon Trainer main should know how good weak fast moves are for damage racking! (Never used Ivysaur his Bullet Seed?)

And you are wrong, Fox is better against SHORT RANGED characters. The Reflector is not really what makes him strong, it is the laser that is so good here. Do you have any idea how easy it is to stand 999 miles away from the boss just spamming your laser? You'll see all his attacks coming from miles away! Dodging is to easy! And when he uses a short range move just keep using B! Only long range moves can hit you!

Mah, I think Fox is better. But it is only my opinion.... Zard is good too. Actually
I don't really care for Boss Battles. :-P

Top Bottom