• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Am I the only one truly disapointed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
My casual girlfriend has responded with a resounding negative response to your insinuations that casuals do not care how the game works.

beanwolf

Smash Apprentice
Do they really though? If a casual says they care or have an understanding, ask them what hitstun, hitlag, or DI are. If they don't know, then they don't really care. They care how the game feels and operates (to which an astounding percent of casuals I have met claim Melee feels better, even the most staunch haters of competitive play), sure, but what I mean here is the underlying systems that create competitive depth are things that casuals just do not care about.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
Can someone please close this thread? It's giving me and other competitive players a bad image. Just go play Melee or PM. Smash 4 is it's own game that will have it's own advanced techniques.

Nintymat

Smash Cadet
Can someone please close this thread? It's giving me and other competitive players a bad image. Just go play Melee or PM. Smash 4 is it's own game that will have it's own advanced techniques.
looooooooool

How do you know it will have it's own AT's? Sakurai tell you? He invite you around his house and you played 30 hours and discovered some sick hidden mechanic?

People are allowed to dislike Smash4 from what they've seen so far, dude. Not everyone has to rim it.

On topic, the important question really is, what are the odds that the game will be slightly tweaked before released? I'm talking about number changes to hit-stun/lag after moves/fall speed things like that.

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
On topic, the important question really is, what are the odds that the game will be slightly tweaked before released? I'm talking about number changes to hit-stun/lag after moves/fall speed things like that.
Well, I believe it was stated that there are several hundred people working on this game. A collaboration between Nintendo and Namco. I imagine a lot can be done in a short amount of time.

Nintymat

Smash Cadet
Well, I believe it was stated that there are several hundred people working on this game. A collaboration between Nintendo and Namco. I imagine a lot can be done in a short amount of time.
It's a nice thought, it's just hard to believe it when people were sure Brawl would be changed before release and it wasn't.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
looooooooool

How do you know it will have it's own AT's? Sakurai tell you? He invite you around his house and you played 30 hours and discovered some sick hidden mechanic?

People are allowed to dislike Smash4 from what they've seen so far, dude. Not everyone has to rim it.

Why the looool? We thought Brawl wouldn't have ATs but it has plenty. Just not Melee ATs.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, I think this thread should/needs to be closed.

Right now, there is simply no reason to judge this game after we have only watched a few matches. This is not the time to criticize it, as it is not the final version of the game. This was not meant to be Melee 2.0. This is the game Sakurai is making.

Stop complaining if you haven't played the game. A lot of the comments in here that I have seen come across as pretentious and childish. This thread is a disaster, and I advise to not make anymore of these types of threads. All they do is start flame wars and spread hate where none is really due yet.

Give this game a chance before you hate it. That is with anything in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom