• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

am i the only one that got it...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
so i was killing my cousin and friend and brother as ike, and the audience started cheering "we like ike, we like ike"... (this was probably my first time dominating as ike, so i never heard the audience cheer this before) and i laughed for a moment and said in a tone of recognition: "hey! i like ike!" with another chuckle at the end.

then my cousin interjected "no, it's actually 'we like ike'".

don't tell me i'm the only one who got the reference?

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Are you talking about Dwight Eisenhower? His slogan was we like Ike.
*looks up*

it IS both, actually, though i never heard "we like ike" until just recently... i actually had a big eisenhower project in elementary school and i made "i like ike" buttons and everything.

still, i know my cousin really was calling me out on the whole he thought i was repeating back the audience thing...

but a part of me just died when i read your post and looked at this image:

~Atomic Sushi~

Smash Rookie
so i was killing my cousin and friend and brother as ike, and the audience started cheering "we like ike, we like ike"... (this was probably my first time dominating as ike, so i never heard the audience cheer this before) and i laughed for a moment and said in a tone of recognition: "hey! i like ike!" with another chuckle at the end.

then my cousin interjected "no, it's actually 'we like ike'".

don't tell me i'm the only one who got the reference?
Are you asking if anyone else has heard the crowd say that?????b/c if so....I don't remember it:ohwell::confused:??

Daft

Smash Rookie
It could be because I'm taking US history right now, but I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom