• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I supposed to go camp out for this game?

Justice7541

Smash Apprentice
Just wondering... I've been working under the assumption that they're going to release a million copies of this game on launch day, but I've heard people saying crap about getting in line for a copy before they're all "sold out."

I heard there were shortages in Japan... what are we anticipating here in the West?

Justice7541

Smash Apprentice
Oh, hell, I'll just go preorder it.

Maybe in the meantime I'll go see if I can't find a store breaking street dates. Sunday = inconvenient time for a big game release with midterms and all coming up.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
According to people here, there are shortages expected. Gamestops getting in 150-200 games and have 200-300 preorders.

I'm going to Walmart at midnight but not really camping. Maybe get there 10 minutes early...

It's also hard to say exactly how well it's going to sell since people tend to exaggerate.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Scratch what I said before, I am camping.

The Sams Club here got the game, but none of the Walmarts even have it yet. So I am going to Sams and camping, since they only have 50 copies and apparently other people are camping as well.

It's also only going to be $43, rather than $50. So that's a nice bonus.

Justice7541

Smash Apprentice
I just went and preordered it from Gamestop, after standing in line for FIFTEEN minutes behind an old lady who was trying to return an opened game and scolding her son for opening the game or something.

Seriously, you'd think that when you reach that age, you wouldn't want to spend so much of your remaining time in a stuffy game store trying to save $9 on a video game.

6footninja

Smash Ace
Not sure, ima be there at 8 neway for the tournament. And Ive had mine reserved for months. Hopefully THATS enough to get my copy.

Conan

Smash Cadet
I am going on a school trip to new york on the 9th... I hope there will be a few copies for me to buy :(

as I

Biolizard28

Smash Cadet
I'm heading for my Gamecrazy tournament around 7 o'clock. I may be heavily under estimating gamers around here, but I think I can pick up a copy at the midnight launch, if not by winning.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Just wondering... I've been working under the assumption that they're going to release a million copies of this game on launch day, but I've heard people saying crap about getting in line for a copy before they're all "sold out."

I heard there were shortages in Japan... what are we anticipating here in the West?
Let me put it this way.
Some gamestores said their pre-orders won't all be fulfilled on the first day. There simply aren't enough copies for everyone.

Camp out or don't get Brawl.

Honestly, what kind of effort does it take to just put $5 down on a freaking game in advance?

Nowfist

Smash Apprentice
Where I live, there will be a maximum of atleast 0-2 people that will camp out. Meaning I get a copy by just going and wating from 8:30-10:00. Look, don't get worried, just go early and wait.

Kuroneko

Smash Apprentice
Just order it online on gamestop's site. Won't ship til monday, then you have to pay for shipping (oh no over night shipping/1day 10 dollars). It's a lot better than being disgraced waiting in line, be it camping or waiting in line to pick up your preorder in the store.

DoritoXI

Smash Cadet
Let me put it this way.
Some gamestores said their pre-orders won't all be fulfilled on the first day. There simply aren't enough copies for everyone.

Camp out or don't get Brawl.

Honestly, what kind of effort does it take to just put $5 down on a freaking game in advance?
If i preordered brawl before september, you're saying that if i don't camp, I won't get Brawl. I will be extremely pissed if that happens and i'll probably punch the guy at the store in the face and get arrested....

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
Jesus... and the delay was to make more copies...

I have a Target gift card... it's all I have. It's Target or bust. Saturday night, I'm going to bed early. I'm waking up as early as I can, and waiting infront of Target.

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to Gamestop a about 9:30, and then playing in the tournament at about 10, and then playing the game until Midnight when I pick it up, go home and play more!

It's kind of weird and seems like not many people are waiting in line or going to the gamestop tournament, I signed up for the tournament on...last Thursday, and Yesterday when I checked to see about the under 18 thing, there were less than 10 people on the list!

Top Bottom