• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Always be aware of your surroundings

M@v

Subarashii!
Link to original post: [drupal=2777]Always be aware of your surroundings[/drupal]

This was back on Independence Day '08, I was in my room doing (what else) smash brothers. I was on a website called ssbbplayers(since shut down). I look out my window, and I notice smoke coming out of my neighbors roof(My window looks directly at my neighbor's roof). I thought I was seeing things for a second, then realized the house was on fire. I tell my parents to call 911, and I was about to rush over to the house to bang on the door, but my mother didn't let me, and she went instead. Sure enough, within a couple minutes I see orange-yellow flames pop out of the roof. We got the resident out safe, as well as her car from the garage. The fire department got the fire out within 30-40 minutes. Thankfully, she wasn't hurt, and was insured. Although she had to move out of the house for a while, everything got payed for by insurance.

Later, we found out she was sleeping when the fire started. Things could of turned out a lot worse.

Just goes to show you to be aware of your surroundings; you never know what might happen.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
At a place where I used to work, a technician was on the computer and didn't notice when the trashcan next to the desk spontaneously caught fire. He kept working. It wasn't until flames were shooting up and another person walked into the room and shouted, "FIRE!" did he realize that there were flames burning next to him.

Moral of the story: Fires are sneaky.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
At a place where I used to work, a technician was on the computer and didn't notice when the trashcan next to the desk spontaneously caught fire. He kept working. It wasn't until flames were shooting up and another person walked into the room and shouted, "FIRE!" did he realize that there were flames burning next to him.

Moral of the story: People are dumb.
Fixe d.

M@v

Subarashii!

Moral of the story: Fires are sneaky.
He should of felt the heat at least X_X

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Hey I was on ssbbplayers. I miss that site, it may have been smaller than aib but that's what I liked about it. Best interface than any friend finder I've used to date.

And... yeah, definitely wanna Be Alert. I used to have a poster: "Be A Lert. The world needs more Lerts." lol and displayed was a graphic of a ... Lert, kinda weird lookin hobbit thing w/giant glasses.

This is why you should have smoke detectors in every room, even the attic. Though I wonder if the fire was 100% on the outside of the roof, or also inside... hm.

And that dude w/the trashcan on fire lol! He needs to take a vacation or something, cause that's just plum dumb.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Hey I was on ssbbplayers. I miss that site, it may have been smaller than aib but that's what I liked about it. Best interface than any friend finder I've used to date.
I miss the site too x_x It's been a year now since they closed hasn't it..

Anyway, wow, it could've been A LOT worse from what you're describing. What was the cause of the fire?

M@v

Subarashii!
Insulation in the roof. Something caused a spark and caught the insulation on fire.

Most of the damage in her home wasn't from the fire; it was from the fireman having to break her ceiling to get to the fire, and the subsequent water damage.

bry-I was just being attentive. Also, I was interviewed by the news. Eh. the media is nothing new to me; my father was the Chief of Police in Pittsburgh, and a few years earlier he was involved in a major incident which resulted in him and another officer getting shot(he's ok now.)

If I was going to do any public service, it would be police. Its in my blood.

Brado

Smash Lord
Link to original post: [drupal=2777]Always be aware of your surroundings[/drupal]

This was back on Independence Day '08, I was in my room doing smash brothers. I was on a website called ssbbplayers(since shut down). I look out my window, and I notice smoke coming out of my neighbors roof(My window looks directly at my neighbor's roof). I thought I was seeing things for a second, then realized the house was on fire. I tell my parents to call 911, and I was about to rush over to the house to bang on the door, but my mother didn't let me, and she went instead. Sure enough, within a couple minutes I see orange-yellow flames pop out of the roof. We got the resident out safe, as well as her car from the garage. The fire department got the fire out within 30-40 minutes. Thankfully, she wasn't hurt, and was insured. Although she had to move out of the house for a while, everything got payed for by insurance.

Later, we found out she was sleeping when the fire started. Things could of turned out a lot worse.

Just goes to show you to be aware of your surroundings; you never know what might happen.
Was I the only one to see the innuendo...

Top Bottom