• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alts not showing up in 1v1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
Lately, when I select a character and switch to an alt skin and wait for a match, the game ends up using the default skin when a match starts. Anyone else go through something like this? What do I do about it?

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
This happens like every other game for me. Don't really know what causes it to be honest, assuming it's a known bug at this point.

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
This has happened a couple times to me. I’m not sure how or why it happens, just that it does (other people are saying it happens very frequently to them). It will probably be fixed in a future patch.

Shieldlesscap

Smash Apprentice
I THINK it only happens when you queue up for background matchmaking without changing your character pick. The game remembers your character but not your alt, so you need to manually go into the CSS, pick your alt, and then hit start again.

Or just don't use Background Matchmaking idk.

abx

Smash Journeyman
I deconfirm. I've never used background matchmaking and still this bug has occured to me.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
I think it might have to do with "requeuing" too fast, declining a rematch and backing out to character select and starting right away.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed. This happened a couple times for me. At first I thought I simply forgot to put my alt on, but the other time I was more skeptical. I also want to believe some players I've faced had this bug too. I felt it's a bit strange to see online players using the original color (not saying no one absolutely uses original colors, but you'd think you can probably find more different alts in higher levels).

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Ever run into the glitch where your alt costume is randomly changed back to the default look before you start a match online? Had this happen to me 3 times in a row with Falco just now.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ever run into the glitch where your alt costume is randomly changed back to the default look before you start a match online? Had this happen to me 3 times in a row with Falco just now.

Yes, it's a common bug and it hasn't been fixed yet, so you'll just have to bear with it until Nintendo patches it.

ldxazamb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3609-1337-7155
This has happened to me many times a fix I have used is to manually go in and pick your character and name every time before starting background matchmaking even if it's already picked by default I switch characters and names then go back to my defaults. The equivalent of turning it off and on again lol

BuckTooth

Smash Rookie
I have, and it's particularly painful when you're a Wendy main like me. Other characters just get different clothing, but it's like I'm playing a whole other character when I mysteriously start the match as freaking Bowser Jr.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed. This happened a couple times for me. At first I thought I simply forgot to put my alt on, but the other time I was more skeptical. I also want to believe some players I've faced had this bug too. I felt it's a bit strange to see online players using the original color (not saying no one absolutely uses original colors, but you'd think you can probably find more different alts in higher levels).
I got used to the default when I kept having to re-choose my character in local smash mode every single game for several hours straight. Really hoping they fix that in a future patch, it's way too annoying having to repick every time.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
I have, and it's particularly painful when you're a Wendy main like me. Other characters just get different clothing, but it's like I'm playing a whole other character when I mysteriously start the match as freaking Bowser Jr.
It's really weird to me that Daisy, Chrom, Lucina, and Dark Samus are treated as separate echo fighters and appear as separate character selections, but Alph and Wendy are just treated as alternate skins. I mean Chrom and Lucina make sense to separate b/c Chrom does have a different up special and Lucina doesn't have the tipper mechanic, but Daisy and Dark Samus are 100% identical to Peach and Samus, respectively, in all but appearance, same as Alph and Wendy being 100% the same as Olimar and Bowser Jr. in all but appearance. Just weird to treat some as echo fighters while making others just alternate skins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom