• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternatives to D-Air?

ShockIce

Smash Rookie
Anytime I'm launched upward, the temptation to line myself up and D-Air usually takes over, though I know I usually end up getting caught and punished from the landing lag. Though even when I stop myself from using it, I can't seem to find a better alternative to landing safely or even just evading.

Any tips or go-to techniques on how to land after getting launched upwards?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If the opponent is just sitting there shielding, you can footstool off of him to try to get another landing point. Otherwise, you can maybe turn yourself in the proper direction with a needle cancel if needed and drift away from the opponent while doing a bair, since it has relatively low (12f) landing recovery and the best horizontal range of your aerial options.

ShockIce

Smash Rookie
I've been working with the bair more often than not, I'll probably just have to fine tune that if I want some kind of offensive landing then!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
If you ever find yourself in a terrible position above your enemy and don't want to get juggled use Bouncing fish toward the edge or away if you want to mind game. The move can cover a lot of space and if you spam 'B' to make the attack come out as soon as possible it doesn't have a lot of lag either.

Last edited:

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I hold one direction to seem like I'm aiming that way, then BF the other way spamming B to make the hitbox come out quicker, and also fully holding the new direction so I go full distance. Very effective juke. Gets me out of basically anything.

If I see or think they are catching on, I'll just wiggle more or BF the same direction I'm going.

I rarely, if ever, use dair in an attempt to land safely... because it almost never works out to be safe in the end.

Last edited:
Top Bottom