• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternative...

Swiss Falco

Smash Apprentice
Falco can't chainthrow. But maybe there's an alternative. By low % you get the opponent in the air and then, you chain him with FTilts and Dash Attacks (depends from the distanz) until he has enough % and then you can attack with shffld nairs and kill him. He can't tech, because he will never touch the ground, and DI doesn't really help him... It works good, you can test it. I think it's also a nice change to all those shinecombos, so it helps you in the mindgame. What do you think abaut this?

Swiss Falco

Smash Apprentice
1) I've too less status on this board, or do I understand wrong?
2) Why no? This was also my qustion...

Lixivium

Smash Champion
3) Your English is lacking.

4) Stop playing with computers. Try this against a human player and then get back to us.

DemonicShadows

Smash Apprentice
Falco can tech, IIRC...

If Falco's DI lacks, Air Tech (< and > continuously). Trust me, it works.

My Falco never has this problem, because I'm not a chainthrower anyway...I only average about 4 throws a match.

shffl'd pillar, ftw.

Swiss Falco

Smash Apprentice
3) Your English is lacking.

4) Stop playing with computers. Try this against a human player and then get back to us.
Sry, I'm really afraid of my English, I excuse me! But can you tell me, why it doesn't work to human player pls?

DemonicShadows

Smash Apprentice
Human players know more than a computer player, obviously.

Assuming you're up against a Falco ditto match, throwing wouldn't be a great idea anyway (especially if you're a spammer to the dthrow, trust me, it happened to me), since this throw is BY FAR the easiest to tech.

Work on short-hopped aerials at first, and then work on lcancelling.

CPUS usually don't DI.

Swiss Falco

Smash Apprentice
yeah, this is clear. But I speak from this strategy. DI won't help the opponent much by this strategy. So it doesn't matter, wether you play a CPU or a human player. And now I ask, why doesn't work this strategy?

(I hope I haven't understood you wrong)

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Swiss falco , tilts and dash attacks work fairlly well, and yes you can still connect several times even when they DI depending on which character they are., but you make it sound like it is a zero to death combo or something and it is not. Dair shine combos are usually more reliable and effective but the other moves are definitely effective as well when you use them correctly. As far as linking something with throws, if you quickly uthrow on certain characters you can jump up and hit them with an aerial . DI and other things can prevent this though. You can always do the dthrow against fox and then grab him a again. If you think he will DI away (for a dthrow you could try a bthrow to some attack since he will be close to you because he actually DIed towards you.

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
man, swiss falcon has horrible english... and that combo does not work because human players are smarter than computer players and know how to get out of it... (Most human players can get out of it, probably not you though)

Miharu

Smash Hero
All they have to do is smash DI away from you or just CC everything at lower percentages and dsmash/shine/grab you.

Uthrow to an aerial works on most characters, just not floaties (Peach, Samus, Jiggly, etc.)

DemonicShadows

Smash Apprentice
True, especially characters with great uairs (i.e Fox and Falco).

Since Falco's dthrow sends the opponent to the side and not straight up, you need to WD or DC forward, and uair then.

Top Bottom