• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

alternative method for boost grab

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I havn't been on here in a while.. Hows every one doing?

ANYWAYS, on topic:
I read this a looong time ago, but there was an easy way to boost pivot grab. To do it, all you do is:
1. run
2. Push shield and c-stick the opposite direction in almost the same time

If done correctly, you will see a flash of the shield, then boost pivot grab.

Now you may be asking yourself: "Why the f***s do i have to do this when I can do it the way I've been doing?"

When I started using this, I found an amazing discovery, especially for ness. Most of the time, when you try to boost pivot grab, you will run through the opponent, trying to read their spot dodge. Sometimes of course, your read back-fires on you, and they may just hit you instead of spot dodging, or shielding, etc.
Using this method, if and ONLY IF, the enemy hits your shield when you do it this way, instead of the boosted pivot grab, you do a sliding F-SMASH.

for a simple visual explanation:
d - you facing <-
b - you facing ->
E - enemy
arrow shows the way you are moving
going toward the enemy: __b->__E____
after the enemy hits shield:
____E_d->____
so basically, you Fsmash backwards, with the forward momentum from the boost pivot. So the movement its self wil be very similar to wave dashing, except obviously you can't do it as easily or consistently.

meaning if you're lucky, you can easily get a kill in with this method. It is of course very situational, and almost impossible to do purposely, but if you learn to boost pivot using this method, it will occur in battle once or twice at least. I personally only done it once purposely, but quite a few times, it has happened accidentally. Try it out and enjoy x]. I will post a video soon as I have access to a wii.
btw, sorry if this technique has been posted already somewhere :p
-Kennypu

EDIT:
added explanation and fixed most of the grammar errors. lol

Top Bottom