• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate Colors (or whatever)=???

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Okay first off, this is a great day for smash=the day Olimar is confirmed. I think he's a very original character, and he looks very fun! :)

Secondly, what will be his altnerate colors, and what will they look like=??? Most importantly, how will this effect the Pikmin (asusming there are two or more Pikmin and Captain Olimars in the same game)=???

Speculation. o_O Seriously though, this could have some "intersting" possibilities. The Pikmin could get certain patterns, signs, looks, leaf color changes, etc. Or even nothing at all. I have no idea on this matter, but it seems intresting. And since Brawl is a true spectator's sport, I think this seems like a intresting topic.

So I'm going to say Olimar WILL change armor colors (dur), and the Pikmin probably won't. But I wouldn't be surprised if they changed leaf color with each diffrent "alternate color" So ya, that's my two cents on this matter...for now. What's yours (because I want to know some of your thoughts and opinions)=??? :)

Grod

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and agree with you; your opinion seems logical. Though, this doesn't seem that important of topic right now.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ Remember Overall Wario. Altnerate costumes are deconfirmed, but "looks" (like Dixie Kong minus the poneytail, and a Sigurd-like Ike) are still possible. Maybe you could change the face under the mask and the outfit color, but that doesn't seem very likely.

I'm really wondering about the Pikmin, though. Leaf color changes (by your alternate color) would keep everyone on the same page, but what if you could take another Captain Olimar's Pikmin (not gonna happen; that was a joke)=??? :laugh: Seriously though, they should do something about the Pikmin with color changes, but I don't think it's likely. Here's to hoping for leaf color changes! :)

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Sorry for double post but it's a good one :)

I made some alt costumes for Olimar but sadly... The Pikmen were pissing me off so I couldn't do Alt costumes for them :\

Here they are anyways :D

Johnknight, mind adding these to the first post until we get something better? Also, feel free to edit my current pics above to color the Pikmen :)

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
Why don't you change the antena's clor? Like, blue costume = blue, red = red, etc.

Altnerate costumes are deconfirmed
No, they aren't. Let's wait before we can set that to stone.

Yes I know about the "Wario alone is special" thing.

And deconfirmed isn't a word.

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm not sure that the Pikmin themselves are going to change unless the either give the Pikmin 6 shades of their existing colors or give them the Pikachu treatment by giving them accessories (which I doubt). But, depending on how the Pikmin follow Olimar, it could get really confusing especially with 4 Olimars (with a Maximum of no fewer than 20). Maybe it will just add to the confusion and fun. Then again if they just followed close behind there'd be almost no problem.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm not sure that the Pikmin themselves are going to change unless the either give the Pikmin 6 shades of their existing colors or give them the Pikachu treatment by giving them accessories (which I doubt). But, depending on how the Pikmin follow Olimar, it could get really confusing especially with 4 Olimars (with a Maximum of no fewer than 20). Maybe it will just add to the confusion and fun. Then again if they just followed close behind there'd be almost no problem.
I think they will change. Why? Because what if your playing an Olimar ditto and you dysinc your pikmin. How will you know the difference?

IllidR

Smash Champion
Nice color changes BHLMRO! I like your choice of colors, not too drastic but gets the point across.

Also, I am very jealous that you are able to change your avatar to the newer Olimar. > . >

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Nice color changes BHLMRO! I like your choice of colors, not too drastic but gets the point across.
Just about 5 minutes in photoshop and it worked out. I'm hoping to get a dark suit soon.

Also, I am very jealous that you are able to change your avatar to the newer Olimar. > . >
Buy a month of premium. It's really worth it :p

BHLMRO: I think you should change the color of the little light on his head for the other costumes.
When I was editing these picture's I didn't even pay attention to the light. I'll probably edit them later today.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Just about 5 minutes in photoshop and it worked out. I'm hoping to get a dark suit soon.

Buy a month of premium. It's really worth it :p
It definitely is, but I'll probably wait until I actually start going to tournaments to go premium. Until then I'm stuck with the outdated Olimar.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
His blue costume should change his hair to yellow and his antenna and gloves should be blue.

The blue costume could easily be a Louie-like costume. Like how Mario and Wario have each others colors.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^^ That'd be fine, but I just dunno, I was never really a fan of Louie, and in Pikmin 2, never used him if I didnt have to, but people like him too, so I suppose this would work.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I made this thread before your's. Oh jeez. Read the threads before making new ones. Now we have like 10 of them involving Olimar's colors you shoobies. But mine was official since two days ago when he was confirmed.

courte

Smash Lord
each character has at least six colors tatsuman--that said i expect to see some new additions to the yoshi herd... blawck and while and white and boshi additions that is

Top Bottom