• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All you captain falcon mains, can you tell me if i should stay a CF? (video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neji32

Smash Lord
...............I'm looking for captain falcons. I want to know if im a good captain falcon or if i suck. So why are jigg mainers and wolf mainers coming to a thread that ask for CF mainers!?!?!?!?!?

Thats like me calling for a black person meeting asking
"How did we ___ and then go for the ___"
and you (a white person) comes and says
"I dont understand the purpose of this, what are yo asking"
"This is dumb"

EDIT- the tyser is just trolling for spam and a higher post count so i will ignore him

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
I want to know if im a good captain falcon or if i suck.
Well, you aren't the best but not the worst either. You really spammed the Captain's smashes and the Punch. Instead of that try using some faster moves like grab, dash attack or side b. Also can you combo out of those. Basic combo: grab> dthrow > dash attack > utilt.

On 0:37-0:38 you already had dodged his attack but dodge again, why? You did this several times in the video.

if your willing to practice for hours then stay wth him if not then stop playing him
QFT

If you keep practicing you will become better. It's much more challenging than just picking MK and starting to own after one or two days of practice.

This is what a really good Falcon looks like: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XoADaj20soI

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, to be honest, you're not a very good Falcon. To also be honest, that was a pretty terrible Marth, too. If you practice you could be great, but honestly the issue kind of looks like the people you play with aren't very good (unless the Marth is REALLY good).

Too many dash/smash attacks and random spotdodges.

In any case, if you like playing as Falcon, by all means, DO IT.

phirekid718

Smash Rookie
I think you should start using ganondorf for a while. Since he is so much slower but has the same moves, you might start pacing your attacks and dogdes more. Then go back to falcon and you could see the difference in your playing. With a both of these characters you can get owned really quick if you do moves like crazy which you did some of the time. Just my opinion....

Medic

Smash Cadet
Well, you leave a lot of openings in your style, and you seem to depend on the knee a bit much, as well as your falcon punch.
I don't think you quite have the Captain's rhythm down yet, but I would encourage you to keep with it if you want to be a CF main.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Well, you aren't the best but not the worst either. You really spammed the Captain's smashes and the Punch. Instead of that try using some faster moves like grab, dash attack or side b. Also can you combo out of those. Basic combo: grab> dthrow > dash attack > utilt.

On 0:37-0:38 you already had dodged his attack but dodge again, why? You did this several times in the video.

QFT

If you keep practicing you will become better. It's much more challenging than just picking MK and starting to own after one or two days of practice.

This is what a really good Falcon looks like: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XoADaj20soI
Yup pretty much all of this. Too many people come in here with a video of Falcon getting too many smashes/punches/knees and ask if they're good. If you are landing a lot of these, your opponent is playing poorly to get hit so much and you are using the wrong moves.

fox ftw

Smash Rookie
You are terrible at captain falcon. That marth was an uber noob. u should be like meta or snake someone easy cuz ur too st00pid to play as any1 else. that is nuff said.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Falcon's faster attacks are vital since he has so few of them. Try to take advantage of those by using 40% sheilds, rolls, dodges; 40% fast attacks and 20% powerful attacks since they are difficult to land.

Amide

Smash Lord
Don't listen to people telling you you're stupid, but really, it's your decision, I dont think you want to be the millionth meta knight, do you? I'd stick with him if I were you, but you make the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom