• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U All-Star on Hard with all characters.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
They probably realized how ridiculously frustrating and tedious this challenge is, even when attempting it with two players. At least clearing Classic at 9.0 intensity without losing a life only has to be done once. This one requires at least 48 runs if you're playing alone, which is tedious enough, but add in the annoying stages and CPUs with superhuman reflexes and you've got the most infuriating, tiresome load of bullcrap ever. I never want to touch All-Star mode again after completing this challenge.

I mean, it's not that the difficulty of this mode reaches near-impossible levels or anything. I just feel like there's too much luck involving stage selection and AI. You never know exactly what to expect with three CPUs rushing at you from different angles.
Agreed. I did the All Star on Hard with 8 Characters challenge very early on, but after the Duck Hunt challenge, I really, REALLY do not want to do this challenge. I will break controllers over it. There are some characters that needed several tries on EASY to beat All-Star, because of all the random bull****. Just getting the trophies for everyone will be annoying enough.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
I've completed all star mode with all character, I even get the milestone but sadly no challenge. Which, by the way, still state "Complete All Star Mode with all character" without any hard requirement...

This challenge will really be the hardest in the game, I mean, how the hell you complete on hard with Wii Fit Trainer, ROB or Olimar?

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
I've completed all star mode with all character, I even get the milestone but sadly no challenge. Which, by the way, still state "Complete All Star Mode with all character" without any hard requirement...

This challenge will really be the hardest in the game, I mean, how the hell you complete on hard with Wii Fit Trainer, ROB or Olimar?
I beat it with ROB fairly easily actually. Just rack up damage with the laser and finish with the up-smash

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
My god, just finished it with my 11th character. Why the hell is Luigi so light?!

One Tilt

Smash Apprentice
My god, just finished it with my 11th character. Why the hell is Luigi so light?!
He's actually pretty middle-of-the-road. He's a touch lighter than the likes of Falcon, but that's still heavier than ZSS, Sheik, Marth, Rosalina, Pit, Ness, etc.. That aside, he's mostly the way he is because of his combo game, which is only much rivaled by Shiek. I mean, hell, he has chain throws. Plural. Granted, they're character-dependent and all, but his auto-comboing downthrow along with one of the game's better projectiles and even some solid KO moves (F/Usmashes, Up B, Down B, Bthrow, Nair) on top of some nice gimping tools... and you've got a character who's very solid... at 1v1s. Luigi's far more difficult to get much done with against multiple foes, though, as you really can't get off throw combos, yet Luigi lacks the movespeed to really do the rushdown game without poking and prodding for openings with fireballs and whatnot.

Still, I've found myself racking up damage faster with Luigi than just about any other character, which is pretty nice on someone who has more KO moves than bouncing fish, Uair, and Usmash. The key I've found to using him is to use his tilts as infrequently as possible unless it's part of a string-- that's all they're particularly good at. Boxing shields with jabs to sneak in a grab seems like it'll always be his best melee option, while everything else boils down to aerials, fireballs, and cyclones, with the occasional smash on a read or such. I imagine using a lot of cyclones and focusing in on his air game might help with all star, but I've really not had much luck in free for all formats with Luigi, heavily as he relies upon that downthrow game... Shield boxing is particularly iffy against AIs, though, so I'm not sure how much help any of that might be.

I recently completed the DHD challenge (as a result, I'm actually pretty decent at DHD now... which is pretty funny), as well as Falcon's 'normal without healing', and the latter was one of the easiest I've done yet-- Falcon's so solid in this game. That, and AIs don't seem to understand his Fsmash, so you can just elbow all day on flatter stages, while his BnB Uair strings make the CPU's laughably bad platform management all the easier to take advantage of.

In fact, that just occurred to me to mention: at every level, AIs are extremely susceptable to camping their platform fall-throughs. As DHD, I got plenty of free KOs just camping under the platform of an elsewise potentially problematic stage like Mario Kart or the like, while it had me clearing the likes of Battlefield-style stages without damage at all once or twice. Usmash, tilt, and air all worked wonderfully for both damage and KOs quite safely. Definitely recommend that everyone struggling make it their first priority to abuse platforms whenever possible... or at least their second or third, given how important the whole 'safe damage' and 'easy KO' bits are on the flatter areas.

I think we might be able to reduce characters to their best All Star tools, actually... As an example:

DHD
-Damage: Side B, Fsmash, Usmash
-KO: Fsmash, Usmash, Uair, Neutral B, Nair
-Platform Camp: Usmash, Uair, (Neutral B unsafe)

Maybe listing out their tools in order of usefulness? DHD's side B is, on its own, nearly enough to get all the damage you'll ever need, while Fsmash will handle most of your KOs and Usmash works for most of the platform punishing you'll be doing. Not any perfect example, of course, just what worked for me-- making up a little guide like that might prove helpful to people, nonetheless, though.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
He's actually pretty middle-of-the-road. He's a touch lighter than the likes of Falcon, but that's still heavier than ZSS, Sheik, Marth, Rosalina, Pit, Ness, etc.. That aside, he's mostly the way he is because of his combo game, which is only much rivaled by Shiek. I mean, hell, he has chain throws. Plural. Granted, they're character-dependent and all, but his auto-comboing downthrow along with one of the game's better projectiles and even some solid KO moves (F/Usmashes, Up B, Down B, Bthrow, Nair) on top of some nice gimping tools... and you've got a character who's very solid... at 1v1s. Luigi's far more difficult to get much done with against multiple foes, though, as you really can't get off throw combos, yet Luigi lacks the movespeed to really do the rushdown game without poking and prodding for openings with fireballs and whatnot.

Still, I've found myself racking up damage faster with Luigi than just about any other character, which is pretty nice on someone who has more KO moves than bouncing fish, Uair, and Usmash. The key I've found to using him is to use his tilts as infrequently as possible unless it's part of a string-- that's all they're particularly good at. Boxing shields with jabs to sneak in a grab seems like it'll always be his best melee option, while everything else boils down to aerials, fireballs, and cyclones, with the occasional smash on a read or such. I imagine using a lot of cyclones and focusing in on his air game might help with all star, but I've really not had much luck in free for all formats with Luigi, heavily as he relies upon that downthrow game... Shield boxing is particularly iffy against AIs, though, so I'm not sure how much help any of that might be.

I recently completed the DHD challenge (as a result, I'm actually pretty decent at DHD now... which is pretty funny), as well as Falcon's 'normal without healing', and the latter was one of the easiest I've done yet-- Falcon's so solid in this game. That, and AIs don't seem to understand his Fsmash, so you can just elbow all day on flatter stages, while his BnB Uair strings make the CPU's laughably bad platform management all the easier to take advantage of.

In fact, that just occurred to me to mention: at every level, AIs are extremely susceptable to camping their platform fall-throughs. As DHD, I got plenty of free KOs just camping under the platform of an elsewise potentially problematic stage like Mario Kart or the like, while it had me clearing the likes of Battlefield-style stages without damage at all once or twice. Usmash, tilt, and air all worked wonderfully for both damage and KOs quite safely. Definitely recommend that everyone struggling make it their first priority to abuse platforms whenever possible... or at least their second or third, given how important the whole 'safe damage' and 'easy KO' bits are on the flatter areas.

I think we might be able to reduce characters to their best All Star tools, actually... As an example:

DHD
-Damage: Side B, Fsmash, Usmash
-KO: Fsmash, Usmash, Uair, Neutral B, Nair
-Platform Camp: Usmash, Uair, (Neutral B unsafe)

Maybe listing out their tools in order of usefulness? DHD's side B is, on its own, nearly enough to get all the damage you'll ever need, while Fsmash will handle most of your KOs and Usmash works for most of the platform punishing you'll be doing. Not any perfect example, of course, just what worked for me-- making up a little guide like that might prove helpful to people, nonetheless, though.
This is actually very helpful, because as luck would have it the person i'll be entering team tournaments with is a luigi player. This all star on hard with all character challenge is the only one i have yet to complete. working on diddy right now, which is actually pretty easy, but i figured it would be.

xpRo

Smash Cadet
Anyone have tips for doing it with Olimar? I've completed True All Star on hard with 41 characters by now (plus all three Mii's, just for fun) and none of them are remotely as hard as Olimar. (Villager is pretty close).

I'm pretty sure that the same indirect special rule applies to your character too--projectile attacks are very ineffective for KOing in All Star, although they still do increased damage. So I've been having a hard time securing the kills, none of my moves will finish anyone till they hit almost 200%.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
This is also my last challenge to complete, as I refuse to use a single hammer, which is a tradition I carry over from Brawl. Potential spoilers may follow below if you are unaware of some of the game's other 139 challenges....

So far I am halfway through this challenge, and strangely it is insanely easy for some characters, while a formidable task for others. As a general rule, exploit the AI's inability to properly deal with platforms as mentioned previously. Also if you are just starting toward this challenge, or the easier 8-character sub-variant challenge, start out using characters who either have very good forward smashes or have effective "stall and fall" moves. Using that in combination with platforms will make it a breeze. Here are some examples of the easier characters for this mode IMO:

Ike: You might as well start with him to clear his own challenge anyway. Lure CPUs to the sides, roll behind them, then forward smash them for KOs. While this may not be quite as effective as it was in Brawl, it still works. You can also use other smashes as you lure them through platforms as well. The moving platforms on the Animal Crossing stage are especially useful for Ike, if you are fortunate enough to get this stage selected for round two. Stages with walk offs are also Ike's friends.

Kirby: Float up high above any elevated platform, wait for CPUs to jump upward through the platform, then nail them with Down+B. Rinse and repeat. I can beat Normal difficulty without healing this way, so if you can do that, Hard mode with healing is cake.

Dedede: Substitute Kirby's method with Up+B. I scored over 2.9 million points just doing that.

Zero Suit Samus: Kirby's method is still effective with her, but she already has a lot of great moves like flip kick and forward smash which make her one of the easier ones to beat All-Star on Hard difficulty. She can even lure enemies to the sides of stages with walk offs, then grapple them behind her for KOs, though it is riskier than her other easier moves.

Mr. G&W: The key is key. Follow up with smashes if needed.

Yoshi: Again, pretend he's Kirby. His Down+B is slightly less effective for purposes of spamming in this mode, but you can clear this using that move almost exclusively if timed right.

Shulk: He is Brawl's Ike IMO. The only reason he wasn't one of my initial 8 toward this challenge is because he already has a timed challenge in this mode, and Easy mode just made sense for that. So I will digress his section to address that. As a side note for that challenge, you can certainly divide six minutes by the seven rounds to get an average mathematically for your target time per round, but I think about the numbers in a slightly different way so that I can very easily keep track of my progress mentally from round to round. (This also applies for Jigglypuff):

Basically when you get your last KO in a given round, keep track of just the seconds portion of your remaining timer quickly before it goes away (assuming you beat the round in under a minute.) Ignore the hundredths of a second for now. So if the clock says 4:10:32, remember 10 seconds toward your "bank." If you took longer than a minute, say with 3:54:28 left, then you have a 6 second deficit in that bank. Whatever total you have in that bank after six rounds is how much time you have left to beat the final round with, plus maybe some additional seconds as leeway depending on the hundredths that accumulated which you were not keeping track of. Make it a goal to have something pretty close to a minute in this bank going into the final round.

Mii Fighters: I have no idea if they are required for the "all characters" challenge, but it definitely counts as one toward the 8-character challenge, and they're the only characters you can use custom moves with in All-Star. (Why not For Glory mode, Nintendo, even if it means forcing a generic face?!) Anyway I personally think the Mii fighters have the most potential in the entire game, so it naturally carries here in All-Star mode. For me, I charged the sword fighter's default forward+B as often as possible. It is amazingly powerful and can KO in just one or two uses, depending on stage and timing. Just watch out if you are on a smaller stage, or else you'll easily plummet to your doom! Only use it from extreme edges to minimize the chance of this happening in the rare event that CPUs all decide to dodge it (as opposed to shielding.)

Bowser: A combination of Kirby's and Ike's methods work. Combine that with his higher defense already, and he may very well be the easiest to use here.

Ganondorf: Forward-tilt and forward smash are very effective, as is up smash under a platform. Even his slow up-tilt can situationally be effective on projectile-less groups that are slowly coming your way. Just don't get ganged up on since your recovery isn't so great.

I am sure there were other characters I am forgetting at the moment which were easy for me. That is my mini-guide for now, which should make it easy enough to at least tackle the 8-character challenge and possibly other All-Star challenges. I hope to complete this final challenge before this month is over....

As one final tip, take full advantage of stages which transform. I especially like hiding between a giant knife and the edge of the stage if I am fortunate enough to start out with that. The CPUs are forced to come to you from above, so you can easily charge up smashes with most characters for easy damage and possibly KOs. Likewise on Olimar's stage, I will purposely avoid breaking any sticks, camp beside those, and charge up smashes there as well, since they have to jump over it to get to me. The only stage I cannot stand is the Gamer stage, as I can rarely tell when I am in a "safe zone" while I am in the air. It is also extremely dangerous to camp and charge any laggy move. Other than that bogus stage, I can usually find at least some element of a stage to my advantage somehow. It's too bad I never get 75m here....

One Tilt

Smash Apprentice
Anyone have tips for doing it with Olimar? I've completed True All Star on hard with 41 characters by now (plus all three Mii's, just for fun) and none of them are remotely as hard as Olimar. (Villager is pretty close).

I'm pretty sure that the same indirect special rule applies to your character too--projectile attacks are very ineffective for KOing in All Star, although they still do increased damage. So I've been having a hard time securing the kills, none of my moves will finish anyone till they hit almost 200%.
I've been trying a bit of Olimar lately, and I have a few notes on him, albeit I've not myself bothered (I actually get bothered by unused hammers, so I spent one the second I saw this challenge). His side B functions like a bit worse of a DHD side B in the all star context, but it's a lot safer with its minimal lag, and the idea is just to get 80-120% damage quickly. Olimar's Fair is a great poke, while his Nair is usable if you've thrown all your pikmin and functions almost like Mario's dair. The side tilt and possibly up tilt seem like your best KO moves if side smash really can't do the job, as it's now a melee attack that hits with some reasonable power-- just keep in mind that you need quite a bit of damage, first. While it uses a pikmin still, Olimar's Fair might be considered 'melee', but it's a solid poke regardless for swatting people out of the air-- like a Shiek Fair. What they lack in KO potential, it sounds like the smashes still have some good damage to them, so take advantage of that by using their excellent range to smash-spam if they get caught on platforms or you get a nice flat stage for them to slow-approach on. As always, consider grabs to be 'too risky', as you're apt to just get hit out of it unless you're against the last character in a round.

If you know that you can't take them out until 200%, and if there's no way to gimp them or cheese some extreme damage based on the stage, play patient and defensive-- AIs are pretty dreadful at handling the far safer rolling of this game, which makes it easier to keep from getting 'pinned down' too much. Their edgeguarding can get tricky in some cases, but you can get a lot of free damage if you're willing to play a bit risky with ledges-- the trick is to get them all at the edge, then ledge attack so you get back to the stage before hopping off, to renew your ledge invincibility. If it can get me two minutes without damage in cruel melee, it should help with non-hazard stages a bit-- hell, the ledge attack may even KO, considering. Your priorities, in any case, will be based on whoever has the most 'KO' projectiles, followed by the most spammable projectiles, followed by the most power... So Samus is a priority over Link, who has priority over Ganon, who has priority over, say, Jigglypuff. Not that small, quick characters aren't a nuisance, but it's a loose rule of thumb-- Jiggly will rack up a lot of damage, but it doesn't matter if you're at 200% if your foes aren't even hitting you off the stage with an f-smash... meanwhile, a solid Aura Sphere might KO you at freaking 80%...

I still intend to get the '8 characters' challenge normally, as I'd much rather hammer more smash tour nonsense or a few of the more arbitrary classic challenges (I can't stand the new bosses), so I've still been playing it a fair bit. My losses mostly stem from my being dreadful at hazard stages and playing with items on and playing in free for alls and playing with a single stock... I play smash for smash mechanics, not for mario party's... :/

Jonarobin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PowerMiner
@ One Tilt One Tilt Don't waste your hammers on smash tour if you want them for classic 9.0 challenges :p there's at least 3 of those I believe. Just use 4 controllers and you should get most of the achievements in no time. Myself, I'm going to complete all of the challenges with no hammers and 100% the game all hard-core like :p

On topic, I've been working on this challenge on and off. In a way I'm having an easier time with the true all-star than original all star for some reason...
Weird...

Also, why does everyone hate smash tour so much? I think it's a decent mode. Is it just the disappointment of it being the only new mode besides Special Orders, or...?

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
Alright, here are the characters that you must kill ASAP each round:

Round 1: This really doesnt matter, if you rack up damage to more than 50% just restart.
Round 2: Olimar and Villager, they can OHKO easily since they are the latest to appear here and they come together, watch out specially for Villager though. Also have caution with Lucario, you do NOT want aura spheres at his high percentages,.
Round 3: Kill Sheik, her reduced knockback helps her get you comboed and the other enemies will wombo combo while you struggle as well, watch out for Ness too since his PK Flash could hit you while you are distracted killing Diddy (He is really annoying).
Round 4: DDD with his gordos kill early
Round 5:Megaman, this guy Forward smash is your nightmare. try to stay near so he doesnt go for it and then kill.
Round 6: SAMUS. Zelda to a lesser extent, watch out for DHD since his can kills earlier than it appears to be.
Round 7: Pacman with the key ruins lifes, try to take him out quickly, watch out for Little Mac too, SPECIALLY on Luigi's mansion, as he can get stuck in the roof btween 1F and 2F and rack up his KO Meter, this also ruins lifes.

^Smash tour SUCKS, it's too slow and one of it's challenges is incredibly luck based.

Last edited:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I almost forgot one other extremely easy character to use.

Villager: Just spam down+B fairly close to the edge of a stage. It is hilarious how easily you can take out multiple CPUs with a fallen tree. Chop once, wait for the CPUs to come to you, then finish them with the second chop. Each CPU will generally be defeated with one or two tree hits.

As a side note, the Smash Tour "challenges" were among my first ones beaten. Maybe I was just lucky to bump into a Metroid in my second Smash Tour, and that was when I was playing against three CPUs. Only the boss battle took time, since they never showed up in my first two or three runs. It wasn't until then that I remembered the connection to my Quadruple Winnings trick in Mario Party and have played Smash Tour solo with four Gamecube controllers ever since.

To beat a boss battle in the cheapest possible way, just make sure that two of your human players attack the boss at least once. Suicide the others or let the boss kill them. As long as your last fighter standing is one of the two who attacked the boss, you win. Cheap, but effective.

One Tilt

Smash Apprentice
@ One Tilt One Tilt Don't waste your hammers on smash tour if you want them for classic 9.0 challenges :p there's at least 3 of those I believe. Just use 4 controllers and you should get most of the achievements in no time. Myself, I'm going to complete all of the challenges with no hammers and 100% the game all hard-core like :p

On topic, I've been working on this challenge on and off. In a way I'm having an easier time with the true all-star than original all star for some reason...
Weird...

Also, why does everyone hate smash tour so much? I think it's a decent mode. Is it just the disappointment of it being the only new mode besides Special Orders, or...?
Honestly, it's a bunch of little things that keep it from capturing what appeals to me about old Mario Parties, despite it capturing all the old frustrations of it. No online multiplayer, few turns, no meaningful progress for doing consistently well, as a single event reduces it to RNG, there's no real strategy for item collection, and the board itself makes so little impact on its own. I enjoy fortune street or mario party, but the mix this mode has just doesn't do it for me. It's random without using that to make hilarious moments, there's minimal agency beyond win/lose a fight, and I'll never be able to play it anything but solo... all of which rather have it boring me.

I don't mind some of the 9.0 challenges, but I'm apt to hammer one or two simply because I loathe bosses that you cannot practice against to properly learn the patterns to, and then take advantage of said patterns... I actually liked several of SSE's bosses for their solid patterns with clear solutions, but multi-form bosses with myriad attacks apiece just rather ruins the sense of accomplishment... it's not a matter of 'I learned to evade every move's pattern and whittled them down', it's more 'welp, managed to kill them before they used anything tricky', or 'oh, that was convenient', or 'yolo vampirecrits' or some such nonsense... I just really have a distaste for the game's design focusing on the equipment methods of cheesing through problems. I've played more than enough pokemon to learn a deep-seated loathing for RNG, I suppose, rather explains all of that.

mysticlink

Smash Cadet
NNID
Karnian
3DS FC
4141-4094-8121
I just finish all-star on hard mode with all character...the challenge wasn't unlocked.
Does anybody have a clue?

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
^Check if you did finish it with every character via trohpies you have, maybe you just see the score being on hard but that doesnt mean its completed

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I just finish all-star on hard mode with all character...the challenge wasn't unlocked.
Does anybody have a clue?
I will assume you've already beaten All-Star with all characters on lower difficulty levels first, which means you already have all the characters' trophies. In that case, check to see if any of your characters have high scores under 2 million points. Most likely you had played with a character on Hard difficulty, died in a late stage, and your partial success was higher than your previous high score on an easier difficulty. Then later you may have turned the game off and forgotten which character you last used. Unfortunately this version of Smash shows which difficulty level your highest score was on, rather than separating your high score and highest difficulty levels defeated, as previous versions did.

TL;DR version: Sub-2 million scores were likely incomplete games.

One Tilt

Smash Apprentice
I will assume you've already beaten All-Star with all characters on lower difficulty levels first, which means you already have all the characters' trophies. In that case, check to see if any of your characters have high scores under 2 million points. Most likely you had played with a character on Hard difficulty, died in a late stage, and your partial success was higher than your previous high score on an easier difficulty. Then later you may have turned the game off and forgotten which character you last used. Unfortunately this version of Smash shows which difficulty level your highest score was on, rather than separating your high score and highest difficulty levels defeated, as previous versions did.

TL;DR version: Sub-2 million scores were likely incomplete games.
Also, counting your trophies can help a bit-- if you have one trophy despite knowing you beat all star with a character before the hard mode challenge, you can then tell that your hard mode run wasn't a win. Barring that, going with your lowest scoring characters and working your way up can certainly help. But before any of that, make sure you've gotten outliers like Miis out of the way, as I believe that count towards the total (though I think you may only need clear it with a single Mii?). Hope something of that helps.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I wanted to beat this challenge "legitimately" most notably because there's much less crappy unfair randomness than in Classis mode *cough* bettle *cough* but I finally hammered this challenge. I was working on Wii Fit Trainer and I finally went to the final battle but got sent away by Mr. Game & Watch's side B which game him a 9 :mad: this made I couldn't resist to the hammer appeal anymore.

I hope I didn't unlock everyone before trying this challenge. Not only I would have to deal with eight less characters, but I'd also remove a lot of unfair randomness coming from G&W's side B. This is my most hated move in the game by a huge margin. Even though it's frustrating to a degree I can deal with Dr. Mario reflecting my Sun Salutation with superhuman reaction speed but being killed by G&W's 9 feels just insulting. At least I legitimately completed the all-star hard with eight characters challenge.

I wonder how hard will all-star mode be in SSB5 if we're still forced to beat every single character or if they don't have a huge handicap ahah

xpRo

Smash Cadet
Finally beat it with Olimar, although it took 4.5 hours and 26 tries. Up tilt and nair turned out to be the keys, they don't kill till like 200 but that's better than his other moves. U-smash and f-smash are alright for killing but not until like 175, plus they're hard to land. F-tilt is the best kill move but very difficult to hit with at the later stages.

I found the best strategy is to avoid using any healing items until after stage 3, then use a heart. Since the stages only get more difficult, holding the damage earlier is better than having it later. It also helps to get the risky parts over with as soon as possible for faster attempts. Just watch out for villager and olimar at the end of stage 2. Ness can also ruin your day with his yoyo at the end of stage 3.

So here's my list of characters/moves to watch out for in All-star:

Round 1:
-Robin's thunder and arcfire won't kill you since you're at such low percent, but they do way more damage than you can afford.
-Same with WFT's Sum Salutation
-Luma's attacks hit with normal knockback and damage--very dangerous

Round 2:
-Lucario is ultra dangerous with his Aura sphere and powering up after taking a lot of damage.
-Mechakoopa can kill
-Almost all of Olimar's moves hit with normal damage and knockback, one of the most dangerous of all
-Watch out for Villager's f- and u-smash, and if he gets the tree up, stay clear

Round 3:
-Shiek's bomb can kill. It's rare to be hit, just don't lose track of it.
-Charizard's Flare Blitz kills. The fire does a lot of damage
-Pikachu's Thunder is mildly dangerous
-Ness's yo-yo is lethal

Round 4:
-Gamer stage can really take you out, be careful there
-Wario's bike can get you at very high percents
-Dedede's Gordo is probably the second most dangerous thing in the whole run

Round 5:
Very little is actually dangerous here, just watch out for Megaman's f-smash and sticky bomb. Be super careful on Port Town Aero Dive.

Round 6:
-Charge shot
-Din's fire
-Rob laser
-DHD can
Any of the above four things can kill you. Highly recommend to be at 0% starting this fight. Watch out for Norfair stage, lots of lethal hazards

Round 7:
Mostly just Pacman key and occasionally other fruit if your % is really high. The real challenge is you might not have any more healing after round 6 and enter this round with 150+ percent.

Last edited:

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
I've been attempting to complete All Star Mode on Hard with everybody. At times, I do get good results. So far, Luigi has been making it extremely difficult for me to get through each round. His light weight has thrown me off at times.

I managed do this well with Jigglypuff and Duck Hunt. So if I'm able to do Hard mode with these guys, I can do it with all the characters.

Do all 3 Mii have to count as well? Or just one of them?

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I've been attempting to complete All Star Mode on Hard with everybody. At times, I do get good results. So far, Luigi has been making it extremely difficult for me to get through each round. His light weight has thrown me off at times.

I managed do this well with Jigglypuff and Duck Hunt. So if I'm able to do Hard mode with these guys, I can do it with all the characters.

Do all 3 Mii have to count as well? Or just one of them?
"With all characters" challenges doesn't require to use Miis at all. You can complete them using only the main cast composed of 48 characters. At least for the 10-Man Smash under 25 seconds and Classic at 7.0, maybe it's different for the All-Star Hard but I see no reason why it'd be different.

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
I would like to think so. Although the presence of the Mii's are very unclear sometimes. It saves me 3 attempts with them anyway.

KeeganKTK

Smash Cadet
NNID
KeeganKid44
3DS FC
3712-1085-9454
I completed all characters for 3DS, but never got the crown. Is there a certain way to do this? Do Mii Fighters and Mewtwo count?

Jonarobin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PowerMiner
I completed all characters for 3DS, but never got the crown. Is there a certain way to do this? Do Mii Fighters and Mewtwo count?
They don't count. Unfortunately, you missed one. Just try to compare the scores and figure out who you didn't do. Took me awhile...

KeeganKTK

Smash Cadet
NNID
KeeganKid44
3DS FC
3712-1085-9454
They don't count. Unfortunately, you missed one. Just try to compare the scores and figure out who you didn't do. Took me awhile...
I checked my trophies, and I have all the character alts' trophies, meaning that I had completed All-Star with all of them. Do I need to use Alph and all of the Koopalings? Is Easy Mode allowed? Or will I have to pick up some of my scores?

TroperCase

Smash Cadet
In my experience, Olimar is by far the hardest character to win with (probably followed by Villager).

Unfortunately, I apparently won as a character on Normal and then surpassed that score on Hard without winning or remembering that I did so, and have scored over 2 million points on Hard as every character, leaving me with very little idea which character I still need to win with.

Edit: Villager was my lowest score, but I was thinking "nah, I just did that one, can't be him." But I did it again, and sure enough, it turned out I had finished it on Normal by mistake the first time. Even so, I still think Olimar is the toughest to win as.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
You know with the DLC characters and all I was prepared to hate having to go back and complete this challenge. I failed many attempts with Ike, who I play regularly before I eventually did manage a win and then trying to complete it for DH's challenge made me ragequit this mode for a LONG time. This was before DLC.

Yesterday I finally decided to play for the heck of it, to see where the DLC characters lined up and all. I was Pit. He's no main or secondary of mine in the slightest, I picked him for the cute alt colors and I was pretty much expecting to get my you know what handed to me. Then surprisingly I managed to beat it. Okay. That was weird. Maybe luck.

Today I tried with Duck Hunt and guess what, I actually completed the challenge. I'm sitting there thinking how the heck was it so hard with less characters before? I've come to the conclusion that the difficulty has been spiked down a notch.

I remember days before DLC getting so wombo comboed and bodied that by the time I got to the last round, I had no hearts left and I'd go in with over 100% damage and proceed to have Mario, Pac, and Little Mac rip me a new one.

In both cases with Pit and DH, I always had a heart for the last round. I also noticed the Al didn't combo as much as before and one instance as DH I watched Zelda jump right off the stage, I was no where near her.

So yes I know this is going against the popular opinion floating around with peeps saying to get rid off DLC and add them back later. But I think keeping them makes the difficulty actually easier. The game seemed to tweak things to make it balanced.

Yes I know the 'timed' ones makes the DLC more of an issue though. I completed Shulk's beforehand but not Jiggly's so it may get hammered tbh. But I may give it a few shots seeing as how hard mode has been toned down significantly, I'm assuming the other difficulties may have also been toned down as well.

Last edited:

nonbinarysmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chaosmagic
I cant say that the difficulty seems changed at all and so the 4 dlc chars make it noticable more difficult T__T
So far I got it done with Ike, Link, Toon Link, Kirby, Shulk, Lucina, Dedede, Pit, Duck hunt duo (urrgh that one was though )
Ness, Captain Falcon.
I'm currently trying with megaman so any hints would be nice.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I cant say that the difficulty seems changed at all and so the 4 dlc chars make it noticable more difficult T__T
So far I got it done with Ike, Link, Toon Link, Kirby, Shulk, Lucina, Dedede, Pit, Duck hunt duo (urrgh that one was though )
Ness, Captain Falcon.
I'm currently trying with megaman so any hints would be nice.
As far as tips go, if you don't already use this strategy of course lol, just stand there and spam smash attacks. I legit gave up trying to fight this mode befitting of my actual playstyle considering approaching the enemies more often than not got me wombo combo'd. The characters fly far even at low percentages and most of the CPUs tend to just walk towards you casually while I stood in the same spot and spammed. Well if I didn't approach them. I tend to just run to the other side of the stage if they got to close otherwise they just combo all over you.

I also tend to try to do two rounds before getting a recovery item, when it can be helped of course, this is just so that by at least the last round I'm going in at relatively low percentage. It sucks going into that last round with high percent only to die after all that work lol.

Last edited:

nonbinarysmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chaosmagic
I know I have to be careful with my side smashes against fox and falco.
Those two and metaknight seem in general to combo wombo me the most in like any try I done so far
and dedede in that round with gordows make round 4 the most difficult.

Yeah I also try to beat atleast the first 2 rounds before healing myself
In general the first item I use is the fairy.

For the people that have still problems with duckhunt.
Bair and Dair seemed quite useful to kill in allstar, atleast it worked for me.

I also tried a bit with Olimar and got one of my smashes reflected by fox T__T;

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Out of the DLC characters, Mewtwo and Lucas are ones to really watch out for due to Shadow Ball for Mewtwo (watch for confusion too if using a projectile) and Up Smash/Down Smash for Lucas. I'm not sure if anything else has been changed, as it seems much harder now with the DLC.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
I also tried a bit with Olimar and got one of my smashes reflected by fox T__T;
It might be hard to land sometimes, but Olimar's side tilt is absolutely deadly in All Star.

But yeah, basically the one way to get through All Star on hard is to cheese it out and abuse your smashes :U Playing at your usual style might backfire...
If you have a friend readily available, have them carry you through the mode using Ness' PKT2 while you use whoever is remaining.

nonbinarysmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chaosmagic
WellI now have done quite some more characters
including olimar (abused pikmins to rack up the damage from distance )
and villager ( tree abuse ftw )
Right now as I write this comment I'm stuck with ROB

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Maybe the difficulty is effected by DLC characters. I deleted mine to complete the challenge a week ago. You still can't just walk in with a character like Duck Hunt and win unless it was tweaked...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Maybe the difficulty is effected by DLC characters. I deleted mine to complete the challenge a week ago. You still can't just walk in with a character like Duck Hunt and win unless it was tweaked...
I beat All-Star with DLC on Hard with Duck Hunt the first time.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Like I said, I think having the DLC characters drops the difficulty.
What about that challenge with Jigglypuff? You have to clear All-Star in 6 minutes or less... I think the DLC characters take up more time.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
What about that challenge with Jigglypuff? You have to clear All-Star in 6 minutes or less... I think the DLC characters take up more time.
Depends if they're easier to KO or not. Playing co-op bumps up the difficulty, so the DLC characters dropping it makes sense now that I remember.

Top Bottom