• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All of Sonic's specials do feel useful after all

yamas11

Smash Cadet
A lot of characters in Brawl usually have a special move or two that feel like they have very situational or useless uses. Sonic felt this way at first with Side-b seeming the same and neutral b missing so much. But then it seems that each of his special are used in every match and are useful this way.

While on this subject, I saw videos of games from Sonic's past, one of them being Sonic Battle. He could do a shockwave in that game. Would you replace any of Sonic's specials for this shockwave?

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
A lot of characters in Brawl usually have a special move or two that feel like they have very situational or useless uses. Sonic felt this way at first with Side-b seeming the same and neutral b missing so much. But then it seems that each of his special are used in every match and are useful this way.

While on this subject, I saw videos of games from Sonic's past, one of them being Sonic Battle. He could do a shockwave in that game. Would you replace any of Sonic's specials for this shockwave?
No, but I would trade fair for the axe kick in a heartbeat. Seriously, the meteor smash from hell right there. And I'd swap dair for the bounce attack, too.

I would trade one of his spin attacks for his ground power, too.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Sakurai failed by not giving Sonic his axe kick. And that would of gave sonic a spiking move. How can you not add axe kick to Sonics moveset Sakurai?

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I do like his current fair, but I don't get Sakurai's decisions with Sonic's moveset. he says sonic isn't known for his martial skills, but he has plenty of moves that could have been taken from Sonic Battle. I don't remember that game well, but it was cool =P

While I do agree that Sonic has a useful special moveset, I personally would have prefered if SideB allowed him to just quickly go in and out of a roll mode like he could in the games of old. that would allow for some cool abilities. DownB should remain as is I think.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic's Dair should've been an axe kick...

I like his current fair.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I woulda loved to see a bounce attack.

Anyway, on the topic of Sonic's specials:

I'm still working on perfecting the Spin Dash and Spin Charge stuff, it's a slow process but I'll get it. It's awesome when it works though.

Spring jump will always be awesome.

But now we have the homing attack... can anyone tell me if an off stage homing attack on an off-screen opponent is a reliable enough kill move? I did it against a couple of friends yesterday and today (today's said friend is considerably more skilled then yesterday's friend), and it seemed to be great after a fair or two.

infomon

Smash Scientist
HA is best used as an offscreen (or just near-the-edge) kill move. I see this all the time in vids of good Sonics. So... yes. IMO....

Top Bottom