• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All of Mario's special / advanced techniques?

Berrial

Smash Cadet
Hi, I've recently picked up melee and am trying to main Mario and get better at him.
I know a few techniques such as Up-Smash out of shield and Wall jump after Up-B (though i have yet to master either) and i would love to know more, help a new Mario out :upsidedown:? (Sorry if this has been posted before)

Papa+Stone

Banned via Administration
Full hop fireball waveland
Shorthop bair waveland
Edgecancel fireball(using a fireball on the edge and still grabbing the ledge
Perfect tornado press(the highest possible tornado)

Thats pretty much all the advanced techniques i can think of, although it helps to work on learning the ins and outs of his moves and how to apply them to combat and how marios movement + the opponents movement alters the knockback properties when you land a hit. These together help understanding when to use a move and what follow ups are available in a certain situation, which is essential to fleshing out your punish game and becoming fluid with your character

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
The up-b -> walljump -> up-b
Up-b canceling? (Doc has this but not sure about mario)
Wavedash back fsmash :mariomelee:
Taunt canceling on randal etc.

Papa+Stone

Banned via Administration
Mario cannot up b cancel

Edit: Oh and ledgehop waveland off the ledge is a really powerful tool for mario and leads into many options, learn to perfect it

Berrial

Smash Cadet
Thanks for all the great replies everyone!
I think i'll start off with the simpler ones then go to the harder ones :p.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
pretty much sweet spot the ledge with your jump, then hit back. you should walljump off the ledge without using up your second jump. it's pretty nifty.

a rookie

Smash Ace
Practice the 50/50 w/ Mario. His jab to dsmash or jab to grab. Keep mixing those up and your opponent will be really scared :p

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I know with doc its 1st hit of jab but isn't it 1-2 with mario then you go for the mixup? Cause Doc's 1st hit jab has more stun to it

a rookie

Smash Ace
I think Doc's jab actually lifts them off the floor, that's why they're so slow? But I guess you can do the two jabs. I prefer one, cuz if they Crouch Cancel, you can react to it.

Top Bottom