• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All of Falcon's Natural Combos

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
There aren't too many of them, so we should be able to get them all. What are Falcon's natural combos? (combos that register as consecutive hits in training mode). Keep in mind that throws don't seem to register as consecutive hits, even if you grab them before they leave hitstun.

Nair (autocancelled, both hits) -> jab
At any semi-high damage, they're hit too high to jab
Nair (landing, first hit only) ->throw/jab/dash attack
Works from 0-999%! Reliable and awesome.
Uair (landing) ->throw/jab/dash attack
Like the above combo, but uair doesn't do set knockback so around 40% it'll hit them back too far.
Bair (landing)-> jab
Works till 20-25%, when it starts sending them airborne. You need to stay close for this. Also, the flubbed bair probably combos better till higher percentages.
Flubbed knee -> jab
Easiest if you autocancel the knee, but hit with it in the last few frames it's out. Works up to pretty high percents.
Dair (autocancelled)-> jab
This only works at extremely specific percentages... they need enough damage to get the necessary hitstun, but little enough damage that they aren't sent airborne (this is also the damage range that can trip them). Works on Bowser at ~30%.
fthrow -> fthrow?
It's kinda hard to tell if this is consecutive or not... I'm pretty sure it is when you're next to a wall, anyways.
Falcon Punch -> Falcon Punch -> Falcon Punch
This one breaks the consecutive hit counter, but it's pretty much guarunteed.

Trip followups:
Captain Falcon is a fairly good tripper, and you can follow a trip with a good number of moves. His best trip move is his flubbed knee, which has a 50% trip rate up to ~30%. His dair, bair, uair, and ftilt can all cause trip at certain percentages as well, though only about 10% of the time.
Here's all his moves that can trip at what percentages against bowser:
fair flubbed 0-38
uair 17-23
bair flubbed 19-26 strong 3-7
dair 13-37
ftilt 26-31 (upwards angled version =22-27)
dsmash back part 3-7
See big fat thread about tripping
Every one of those moves should be able to naturally combo into something else if they trip. :bee:

Any more combos?

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Comboing into jabs? What has the world come to?

I like the idea of a triple Falcon Punch though.

You only tested these on Bowser?

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
^No. :bee:
Comboing into jabs? What has the world come to?

I like the idea of a triple Falcon Punch though.

You only tested these on Bowser?
Yeah, only bowser. The Nair (autocancelled, both hits) -> jab combo would probably work better on a character with faster fall speed. :bee:

Dash attacks to Uairs. I believe it works on most characters, just don't know what % ranges that they are set at for certain.
Really? That's a natural combo? Sweet. :bee:

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Hmm, I'm just unsure of how well Bowser works as a measuring bar for comboing. I mean, he's pretty heavy, and pretty huge, so it's not unexpected that he can be comboed. The question is, what "combos" are there for the average size/weight and light size/weight characters.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
^Well I'm just trying to find out which attacks can come out fast enough to hit them again before they leave hitstun, and hitstun is just dependant on percentage, not character (though character weight affects what percentage they must be at to get certain hitstun). These should be possible for all characters, but probably easier on bowser...

Mr.Trite

Smash Apprentice
Anything->uair.

Raptor boost->uair works for a good range of percents.

Dash attack->just like Mann said is one of my favourites.

Too bad dash attack->knee doesnt combo B(

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Ultimate combo:

Grab -> Punch -> Throw

If your opponent is at 999%, you can do the punch over 70 times! That's how I got a 77 combo in Training Mode with Falcon on my way to getting the over 400 combined combos achievement. LOL

Mann

Smash Ace
Ultimate combo:

Grab -> Punch -> Throw

If your opponent is at 999%, you can do the punch over 70 times! That's how I got a 77 combo in Training Mode with Falcon on my way to getting the over 400 combined combos achievement. LOL
The higher % that one is at, the harder it is to get out of a grab. Always been like that. I wouldn't recommend doing that when they are starting at 0%.

By the way, you could have just made custom stage and keep pressing A with falcon with the opponent against a wall. Over use Lucario, turn around then press B and have them get hit multiple times. :p

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I wouldn't recommend doing it when they're at 0% either. But if they're at 999% it sure works well! lol

I tried the "fists of fury" on a Bowser against a wall at Shadow Moses Island. He was getting hit by all the punches and I wasn't hitting the wall so it was an infinite except that the punches weren't being counted as combo hits. So unless I misunderstood you I don't think that custom stage thing would work.

Mann

Smash Ace
I wouldn't recommend doing it when they're at 0% either. But if they're at 999% it sure works well! lol

I tried the "fists of fury" on a Bowser against a wall at Shadow Moses Island. He was getting hit by all the punches and I wasn't hitting the wall so it was an infinite except that the punches weren't being counted as combo hits. So unless I misunderstood you I don't think that custom stage thing would work.
I forgot to say there should be an overhang as well. I'll post up a picture after I get home. :p

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
I think sweetspotted knee --> death works. At least Key has landed it on me several times -_- :)

Top Bottom