• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All My Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Can you tech a Samus dair that pops you up? No. If you land a spike and they're already grounded then you can't tech it. I don't get why this is so hard for people to understand >_>. Ballin clears this up like 25 posts up on this very page OOPS I MEAN THE PREVIOUS PAGE

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Isn't possible to tech this?

:phone:
Can you tech a Samus dair that pops you up? No. If you land a spike and they're already grounded then you can't tech it. I don't get why this is so hard for people to understand >_>. Ballin clears this up like 25 posts up on this very page OOPS I MEAN THE PREVIOUS PAGE
It's plausible that people didn't know Mario Tornado keeps somebody grounded if they start grounded.
Not buying it (in this case). If you watch the combo you can clearly see that it does.
man, i need food

dandan

Smash Lord
i personally still do not like to see it in a combo, it is like the most DIable move in the game, and as you say, you can even DI up once and then you can tech ;)

Sangoku

Smash Master
aa: I thought it was obvious enough -_-.

dandan: 1st, I don't think Mario's downb is one of the easiest move to DI (every dril is easier, even samus upb is easier). 2nd, people should stop complaining about DIable moves in a training mode combo.

dandan

Smash Lord
i know that, i do not care about drills, there is just something about mario's downb that i dislike in combos (unless it is just to spike).

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah I don't like them (Mario down b's) either, but that has nothing to do with DI lol. I just don't find it "pretty". Except in this one, since it was subtely used.

RickySSB

Smash Ace
I never really realized the crazy trajectory they have, especially when you perform them on flat ground. Watching Falcon bounce up the ramps and off the walls was something I hadn't seen before, haha.
You have to try Dtilt and high percent on Race to the Finish stage xD

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I love your Falcon, Ricky! Definitely the most technical and fun Falcon to watch.

Your ledge work on the left side of Hyrule is damn impressive.

RickySSB

Smash Ace
I love your Falcon, Ricky! Definitely the most technical and fun Falcon to watch.

Your ledge work on the left side of Hyrule is damn impressive.
lol Thanks Sempiternity (what a long name xD) I'll try to upload more Falcon matches before I retire.

M!nt

Smash Champion
How'd you do that rest in the middle of jigglys bthrow? :O

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I wouldn't have thought the Rest hitbox would be able to reach Pikachu in the suplexed position, but I guess lots of weird stuff happens when the cloud disappears and all of a sudden everybody resets.

But would it be a combo? I'm not sure there is any way to escape being hit, especially with Jigg's Rest invincibility. It would be a matter of Pikachu being able to get an attack out before the Rest, which is impossible, assuming the Rest was perfect. Technically, I don't think it was a combo... but hey, it looks to be inescapable, what with Rest's speed and all.

However, if it had been another Jiggly, I suppose a Rest would have avoided the hit, and sent them both sleeping to their death. :awesome:

The Star King

Smash Hero
I wouldn't have thought the Rest hitbox would be able to reach Pikachu in the suplexed position, but I guess lots of weird stuff happens when the cloud disappears and all of a sudden everybody resets.

But would it be a combo? I'm not sure there is any way to escape being hit, especially with Jigg's Rest invincibility. It would be a matter of Pikachu being able to get an attack out before the Rest, which is impossible, assuming the Rest was perfect. Technically, I don't think it was a combo... but hey, it looks to be inescapable, what with Rest's speed and all.

However, if it had been another Jiggly, I suppose a Rest would have avoided the hit, and sent them both sleeping to their death. :awesome:
I wouldn't be surprised if Pika can up-B out (don't get me wrong, it was still very cool).

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised if Pika can up-B out (don't get me wrong, it was still very cool).
Good point, completely forgot about that. I guess it's just a matter of which move can be performed first since the moment the cloud disappears, both characters are in a neutral position. Rest is pretty quick (can't remember if the hitbox comes out on frame 1 or a couple later), but so is Pika's Up+B...

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I don't think so, Maybe Jiggs make him bounce before Rest.
How much damage does Rest do? It looks like Pika went from 71% to 91% immediately, which means the grab didn't even finish... so shouldn't that mean both characters are released freely with no hitstun if that happens?

Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure how grab release mechanics work in this game, since it doesn't exactly happen that much.

RickySSB

Smash Ace
How much damage does Rest do? It looks like Pika went from 71% to 91% immediately, which means the grab didn't even finish... so shouldn't that mean both characters are released freely with no hitstun if that happens?
You are Right.
Damn it.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
The grab wasnt completed, but he DID bounce (No knockback or damage, but he wasnt resetted by the cloud), so i thinks its a true combo.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Someone should TAS it to determine whether it comboes or not. Maybe I'll give it a try during the weekend. Or maybe someone else could do it.

:phone:

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
The grab wasnt completed, but he DID bounce (No knockback or damage, but he wasnt resetted by the cloud), so i thinks its a true combo.
Even if he did bounce, he didn't receive damage, so the throw was never completed, meaning he should have immediately reverted to a neutral position.

By your logic, had Ricky not Rested, Pika would have been in hitstun or otherwise been unable to move after the cloud ruined the throw. That doesn't seem to make very much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom