• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All in One Gaming World Mega Weekend, Sept 19-21

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
I mean at this point dm just doesn't understand that the world isn't centered around him. I mean he expects everything to be changed for him. I mean he has option 1 which is friday and this week he has option 2 which is sunday. Two different tournaments to satisfy different types of gamers, but he whines about both of them not being the same for him. I honestly think he's the only person EVER to not understand this concept. We have competitive tournaments and some have been appreciative of having competitive tourneys so that they can play in them. And anybody that knows me, knows that a lot of times I strive in trying to make everyone happy and I try in being flexible. BUT I'm not even trying in dm's case because there's no making him happy in a reasonable way. He just doesn't see the logic in just not coming to the Friday tournament.

All he's doing for me right now is bumping my thread, which is fine with me too.

bigmac267

Smash Cadet
Sunday tournaments are terrible. Everything is always rushed, people are always cranky since they have to leave early, not to mention this is starting late and if people don't finish there will be an uprising. And if they've been playing for so long, maybe they can learn to play correctly. These kids probably run around yelling ' i go to tournaments mehmeh. i can beat everyone."

This kind of misguided confidence will ultimately turn to coal when they realize they'll never win against real players.

I don't care how little the kids are. Hax and some others are 13 and they never john about partners or having to play with real rules. I'm sick of all you people trying to cater to a community that only makes the rules digress. I have a life. I have plenty of friends, and a job, and a hobby that people like you are trying to spoil.

I don't go to model building conventions and tell mother ****ers to put horns and **** on their Gundams. If you're gonna post in a competitive community, try to act like you guys have a clue.

I'm so sick of these Brawl noobs.
I mentioned the little kids to explain why the teams tournament is randomly paired- they are not the reason why the rules are not SBR. Any players that have been coming since Melee are not small children and could handle the real rules quite easily. However, many of them play the game for fun only and not for true sport, so they are happier with a less strict format. In addition, there are many noobs who come once in a while who are not familiar with official rules, so the tournament is a bit simpler to compensate. Also, does it really kill you to think that some people out there are happy with their skill, even though they aren't truly great? Geeze, get your kicks elsewhere. Let the noobs have their glory once in a while! Finally, we have taken steps over the past few weeks to slowly gravitate the Friday tournament towards SBR rules- we have included more stages (we used to only play on FD, so I'm happy that this has changed) and made matches best out of three instead of one. There is still a lot to change, but we are working on it and trying to step up the quality of the Friday tournament. These changes may take a while (my friends groaned upon even hearing the possibility of counterpicks, though it is really simple once you get the hang of it), but it is improving. And if you don't like it, go on Saturdays- there is a (much greater) cash prize and the rules are SBR.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Also, does it really kill you to think that some people out there are happy with their skill, even though they aren't truly great? Geeze, get your kicks elsewhere. Let the noobs have their glory once in a while!
This actually is starting to sink in for me. Think about it! Achieve Mediocrity! Together, we can say **** high standards. (and in turn, some very unattactive women.)

Imagine, a world with a bunch more janitors. The world could be a cleaner place, and ultimately, global warming would cease.

You should run for president, killer

bigmac267

Smash Cadet
I mean at this point dm just doesn't understand that the world isn't centered around him. I mean he expects everything to be changed for him. I mean he has option 1 which is friday and this week he has option 2 which is sunday. Two different tournaments to satisfy different types of gamers, but he whines about both of them not being the same for him. I honestly think he's the only person EVER to not understand this concept. We have competitive tournaments and some have been appreciative of having competitive tourneys so that they can play in them. And anybody that knows me, knows that a lot of times I strive in trying to make everyone happy and I try in being flexible. BUT I'm not even trying in dm's case because there's no making him happy in a reasonable way. He just doesn't see the logic in just not coming to the Friday tournament.

All he's doing for me right now is bumping my thread, which is fine with me too.
I didn't think about it, but he is keeping the thread going. Regardless of whiners like him, you are doing great and I think that the local players appreciate that you have not forgotten about them. However, we should continue to make the rules fairly similar to the SBR rules so that a person could attend both tournaments and not have to memorize significant rules differences. I've got to say that we've come a long way since the time when our tournament was run by me and it was just my friends and I only bringing one Gamecube a week in order to play the game we love. I really like the changes that we have made so far, and as long as we don't overload the local players, they won't feel as if they have been left behind.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Ether, come on vent. if you don't know the stuff, ill pm it to you if you need.

And other people: You said you have competitive Sundays, but the NJ panel says your tourns are SO BAD that they don't even count for the rankings. And now you're just arguing. Good job. I'll keep the thread going all week, baby. People needs the lulz.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
do u guys run guitar hero tournies? my friend wants to come with friday, then i will go again sunday to the competitive smash one.

i cant beleive jewbrandon is complaining about nub tournies. lolol u have the princeton one which is bigger and has great players come. so why flame this one where local scrubs gather one day and then cool competitve players play another??? gameingwolrd is such a cool dude he really makes it awsome for everyone

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Those tournaments we run aren't every weekend. We deserve the chance to attend as well. That's what this site is for. And If I'm a such a jew, why don't you skip the next one?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Lol guys, cut down on the language. I'm not religous, but saying the word jew as a negative word is like, really really bad. Thats like a support for Nazis.

bigmac267

Smash Cadet
Ether, come on vent. if you don't know the stuff, ill pm it to you if you need.

And other people: You said you have competitive Sundays, but the NJ panel says your tourns are SO BAD that they don't even count for the rankings. And now you're just arguing. Good job. I'll keep the thread going all week, baby. People needs the lulz.
From what I actually could understand from your post, this is my counterargument: The competitive tournament is brand new and is still in the process of changing. Just consider that the TO is not a high level smash player- this is not his game. He is learning a lot about the competitive scene and, if you'll notice, the rules for the competitive tournaments have not remained the same each week. This is because, as the TO gains experience, he is learning that what he thought would be fair wasn't necessarily preferred. Therefore, he is changing it up in order to find out what works best. Everything takes time, including getting the hang of running tournaments. Also, I am one of the best out of the noncompetitive players and I realize that I'm not up to snuff when it comes to high level competition. However, I strive to improve and I let others know that there is a higher level of play out there, whether they believe it or not. One of the main points here is that you're taking the time to dump on an innocent person who just wants to get his tournament out there. Raf was right, nothing will please you. Really, continue posting your laughably rediculous arguments so that more people will be interested in finding out how good the tournament really is for themselves.

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
do u guys run guitar hero tournies? my friend wants to come with friday, then i will go again sunday to the competitive smash one.

i cant beleive jewbrandon is complaining about nub tournies. lolol u have the princeton one which is bigger and has great players come. so why flame this one where local scrubs gather one day and then cool competitve players play another??? gameingwolrd is such a cool dude he really makes it awsome for everyone
yes we will have a GH3 tourney. With GH3 rules, i've actually been working with somebody to really improve this tourney.

And criz, I'm pretty sure you went to the 1st brawl tournament but you didn't use this name. So I can't really recall who you are.

bigmac267

Smash Cadet
Lol guys, cut down on the language. I'm not religous, but saying the word jew as a negative word is like, really really bad. Thats like a support for Nazis.
And Captain America fought against Nazis, so they must be bad people, right? :laugh: In all seriousness, Puff is right- cursing doesn't resolve anything- all it does is start flame wars. Puff knows this (Devon just made himself and his fellow local players sound like jerks by PMing that garbage to Puff- especially since he was just being a sore loser).

dmbrandon

Smash Master
yes we will have a GH3 tourney. With GH3 rules, i've actually been working with somebody to really improve this tourney.

And criz, I'm pretty sure you went to the 1st brawl tournament but you didn't use this name. So I can't really recall who you are.
No offense man, but you say you're running a whole weekend of different tournaments. Besides Sunday, do you use Circuit rules for any of them? GH3 already has a ruleset, so does halo. If you're 'working with someone, you're not doing your job. Research it, and use it. People don't make these sets as a hobby. It's proven to be the most fair.

bigmac267

Smash Cadet
No offense man, but you say you're running a whole weekend of different tournaments. Besides Sunday, do you use Circuit rules for any of them? GH3 already has a ruleset, so does halo. If you're 'working with someone, you're not doing your job. Research it, and use it. People don't make these sets as a hobby. It's proven to be the most fair.
You said no offense, but then just told him that he's not doing his job? Did you ever consider that he does not know who will show up (competitive or local players) to the GH3 tournament. If only casual players were to show up, they might enjoy it more if the rules were less formal. You have to understand that the man is trying to run a business and, therefore, is trying to cater to the actual consumers, not just potential competitive players who are used to certain rules (unless his consumers ARE competitive players).

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
the NJ panel says your tourns are SO BAD that they don't even count for the rankings.
The most beneficial thing to the community, would be to ignore the personal attacks thrown about in this thread so far, and to simply describe in detail how/why Gaming World's competitive tournaments (Sunday's and Saturday events, not the Friday stuff) are not valid for the NJ power rankings. Obviously it is in everyone's best interest if the venue just adapted to the NJ panel's suggestions, so please share them if you know.

Last week inui pointed out unfair stages on the counterpick list and they were removed from the list pretty quickly. There are other instances in which people pointed out stuff that wasn't amenable to competitive smash, Gaming World was always quick to comply, as they do intend to adhere to SBR recommendations.

You just gotta let em know in more explicit detail than "SO BAD" :) It would probably be much appreciated by everyone

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman
I mean other than bumping the thread sometimes it's pointless to respond to dm's stuff. But big mac and bsc are two people that have come to either Fridays or Saturdays tournaments and understands what I've mentioned before. I try and be flexible and adapt to the people that are there. I've been in competitive gaming before, and I understand what it is to play a game competitive. I also understand that different tournaments have different rules. And even though different places have different rules and a lot of them could be very similar. I've applied the same concept for the tourneys that I now run, I try and find the fairest rules and will adapt those rules with the players that start coming. I'm not a dictator and I'm very lenient if you come at me the right way. You come at me whining and crying, and that probably won't do it

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Don't act like you know me. I will voice my opinoin until everyone knows.

Ever heard of Rage Studios?

All i've said is random teams is ****ing stupid. Why would you want people to travel to a tournament to be teamed randomly. That's only gonna cause a problem. Think about it. Some kid comes and thinks everything is fine, and his partner is friends with two people who got luckily teamed. he throws the fight.

You have to think about this nonsense.

bigmac267

Smash Cadet
Don't act like you know me. I will voice my opinoin until everyone knows.

Ever heard of Rage Studios?

All i've said is random teams is ****ing stupid. Why would you want people to travel to a tournament to be teamed randomly. That's only gonna cause a problem. Think about it. Some kid comes and thinks everything is fine, and his partner is friends with two people who got luckily teamed. he throws the fight.

You have to think about this nonsense.
Once again, the random pairings only appliies to the casual tournament- the competitive tournament has normal rules. Also, the Friday night tournament costs THREE DOLLARS to enter. If you lose, it's not like you will be taking a big hit. In addition, the prize is proportionately smaller than a big tournament, so you would just have to be a jerk or a real loser to pull a stunt like that. The less competitive players aren't obsessed with winning, so this arrangement is fine for now. Granted, that may need to be changed, but it still works now. If you think that I don't know the issues of random partners, you're wrong- I was paired with the worst player in the tournament and we were still able to perform well.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
to think, if you brought a friend, you could have won. And teams is 10$ not three. I checked. and 50$ is 50$, kid. Sorry my mom doesn't pay for everything I have.

bigmac267

Smash Cadet
to think, if you brought a friend, you could have won. And teams is 10$ not three. I checked. and 50$ is 50$, kid. Sorry my mom doesn't pay for everything I have.
Sorry, I didn't make it clear- usually, the tournament is $3 and the prize is $6. This week is special, though, so my mistake. In this case, I actually agree that random pairings is kinda rough. However, I'll hope that luck goes my way this time. And no, my Mom doesn't pay for everything I have- just my food, shelter, clothing, education, and hobbies- oh, crap.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Dmbrandon likes to make himself feel important. He isn't being reasonable at all and is just resorting to childish remarks. If he really had a problem with your friday ruleset he could of just givin a logical argument to why he didn't think teams should be random rather then insulting people.

So just ignore him. Or let him bump the thread. Whichever.

No reason to be malicious.

Also, are there even mods on this forum? He double posted like 3 times lmao. (There is an edit button DM :) )

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Sorry, I didn't make it clear- usually, the tournament is $3 and the prize is $6. This week is special, though, so my mistake. In this case, I actually agree that random pairings is kinda rough. However, I'll hope that luck goes my way this time. And no, my Mom doesn't pay for everything I have- just my food, shelter, clothing, education, and hobbies- oh, crap.
hehe. Nice one.

Dmbrandon likes to make himself feel important. He isn't being reasonable at all and is just resorting to childish remarks. If he really had a problem with your friday ruleset he could of just givin a logical argument to why he didn't think teams should be random rather then insulting people.

So just ignore him. Or let him bump the thread. Whichever.

No reason to be malicious.

Also, are there even mods on this forum? He double posted like 3 times lmao. (There is an edit button DM :) )
I WILL NEVER LOSE TO AN OLIMARRRRRR

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
@ Hlylian: DM's post dont get ignored, just read and laughed at, lol!!

I may come one of these days this weekend.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
lmao dmbrandon is my favorite swf villian
You play Knights of the old Republic and tell me which side is more fun.

The kill the 6 guys and take all their money side.

Or the suck some plebian **** and then help him pay his rent side.

get at me.

bigmac267

Smash Cadet
I was planning for something this weekend. Hence my insane anger at this mess.
Mess? The only mess I see is the mess you have made of this thread. I don't see why you should be angry about the rules of Friday's tournament when there is ANOTHER TOURNAMENT on Sunday that follows SBR rules. So go ahead and be angry, but don't expect to get what you want by whining and stomping your feet.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yo gamingworld. I'm probably coming both days. But anways what I wanted to ask was on friday I could bring my N64 and have a SSB64 tournament. That would be fun wouldn't it?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i was Seph, i got like 4rth place in singles and then won doubles with puffster. the guy ur working with for the gh tourny was my friend who wants to get a lota pple to go so they have a place to compete. lol ur welcome now u have a bigger gh base

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
well on scorehero about 5 really good guys are going and then the usuall 8 and maybe they bring a friend or two making at least 15 pple tournout. i forgot how the rules are but the gh tourny should end in like 2 hours max if u use 2 tvs

-anyway thats not the palce for that convo. lets pm. as for brawl, im sure the tournout will be big like it was the first sat. and ill def attend sunday not sure about friday

bigmac267

Smash Cadet
Yo gamingworld. I'm probably coming both days. But anways what I wanted to ask was on friday I could bring my N64 and have a SSB64 tournament. That would be fun wouldn't it?
It may be too much with three tournaments already on Friday, but I think that it would be fun also. In addition, we could do a melee tournament since there is already a gamecube and melee there. Then, you wouldn't have to bring your N64.

bigmac267

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping GamingWorld is getting around to telling people in the store that, b/c they're about to see people who don't suck >_>...
For the most part, the Guitar Hero tournament before was a few little kids who, though decent for their age (and compared to me:laugh:), will probably lose badly in the tournament now. However, the tournament was so small and had little true interest before, so don't worry.

Top Bottom