• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Unfortunately, Aurora is just going to have Smash 4 since it's a 1 day event and transporting CRTs to and from U of C is a hassle. The main Otafest will definitely feature Melee, though that's all the way in next July. There will be other events though.

7upjawa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
7upjawa
3DS FC
3823-8521-4588
Sweet thanks. With winter its harder for me to travel but i can drive now so ill be at events.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Are there any Smash 4 events happening in Calgary after tonight?
Nothing official until the new year. If you use Facebook check out facebook.com/groups/calgarysmash; people will sometimes host at their house or have unofficial meetups at the U of C.

ChillPhil

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I'm new to the site and I just found this. I'm EXTREMELY happy that there are other Smashers in my area (Edmonton). I just wanted to say hello and that I hope I can meet you guys someday. Would be great for me to finally get some experience from the same area I'm from!

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Hi guys, I'm new to the site and I just found this. I'm EXTREMELY happy that there are other Smashers in my area (Edmonton). I just wanted to say hello and that I hope I can meet you guys someday. Would be great for me to finally get some experience from the same area I'm from!
Hey, I think you'll be happy to hear that Edmonton has a very active Smash community. However, everyone has migrated to Facebook. I recommend joining the AB Smash group and the Edmonton Smash group if you use Facebook actively. The next Edmonton event is Smash for Hope on January 30th, though they have Smash 4 weeklies at the U of A on various days (no Melee or PM currently because of storage issues).

Just curious, but what game do you mainly play? The best Melee player and the best Smash 4 player in the province both live in Edmonton.

ChillPhil

Smash Rookie
Hey, I think you'll be happy to hear that Edmonton has a very active Smash community. However, everyone has migrated to Facebook. I recommend joining the AB Smash group and the Edmonton Smash group if you use Facebook actively. The next Edmonton event is Smash for Hope on January 30th, though they have Smash 4 weeklies at the U of A on various days (no Melee or PM currently because of storage issues).

Just curious, but what game do you mainly play? The best Melee player and the best Smash 4 player in the province both live in Edmonton.
All right, thank you very much for the help!
I've mostly been playing Melee as of recently, but I do play Sm4sh as well (mostly for fun). It would be great to meet both of them because I seem to be the best (at least top 3) in my school, but now I feel the need to reach out and meet new people so that I can test my skills against people I don't know heheh.

Sherp

Sheepy Sheep
In from Edmonton as well. Will I be seeing you at smash for hope?

Sidereus

Smash Rookie
Hey, I know this is probably extremely unlikely, but I'm dying to go to another a tournament in the near future. I'm from a small town called McLennan (population 800) and I'm fully aware that I won't be finding a competitive scene that close, but I would like to know if there is a semi active scene somewhere closer than the five hour drive south to Edmonton. Thanks in advance!

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Hey, I know this is probably extremely unlikely, but I'm dying to go to another a tournament in the near future. I'm from a small town called McLennan (population 800) and I'm fully aware that I won't be finding a competitive scene that close, but I would like to know if there is a semi active scene somewhere closer than the five hour drive south to Edmonton. Thanks in advance!
I think Grand Prairie has a Smash scene, but I'm not too sure on the specifics or how active it is. They do host this event twice a year.

GreenT

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm not from Alberta, but I have a friend who lives in Edmonton and wants to get into the competitive scene. I'm completely oblivious to the scenes over there, so can you guys tell me a good weekly scene that takes place in Edmonton. If you can that would be great.

Colten

Smash Cadet
Any players in the Fort Saskatchewan area? Was wondering if there is a scene there. Also is there any Smash meetups on Saturday/Sunday in the Fort Saskatchewan/Edmonton area?

Sherp

Sheepy Sheep
Hello, I'm not from Alberta, but I have a friend who lives in Edmonton and wants to get into the competitive scene. I'm completely oblivious to the scenes over there, so can you guys tell me a good weekly scene that takes place in Edmonton. If you can that would be great.
Heard something about weeklies at the U of A. Also there's smash at deweys. I suggest you join the albertasmash fb group, as this thread isn't active at all.
Any players in the Fort Saskatchewan area? Was wondering if there is a scene there. Also is there any Smash meetups on Saturday/Sunday in the Fort Saskatchewan/Edmonton area?
theres a Friday night at the u of a if I recall correctly. Nothing really in the fort because it's so close to Edmonton

Last edited:

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Woah cool. Does this mean it's not my job anymore to reply to people who find this thread before any of our FB groups? Thanks Sherp Sherp

kithkin

Smash Champion
It's just funny to me because literally every fifth post now is a link to the answer to these questions, I wish there was a better system with which to pin

7upjawa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
7upjawa
3DS FC
3823-8521-4588
Smashboards is just so clunky
I cant go to the tourney in St. Albert Because of a play. RIP

Froggerka

Smash Cadet
Anyone know if the Project M scene is active in Alberta? I know of one tournament that runs yearly but nothing else. Personally, I don't plan on going to BC every time I'm up for a tournament.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Anyone know if the Project M scene is active in Alberta? I know of one tournament that runs yearly but nothing else. Personally, I don't plan on going to BC every time I'm up for a tournament.
There's a decently active scene in both Calgary and Edmonton, though IDK about other cities in Alberta. Edmonton currently has weeklies on Friday evenings that run PM brackets, while Calgary runs weeklies Thursdays and Sundays, with the Thursday weekly occasionally running PM brackets. I would join the following Facebook groups to keep yourself in the loop:
Alberta Smash Bros Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/albertasmash
Alberta Project M Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/edmontonprojectM/ (Don't mind the URL)
and then one of the city groups
Calgary: https://www.facebook.com/groups/calgarysmash/
Edmonton: https://www.facebook.com/groups/edmontonsmash/

Grande Prairie is having a tourney August 19-20 for Melee and Smash 4. Just FYI
https://smash.gg/tournament/the-thunderdome-2
https://www.facebook.com/events/1815533078732966/
I'll add that to the Alberta Events Calendar just in case people check.

Froggerka

Smash Cadet
There's a decently active scene in both Calgary and Edmonton, though IDK about other cities in Alberta. Edmonton currently has weeklies on Friday evenings that run PM brackets, while Calgary runs weeklies Thursdays and Sundays, with the Thursday weekly occasionally running PM brackets. I would join the following Facebook groups to keep yourself in the loop:
Alberta Smash Bros Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/albertasmash
Alberta Project M Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/edmontonprojectM/ (Don't mind the URL)
and then one of the city groups
Calgary: https://www.facebook.com/groups/calgarysmash/
Edmonton: https://www.facebook.com/groups/edmontonsmash/

I'll add that to the Alberta Events Calendar just in case people check.
I tried to join the Albertasmash group but I think my request was denied. I'm completely new to Facebook and idk what the requirements to join the group are, is my profile too new? I tried to join yesterday morning.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
I tried to join the Albertasmash group but I think my request was denied. I'm completely new to Facebook and idk what the requirements to join the group are, is my profile too new? I tried to join yesterday morning.
That was probably the case. We generally don't let accounts with no information in due to the high likelihood of the accounts being spam bots. PM me your name or something and I'll accept your request.

Top Bottom