• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Crusayer

Smash Lord
We'd only be able to grab EC if we had considerable competition or a large money pot to make the trip worth it probably.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Not sure what exactly you mean. But if I got a substantial and confirmed amount of out-of-province players interested, then I would legitimately consider it. If we managed to get Washington, BC, Sask, and some peeps from Quebec and Ontario to come, then that would be more than enough to convince me. But things are different now compared to 4 years ago so I don't know how realistic that is anymore
I once tried to get players to commit before I commited to hosting the event, all I ever got was flack.

Open the word early enough, get people in the know, B.C said they'd come to mine if they knew earlier/was a better date for them, so get word out to them, once they come, usually seattle or washington will show interest, then it just grows with time

edit: But yeah, do it at a good date, I'll be there.

Limeee

Smash Champion
i would definitely come to ADAT3 and probably bring a long a few friends

If it''s big at all old players will probably come back at least to visit

DOOO IT

Tags

Smash Cadet
lovin all these new melee players suddenly lmao

Yeah theres a big group of us in Edmonton, the majority of us are uofa students.
We meet up every so often at the UofA on a saturday for a full day of smash, typically once a month. Check the links that crusayer offered. The easiest one by far is to check the facebook group, since people typically just openly ask if someone wants to smash

http://www.facebook.com/groups/albertasmash/
Alright that's pretty awesome! I currently live in Spruce Grove which is only like 10 mins away from Edm but I'll be going to UofA, probably living on residence this september.

Tags

Smash Cadet
So I'm guessing melee isn't really the dominant smash game played in Alberta and brawl is? I've heard that PM is very close to melee but I haven't really tried it.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
It's about even if you actively try to ask people to play really. If you sit back and wait for a formal tournament then yeah, brawl is more active (with the monthlies).

Just posting on FB asking for someone to play likely get you an answer.

P.S. We're likely to be doing a PM / melee smashfest this sat at the UofA if you're interested (;

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Depends on if we get TVs or not. If not, it'll likely to be at a library near the hospital (Scott library, med-sciences building). If we do, it'll be at the general sciences building; same room the brawl tournament is hosted at so you can check out the link we gave you for directions to that one.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah I was reading that on FB. If I don't have any serious work on the weekend that would be pretty cool. Where is it at specifically?
depending on the number of people, we'll either rent a small room in the biosci library, or we rent out an entire room in the general services building =D

Taste

Smash Apprentice
The same list has charizard as bottom tier, right above gnw. Arthur we can be low tier mains together

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
it updates slowly. Sid has 300+ now. He has the most I think.

Unless we were to combine all my relic accounts. Bring back the super banned!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i really like gnw in pm actually. I just wish he had brawl dsmash, and upb.

and i just cant not play wario

Tyson651

Smash Lord
PM marth is pretty much the same as melee marth.

though i feel like marth's fsmash is slightly shorter in PM, but that's about it.

lol i just noticed ron's avatar too. god damn, softcore hentai lol

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Marth in PM gets access to brawl pivot grabs and the reverse aerial momentum stuff so I think he's even better than in melee.

Top Bottom