• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
SO WE NOW HAVE OUR FIRST PR! IT GOES AS FOLLOWS:
1.) SIMON
2.) PAUL
3.) ALLAN
4.) TYSON
5.) BRAD
6.) KEVIN
7.) DAVID
8.) ARTHUR

to end all confusion this is not the real PR

this is the real PR http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=15324623#post15324623

we choose tyson as one of the panelists but he was in edmonton or somthing so he had no say in this current PR

the PRs going to probably change drastically come saturday!!! So dont worry to much, but I think it has generated alot hype!!!

Because I'm not happy with how I'm placing and how other people place,

Brad, for the only time in my life, I issue you a 15 dollar MM challenge.

For all the marbles.

:phone:

PR MONEY MATCH! :202:

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I honestly think any money matches over 5 bucks should count towards PR. Not as much as tourney though obviously

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
PS. Brad, I never had a say in that PR yet since I never got access to a comp yet, so don't assume I made you "low".

And @PR peeps if this PR is based off singles only and not doubles, you should take me out.

Don't worry Tyson, if it was the real PR somebody would have to explain what the hell they were thinking, but it's not. Also I don't really care cause I don't have a say in it and I've been around long enough to know PR's are just silly.

As long as it brings hype, I approve, besides I'm old and should really be kicked off the top by now.

Because I'm not happy with how I'm placing and how other people place,

Brad, for the only time in my life, I issue you a 15 dollar MM challenge.

For all the marbles.

Like, you go from worthless penny matches to more than I can afford.

You *******, I don't even have the money to pay for my current MM's because of buying the venue.

K well, I accept, but on the day of, I can't promise that I'll even have $15 unless I win some other MM's, so I might bump it to $10 or $5. No disrespect, just like, I seriously have very little spending capacity after putting major triple digits on venue.

I honestly think any money matches over 5 bucks should count towards PR. Not as much as tourney though obviously

The glorious thing about PR's and what makes them so horrificly hard to make accurate, is people are better/worse than they do in tournaments. Period.

Nobody is exactly any rank, and no tournament is 100% fair. Unless we did 20 days of round robins, we will never have the accurate data, and even then it changes daily.

So I agree, MM's should count, but only minorly, because just because Allan beats paul, well I don't beat paul, but i beat allan. And I'm lucky enough to get allan before paul in brackets.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Can't you guys do the PR according to ELO ratings or something? That would then push people that play more higher rather than one time debuts.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
itt: brad whines about EVERYTHING! :rotfl:
Say what you will, but it's official, and the results are achieved via cold hard math.

If people are getting hyped then mission accomplished.

@Crusayer right now the pr only accounts for the past 2 tourneys. attendance for sure weighs in

Taste

Smash Apprentice
you should take a long hard look at your last post. tell me there isn't any whining.
I think sometimes it just comes down to that your posts kinda ramble a bit

haha no hard feelings tho! Congrats on 3rd!

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Of course I ramble, I always ramble.

It's not about the whining, perhaps that tone is put out, but I'm just being honest. People just tend to ignore the relative parts of my posts because god knows why.

No congrats are in order, not only would it be wrong if I was anywhere other than 3rd, I don't care.

Also math doesn't need a panel.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Don't worry Tyson, if it was the real PR somebody would have to explain what the hell they were thinking, but it's not. Also I don't really care cause I don't have a say in it and I've been around long enough to know PR's are just silly.

As long as it brings hype, I approve, besides I'm old and should really be kicked off the top by now.

Like, you go from worthless penny matches to more than I can afford.

You *******, I don't even have the money to pay for my current MM's because of buying the venue.

K well, I accept, but on the day of, I can't promise that I'll even have $15 unless I win some other MM's, so I might bump it to $10 or $5. No disrespect, just like, I seriously have very little spending capacity after putting major triple digits on venue.

The glorious thing about PR's and what makes them so horrificly hard to make accurate, is people are better/worse than they do in tournaments. Period.

Nobody is exactly any rank, and no tournament is 100% fair. Unless we did 20 days of round robins, we will never have the accurate data, and even then it changes daily.

So I agree, MM's should count, but only minorly, because just because Allan beats paul, well I don't beat paul, but i beat allan. And I'm lucky enough to get allan before paul in brackets.
Btw don't take offence or anything please, but the MM is not mainly because I think people are fraudulent etc, but moreso because I'm not happy with myself with how I play in friendlies versus how I play in tournament.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Me coming to this rides on finding out what next week's schedule is so that I can switch with them to make up for going on Saturday. If I do go though, I'll be entering Brawl dubs, singles, P:M singles and Melee singles. I feel like whipping out some Marth and Link in Melee.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Btw don't take offence or anything please, but the MM is not mainly because I think people are fraudulent etc, but moreso because I'm not happy with myself with how I play in friendlies versus how I play in tournament.

No I understand, I call you an ******* because the timing is horrendous and you will probably win now. Back in the day I'd say otherwise.

Like, I'm never ACTUALLY offended, text just doesn't convey emotion well, you all have met me and know damn well that I am never a mad person, I don't even have much of a serious side.

That being said, I'll call you out and say you'd probably try harder if your other MM's weren't 25c

I look forward to you bringing your A game.

Me coming to this rides on finding out what next week's schedule is so that I can switch with them to make up for going on Saturday. If I do go though, I'll be entering Brawl dubs, singles, P:M singles and Melee singles. I feel like whipping out some Marth and Link in Melee.
Remember beating me in that MM with Link?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Oh my god dude, memories. That was my first "real" tournament that wasn't the one at Animethon. I keep getting the feeling that you took it easy on me because...well, it's Sheik. Even if it was on Corneria. You outright ***** by Ganondorf (just picked him up that day inspired by Kage) so I went back to Link, beat your Falcon on FD, then game 3 faced your Sheik on Corneria.

Thanks for the nostalgia trip man. We'll hafta play again if I can make it down!

Ganon's my best character still, but I sometimes go back to Link. I almost had an awesome runback against Ron with Link last time we played.

PS; Ron, I haven't forgotten. I owe you Dairy Queen or something. XD

Stevo

Smash Champion
Oh my god dude, memories. That was my first "real" tournament that wasn't the one at Animethon. I keep getting the feeling that you took it easy on me because...well, it's Sheik. Even if it was on Corneria. You outright ***** by Ganondorf (just picked him up that day inspired by Kage) so I went back to Link, beat your Falcon on FD, then game 3 faced your Sheik on Corneria.

Thanks for the nostalgia trip man. We'll hafta play again if I can make it down!

Ganon's my best character still, but I sometimes go back to Link. I almost had an awesome runback against Ron with Link last time we played.

PS; Ron, I haven't forgotten. I owe you Dairy Queen or something. XD
are you talking about that Animethon that we played at? It doesn't really count much, but I didn't realize you were THAT new when we played there lol.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
are you talking about that Animethon that we played at? It doesn't really count much, but I didn't realize you were THAT new when we played there lol.
Yeah, that was when you were teaming up with the guy cosplayed as Byakuya from Bleach. He was Link, you were Zelda. Me and my buddy had the spacies team going on.

Then you transformed into Sheik and things got serious.

When you played me, I was probably aware of the competitive Smash scene for about...oh...maybe a month or two?

That room got surprisingly hyped, both sides shouting out for Team Star Fox and Team Zelda.

[EDIT]

Then when I went with Carl to At Melee's End and trained with him for the first time, I managed to take three stocks off of him once in the Link vs. Falco match-up. Granted I'm 100% he was showing me the ropes and taking it easy on me, but hey! It was a great beginning to my Smash career.

You guys are all awesome.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I remembered I 4 stocked Shaun in a ganon ditto during a friendly at my first tournament.

Shaun, come back my love

Stevo

Smash Champion
Yeah, that was when you were teaming up with the guy cosplayed as Byakuya from Bleach. He was Link, you were Zelda. Me and my buddy had the spacies team going on.

Then you transformed into Sheik and things got serious.

When you played me, I was probably aware of the competitive Smash scene for about...oh...maybe a month or two?

That room got surprisingly hyped, both sides shouting out for Team Star Fox and Team Zelda.

[EDIT]

Then when I went with Carl to At Melee's End and trained with him for the first time, I managed to take three stocks off of him once in the Link vs. Falco match-up. Granted I'm 100% he was showing me the ropes and taking it easy on me, but hey! It was a great beginning to my Smash career.

You guys are all awesome.
yeah that was awesome. Team starfox vs team zelda

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Wait, upon closer inspection of PR rankings, James > Hansel?

Curious for the defining reasons (They seem really really close to me)
Probably because of results. Hansel placed 3rd at the last two tournaments while I placed 2nd and 1st respectively. The top 3 are all really close though.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Must be why I have so many broken controllers.

Whenever I stomp or fair with ganon I press my L button with all my strength

Gotta press the L button as hard as ganon hits
hahaha I totally miss my l-cancels with ganon too lol. Just ask Ron or Luke.

It's probably cause we aren't pressing the buttons hard enough

...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFSYB5g8lMA&t=3m15s

Lex Jewthor

Smash Apprentice
I never learned to L-cancel properly with anyone except Kirby.

My Marth only ever got by using Fair early enough that the animation was done before I landed.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I'm sad that posts count again, it hurts to think all the effort I put into making them not count is gone

Top Bottom