• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Taste

Smash Apprentice
It'd help if I knew where you'd already advertised, yes.

I mean we were all at club Nerd, and most of us go to FGCC every week. What other groups are you in talk with?

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Ben, I have not put posters or anything up directly at UofC and MRU. As well as any local businesses in the north.

I've covered a decent amount of the south.

Mripod128

Smash Cadet
Hey Brad if you come to Thursday night you can hand me sum flyers and I can put them up all around MRU if ya wanted.

For da tourney I can bring a Melee and a Brawl/PM setup. I'd bring a CRT but all I've got in transit to get there and back.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I am supposed to be there thursday, the only concern I have is a good friend of mine's car has had some troubles today and if it's not fixed I might have to help them deal with that issue.

The offer is great though, so I will do my best to at the very least get a bunch of posters to throw around. I already ran out of my first print.

The setup would be wonderful. Who can give him a ride so he can bring the TV?

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
let's just say I bought in bulk.

edit: now I need to find my nintendo screwdriver cause I don't want the white case lol

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't the shipping costs alone be discouraging from buying bulk? If it wasn't for that I'd probably buy a few...

EDIT: it probably would of been smart if one person bought for everyone who wanted one and then was paid back since it appears shipping decreases for each quantity........

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Let's see how fast shipping is.

...I wonder if mine will be in before my tournament... that could be interesting.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Oh, more of a random note: The venue has lots of plug ins, but for the sake of making things easy, if anyone else has an extension cord or two lying around, could they be brought as well? Just makes setup easier.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
That's a good call, I'll bring an extension cord.

Brad you should put up posters in SAIT and ACAD asap. ACAD has a lot of peeps that might be interested (talk to the anime club for example) but people need notice to swap shifts and stuff. Also, even though EB for sure won't post any posters, walk into any you're around and talk to the clerks, many will be able to get you in touch with pl who like smash bros

Planning some fun side events might not be a bad idea either, as some people are bound to be eliminated quickly

I posted an ad on Kijiji for the event and I'm gonna chase down some newbies from AiB

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
ill probably bring a power bar for my set ups, pssssttt we should use my one godlike tv for the main stream or main recording tv

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Only if we fuse it with my amazing wii with it's amazing custom music for brawl/pm

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
There is a thread on all is brawl, and I talked to Chris who is in like... every day at southcentre EB, so we're again, decently covered.

There are posters up at SAIT, but I am only allowed to put them certain places because it's not SAITSA sponsored. and I'm trying to contact the ACAD people currently, if anyone has better connections than me, feel free to flex it.

Paul, if your TV is that good, definitely, I will let people know now, I don't know if I'll have the equipment to use a projector, but yeah.... working on it,

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
Paul, if your TV is that good, definitely, I will let people know now, I don't know if I'll have the equipment to use a projector, but yeah.... working on it,
i think we can make due without a project, recording equipment is probably more important. + my tv is quite big so it should be good enough

prob wont go to fgcc tmr X.X mid term johns

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Hansel and James:

me and Kurt challenge you to a dubs MM at Brad's tourney. Do you accept?

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it's not the worst thing. But we'll see what can be done.

That sucks, but understandable.

Edit: HYPE! Go ben go.

Also, Staples still hasn't gotten back to me about my second print of posters =[ I hope they do sometime tomorrow, they said it would be done tonight

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
I would love to buy a new controller if someone stocks up on the ones from PlayAsia.

Hansel and James:

me and Kurt challenge you to a dubs MM at Brad's tourney. Do you accept?
I haven't spoken with Hansel, but I'm pretty sure we'll accept your generous donation.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I ordered a controller that doesn't even have a keyboard in the middle of it!

:phone:
It's ok, we'll mod it

I ordered one with a keyboard in the middle a long time ago TBQH, still waiting on it to ship in

I should probably buy myself a back up as well.
Depending how long they last, I might do some as giveaways through smashlogic for people who support me

WAITDIDISAYTHATNOOOOOIMNOTDOINGGOODTHINGSATALL

Bribery.jpg

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
tyson you wanna drive my tv? if not i have to ask my parents, just need to ask them early so they have a chance to free up their scedule. if space is an issue i could take transit and you could just pick up my tv

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman

Ben from Big Strong Gaming Men http://www.bigstronggamingmen.com and
Tyson from Puff Gaming www.puffgaming.com will be providing TWO CRTs for the Tournament!
Awesome.

Although I'm not sure if I should be flattered or angered by the mockery.

Cool we at 6 crt's? With 2 from me and 2 from brad?

If I can get appropriate cars on that day, I'm looking to bring 3. But yes. Looking good, just a few more would meet my goal which is tons.

tyson you wanna drive my tv? if not i have to ask my parents, just need to ask them early so they have a chance to free up their scedule. if space is an issue i could take transit and you could just pick up my tv
Someone should do this.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I currently have two TVs and a big strong gaming man (Ben) in my car. I dunno the sizes of the TVs so it's hard to say if I can fit a third one plus yourself considering how small my car is. Ben, how big are your TVs?

Top Bottom