• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Is anything happening in edmonton this weekend (May 4-6thish?)

I can probably come up if theres something to come up for

Taste

Smash Apprentice
So I think I'll book a conference room for the 5th and the 12th. Since I have plans the week after, and Otafest is the week after that, I think those are our best weekends to smash.

Does that sound ok to everyone? One of those days can be the tournament, the other a smashfest. Or we can have two back to back tournaments. Whatever you guys want! We should also maybe try out some new stuff, like setting up a stream or doing melee crews.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I agree completely, thats the best ideas, it sounds like it won't be worth doing a paying tournament on the 5th, but the 12th yeah.

That being said, I'll be there on the 5th if I'm not in edmonton (my girlfriends going up for her EMR final and we havn't been apart for a day since last june, kinda just wanna go for that reason)

BUT SERIOUSLY GUYS FROM EDMONTON, anyone doin' any ****? I could totally come down

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Yo Ben, you and Brad should run Jigglypuff/Ganondorf in doubles. You know why.

Also, I'd prefer a smashfest on the 5th and a tournament on the 12th.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Sid, arn't you not even in edonton this weekend? Cause if you are, I should totally come over =P

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Great news guys, all the dates for smash that I applied for are now booked! We have all of these dates from 10-6, 8 whole hours, haha. Even our free smashfests will be in a conference room. Swag.

May 5th – Cassio A/B - Smashfest
May 12th – That Empty Space - Tournament
June 16th – Escalus - Smashfest
June 23rd – Cassio A/B - Tournament
July 21st – Cassio A/B - Tournament
August 11th – Cassio A/B - Tournament

When it comes to the day of the tournament I`ll probably need a lil help running things as I don`t think the VGC ppl will be there this time. But I`m not too worried.

So we`re all set for this Saturday! Bring a wii/gc if you can! I`ll start making a poster for the 12th and then we can advertise. I`ll advertise it as a doubles tourney, but if we have time we can run singles that day too.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Great news guys, all the dates for smash that I applied for are now booked! We have all of these dates from 10-6, 8 whole hours, haha. Even our free smashfests will be in a conference room. Swag.

May 5th – Cassio A/B - Smashfest
May 12th – That Empty Space - Tournament
June 16th – Escalus - Smashfest
June 23rd – Cassio A/B - Tournament
July 21st – Cassio A/B - Tournament
August 11th – Cassio A/B - Tournament

When it comes to the day of the tournament I`ll probably need a lil help running things as I don`t think the VGC ppl will be there this time. But I`m not too worried.

So we`re all set for this Saturday! Bring a wii/gc if you can! I`ll start making a poster for the 12th and then we can advertise. I`ll advertise it as a doubles tourney, but if we have time we can run singles that day too.
Great stuff. Maybe have the times a little later in the day for the future but I'm not complaining! I'll probably bring my recording setup so we can get matches recorded xD

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
It's true 12 works better for most people, however it matters more if you can extend the time

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Yea understandable for sure. A couple things I had in mind though:

-we won't start actual events until 11:30ish i think. Plenty of time for sleepyheads to arrive
-A lot of the brawlers are still in high school and can't stay late or they'll get heck from their parents. better for them to have the events wrap up a lil earlier.
-Extensions may be possible, I'll look into it, but as of now we HAVE to be out by 6 (some of these rooms can't be booked much later than that anyway)
-Saturday evenings free!

I made an event page! Yall should start posting in it. I'm going to post the results from the last tourney soon, and I'd like for us to start recording matches between players so we can build up a video archive.

I'm also gonna get the brawlers to make smashboards accounts and post there.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321897

Here's the event poster. Don't worry, Paul. I put cute lil pikachus on it

Next Event Poster

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Should have plenty of tvs. If people can let me know if they're bringing a setup that would be best.

Cassio A/B is same place as last tourney. End of Mac Hall, above Jugo juice by the ticket place.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
Thanks ben,
will there be 64 i dont play much melee
i may bring a gc with memcard and melee
not sure whether to go

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
We could just have a not for money bracket.

I mean, pretty straightforward way of making it cool while still giving people the choice of playing their awful samus =]

Top Bottom