• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Crusayer

Smash Lord
So I just realized that during loading for youtube videos, you could play snake with the circles.

Wut.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
So my white DK is undefeatable in project M and victor keeps saying DK is overpowered cause he can't beat it. Y'all should play my crack kong and see the magic in person :)

Edit: There's also a really weird glitch in the alternating-person mode where player 1 literally controls every other player's shields. Don't know how they missed that one (or if it was just a one-time glitch for us)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
P:M was amazing, and so much fun.

Dedede and Ike felt really natural.

If you guys are feeling like P:M is a bit clunky/laggy, turn off rumble. Felt identical to melee afterwards.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
That moment when you realize your SD card isn't big enough for P:M and some extra songs.

Then get a larger SD card but realize you need Riivolution for that one instead.

-sigh-

Tyson651

Smash Lord
So my white DK is undefeatable in project M and victor keeps saying DK is overpowered cause he can't beat it. Y'all should play my crack kong and see the magic in person :)

Edit: There's also a really weird glitch in the alternating-person mode where player 1 literally controls every other player's shields. Don't know how they missed that one (or if it was just a one-time glitch for us)
WE SHALL BATTLE

/caps

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Steve they buffed his dash attack and it's even got super armor frames now but it's a little glitchy and doesn't stop at edges (that or they programmed it like that on purpose like kirby's dash attack from melee)

I'm busy tomorrow and maybe Sunday morning-afternoon but I'm game after that

Taste

Smash Apprentice
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR CALGARY SMASHERS!

Prepare Yourself, the tournament we ran a while back is now a monthly! I will be running the tournament out of the conference rooms in UofC on Saturdays from 9-5. Plenty of time to smash!
Cost will be the same as before 5 doorfee/ 5 entryfee, but we have to get good attendence as we'll have the rooms for much longer than before!

As well, once a month on a saturday we can grab a room for a free smashfest. Any extra money we take in during tournaments can go towards paying for smashfests.

BY MONDAY I NEED TO FINALIZE THE DATES. THERE ARE SOME OPTIONS SO PLEASE POST WHICH DATE WOULD BE BEST FOR YOU.

As well, I will be making a Prepare Yourself thread for us Calgarians to chat in and will be posting the results from our last tournament asap.

HERE ARE POSSIBLE DATES. WE CAN BOOK TWO DAYS A MONTH< ONE FOR TOURNAMENT, ONE FOR FREE SMASHFEST.

May: Possible Tournament/ smashfest Dates: 5th, 12th, 19th smaller room smashfest only 5th/ 26th

June: Possible Tournament/ smashfest Dates: 2nd, 16th, 23rd smaller room smashfest only 2, 16, 30

July: Tournament date: 21st.

August: Tournament Date: 11th.

When could you guys make it?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
not really, i never really gave it a chance though, played a few games last time i think with tyler and victor and thats it.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
It comes down to this, so arthur and dan ask paul and the others. What's better for the tournament:

May Tournament 12th, or the 19th

June Tournament: 2nd, 16th, 23rd

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Steve they buffed his dash attack and it's even got super armor frames now but it's a little glitchy and doesn't stop at edges (that or they programmed it like that on purpose like kirby's dash attack from melee)

I'm busy tomorrow and maybe Sunday morning-afternoon but I'm game after that
I read up on it, DK did receive a lot of buffs! And his dash attack is supposed to do that.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
I scrapped that date myself, seems too soon if we're going to try to advertise and get a big turnout.

Brad I'll play you this week if you want though. We need to practice our teams!

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
IB exams in May until the 17th. I'll see if I can attend before then but probably not.
Also, Otafest is on the 19th, might not want to host a separate event at U of C that weekend.

Top Bottom