• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Good to see stuff happening in Cowtown. Also does anyone know what the VGC's Geeks Without Sleep is? It seems like a 24hour gaming marathon or something. Just wondering if we could get some smash in or something.
They actually asked me if I knew people who'd be interested. Basically you'd enter with a team, and over the course of 24 hours that team would not stop playing their game/games of choice. (as long as like someone is playing the game you can take a break and sleep and stuff.)

Considering for sure there's smashers who practice tech skill until the early hours of the morning I don't think it's unreasonable. Anyone interested? It's obviously for charity.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
dafuq i thought you used green text, or maybe it was someone else. i probably thought of you cause your name is lime (green) lol.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Can I play games from my house and play different games? Cause seriously.

Also 24 hours is nothing, nobody would donate to me doing that, I used to do it like every day.

We should host a tournament during it so that the people involved can benefit lol

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, I'm making a new youtube channel to support my soon-to-be Games and various other videos on youtube (and eventually streaming too)

For tournament vids, lets plays, and random stuff, like my girlfriends songs she writes.

I need a channel name.

Ideas? I want it to be Bread related since freakin' everyone I've ever met knows me by Bread in some way.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
On that note, it sounds like every channel ever made to put video game videos on youtube.

But it's K, Allans a loser

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Steve had some pretty good suggestions. But of course, all lack-luster over the veil of "NAME IN USE"

**** you youtube, all those accounts are closed release the names then!

Anyways, just went with BreadJones because it's easy to brand if I ever actually do become successfull with it, being that it's tied to my professional e-mail too.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
looks like the frame rate is kinda on the low side, other than that, the quality looks great.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Hey so it looks like I might be able to regularly record melee =D. I'm still playing around with the settings and what not, but check it out and let me know what yall think:
I'm mostly curious as to what you're using, Cause I'm looking at grabbing something to record off a TV with, but am not sure wether it's worth making the investment for a Happauge or Black Magic Intesity or something.

crazyyyyyy yo is your recording equipment portable?
lol Paul, what you'd do to get recorded.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
crazyyyyyy yo is your recording equipment portable?
Of course it is that's why I got it hahaha
that's pretty good quality
Sweet...and yeah I was pleasantly surprised at the quality-to-size ratio
looks like the frame rate is kinda on the low side, other than that, the quality looks great.
Hmm yeah I might have to do a few more tests with the settings to get it ideal
I'm mostly curious as to what you're using, Cause I'm looking at grabbing something to record off a TV with, but am not sure wether it's worth making the investment for a Happauge or Black Magic Intesity or something.
I'm using Dazzle, but I used it on my macbook with a different program than the packaged software. I don't really know about the other capture cards so I can't comment.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Mute melee's music so you can slap your own on top. I recommend linkin park or nickleback

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I hate anyone who ever mutes melee's music. Even if they were to put good music on it.

That being said, Ah Dazzle. Figured but wasn't sure, I'll probably end up getting one just cause I'm too poor for the good ones. The other two are pretty good, Allan uses Happauge and black magic is the top of the line.

edit: Theres lots of better recording software out there for sure. Just need a good line in.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Mute melee's music so you can slap your own on top. I recommend linkin park or nickleback

I hate anyone who ever mutes melee's music. Even if they were to put good music on it.

That being said, Ah Dazzle. Figured but wasn't sure, I'll probably end up getting one just cause I'm too poor for the good ones. The other two are pretty good, Allan uses Happauge and black magic is the top of the line.

edit: Theres lots of better recording software out there for sure. Just need a good line in.
Yeah I definitely didn't want to shell out tons of money for a capture device and I got mine pretty cheap, I paid like $27 in total. It's good enough that with the right recording and post-processing software you can get pretty good quality.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
ya looks worse to me too. though i have a live stream running at the same time, and not sure if thats affecting youtube at all.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
It just seemed choppier and sharper, which isn't considered "HD" might be more true to melee though

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
anyone gonna be @ uofc tonight
@moe i have a 2gb sd card, can you delete the info on it. my bro was using it in his camera until it broke.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Probably me and Brad
but how dare you Arthur! I could carry ANYONE into first place.

Why stop at top 2 for melee? extend your prediction.

Top Bottom