• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
Lol, and all I was saying is that because NOONE takes the initiative, none of us should bash anyone for not taking the initiative.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
hey arthur matt is getting pretty good puttin in lots of effort;)
he has beat me most times i have played him, i think my climbers are giving him bad fsmash habits tho lol

Taste

Smash Apprentice
THE TOURNAMENT IS THIS SATURDAY! REJOICE!

As an apology for basically doing no advertising at all (or much of anything as of late) your generous host Ben will not collect any door fee this Saturday. HURRAY! Please arrive with spare setups!!!, a positive attitude, and a willingness to get smacked down by myself.

Doors open at 10:00, and doubles begin at 12:00. The room is Cassio A/B . If you get confused: details are in the Prepare yourself thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321897

Text me @ 403-402-4912 if you need directions or something.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
THE TOURNAMENT IS THIS SATURDAY! REJOICE!

As an apology for basically doing no advertising at all (or much of anything as of late) your generous host Ben will not collect any door fee this Saturday. HURRAY! Please arrive with spare setups!!!, a positive attitude, and a willingness to get smacked down by myself.

Doors open at 10:00, and doubles begin at 12:00. The room is Cassio A/B . If you get confused: details are in the Prepare yourself thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321897

Text me @ 403-402-4912 if you need directions or something.
Ben, we made a FB page for Alberta smash with the upcoming tournament on it.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/388269574561146/

Someone should inform Saskatchewan about the tournament in August so they can come and get *****

And no, Tom's not coming, he has work

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i have already informed geenareeno and he said it was looking likely that they would come to the next 1!
the 1 on the 11th, get graped!
AFRO SAMURAI MIXED WITH THE LION KING!!!

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Sick.. you can now stream with Youtube via Google Hangout while having the videos recorded. If I get it to work, and if I can go to the tourney I might try it out.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
wow arthur i r dissappoint!
u can read my posts arthur? something has gone terribly wrong!
I MUST REVISE MY FORMULA!!

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Sick.. you can now stream with Youtube via Google Hangout while having the videos recorded. If I get it to work, and if I can go to the tourney I might try it out.
What kind of stream upload rates and qualities are we talking, is it better than twitch?

and are you still using xsplit?

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
@daniel after thinking it over i am not worse than i was, everyone just knows the ics matchup now. i have not, however been improving and lost a month of practice.
@paul, when wobbling you must wait for nana to finish her grab animation or the hits will not be evenly spaced. that is why it is easier to wobble from headbutt blizzard!!
@moe thanx for making me feel pro for about 2 mins;)
also i have no ideas on how to improve anything except my wobbling and handoff timing

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
@daniel after thinking it over i am not worse than i was, everyone just knows the ics matchup now. i have not, however been improving and lost a month of practice.
@paul, when wobbling you must wait for nana to finish her grab animation or the hits will not be evenly spaced. that is why it is easier to wobble from headbutt blizzard!!
@moe thanx for making me feel pro for about 2 mins;)
also i have no ideas on how to improve anything except my wobbling and handoff timing
You need game sense, like when you grab vs when you should WD away and stuff
Pay attention to what the other person does, not what you do

GGs everyone, I can hold my own against fast people now at least

We all reach that place where we stop improving steadily, and from then on it's just consistency

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
Yoooo. Who wants to smash? I have the biggest craving and I'm willing to host. List whatever dates you're free and I will host a smashfest for whatever is convenient for the most people.

Quaff

Smash Rookie
Well I'd rather keep my job and miss out on a Smash tourney, than get fired.

Anyways, any chance anyone wants to have a smashfest or something? Haven't played in a while. I'm free Monday-Thursday, and Sunday :p

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
so u work fridays and saturdays only lol
i need to put in lots of work on this game and unless i get some help i will probably take a while b4 i test it out
might buy a recording setup to record myself so i can refine my movement. i literally have no matchup specific notes and a sloppy handle on grab setups, movement, and conditioning techniques.
also i will be busy at work;)
gotta get serious
ill host this week matt, maybe we could get someone else to join us

Tyson651

Smash Lord
last time i checked, managers didnt mind people taking a day off as long as you asked for it.

lol @ get fired. please, i guarantee you wouldnt get fired even if you didnt show up one day. (not saying you should)

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Well I'd rather keep my job and miss out on a Smash tourney, than get fired.

Anyways, any chance anyone wants to have a smashfest or something? Haven't played in a while. I'm free Monday-Thursday, and Sunday :p
Where are you going to school come fall? Just curious.

gotta get serious
Honestly, spend a week training on a character thats more consistant that IC's. Play marth or something for a week straight, just learn the game from another character, gives you more of an idea on beating your opponent, because to be fair, the IC's are hard to play at a level that compares to the higher levels around here, I have a feeling you'll have an easier time working on something else first.

last time i checked, managers didnt mind people taking a day off as long as you asked for it.

lol @ get fired. please, i guarantee you wouldnt get fired even if you didnt show up one day. (not saying you should)
While you're right, jobs will be jobs, sometimes it's just like "****, I just have to work"

After watching Me vs Paul...

NEXT TIME... NEXT TIME.
ambitions of the devil

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
Honestly, spend a week training on a character thats more consistant that IC's. Play marth or something for a week straight, just learn the game from another character, gives you more of an idea on beating your opponent, because to be fair, the IC's are hard to play at a level that compares to the higher levels around here, I have a feeling you'll have an easier time working on something else first.
did you miss my peach played her for like two weeks and did better against paul than i did yesterday! i still agree that i would(and have) had an easier time winning with other chars but ics have a pretty good chance at a high level.
i understand i cant just run up grab and wobble 4 stocks off everyone i play.
i am focusing on basic things like oos options, movement, and punishes(other than grab lol). right now i am taking notes on videos and learn from the wonderful rolemodels i have as an ICs player.
im not dropping them again because of the amount i have spent playing alot of the cast and n64.
i need to have more precise inputs and basic knowledge of matchups, it seems there is alot of work to be done in order for me to get in shape to compete with up and coming spacie players but i think ics can be quite valuable in crews even tho i wont win any tourneys for a while. most regions severely lack ic matchup experience.I like the idea of never beating this game and i really cant wait for 2015 metagame;)
marth was my 1st char
and i have mained most of the cast for more than a week

SWEET BRO

Smash Rookie
so uhhh like next saturday i'll be in edmonton for a week any of you cats doing anything melee related?

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
and i have mained most of the cast for more than a week
tl;dr

basically I say that because you seem to need to get more of the basics down, forget arthurs stupid training process of overanalyzing everything, it works for him for some dumb reason, but it shouldn't work for anyone else.

Basically you just need to get better at the general game, something you'll notice I'm pretty good at, just game sense and playing safe when you need to, execution if you're watching videos you basically know what you need to do/can do, but whats important is you don't get set on that cause every match is different, right? So get used to reacting and the combo's will come later, and the reason I suggest other chars is not to have said you've done it, but because literally it takes the focus off "what do ice climbers do" and it becomes "what is he doing"

any character can wavedash back grab, but is it the right idea? Well, that comes from experience and general practice.

Make Paul play a couple matches and put serious pressure on you the whole time, he's good at it, and you'll see what I mean, you will really need to stretch to rely on his weaknesses not yours.

edit: as a ganon player, trust me, those lazers literally mean theres almost nothing I can do unless he messes up.

And Brad, I'm going into grade 12 at Beaverbrook
Ah, you're still a youngin'

I asked cause once school starts I'll probably actually be able to smash semi-often

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
So if I host, will Edmonton people actually show up? :p

I can host next Monday or Wednesday. What works better for people? I'm free all day both days.

Get at me Edmonton. It has been too long.

Top Bottom