• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Btw, Fastfox, my Dad moved up in the company so we aren't moving up there.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
do you have msn?

That way we can chat and I posted a picture of myself in las pictoras after being here for so long.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Just finished playing SuperBoom in some online Smash64...

My goodness...
I've never been so humbled.

If his C.Falcon so much as BREATHS on you, it leads into a death-combo.

My cheap spam could keep him at bay for only so long. After the paper-thin defenses where torn asunder, the heavens cracked open and divine ownage fell upon me. It was epic.

And he wasn't even warmed up yet...

Thanks for the games, man!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Wow, I just read the new description, that is hilarious.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Important Post:

In a collaborative effort with Shiro_dk of the fighting game community, and with promise of Empire Arcadia sending over players from the East Coast I've decided to lend a hand in making at least the Smash Tourney a success.

The tournament will be in Edmonton, in the month of February. Details about the venues and cost to the players will be available at a later date, and I will be the one responsible for answering any questions from the Smash community.

It's quite possible smash could be the biggest event there, and I'm sure the Albertan community (if not all of central Canada) will be glad to have a tournament following Randall's doozie. I've been in the Edmonton scene for a long time, and this is quite a blessing to have consecutive tournaments in a local area, and as such I will take pride in making it an enjoyable event for everyone who attends.

SOMETHING TO NOTE:
Brawl will be released by this tournament.
Whether the tournament will be Melee or Brawl is undecided at this point, but it is most likely that the tournament will be Melee

At first I was gonna make a thread, but it's 6+ months away

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
As a player in both the traditional fighting game community and the smash community, and having attended tournaments in both, I can assure you this will be a big event. With smash being recognized at EVO and now tournaments such as T8, you can expect there to be more "crossover" tournaments involving both communities. Hopefully this leads to an integrated community in which gamers crossover between smash and mvc2 as much as they do between 3s and cvs2. An important thing to note is that Carl will be director and as such you can expect an organizational level that's up to snuff with a tourny of this size. I can not vouch for the other events there, so 1. be happy we have carl and 2. I hope this goes off smoothly. Most importantly, like all tournaments, this is by players, for players, so come out, have a good time and support competitive gaming in Edmonton.

kithkin

Smash Champion
*glee*

I like that idea, GG maybe?

yeah the only other game I'm good enough to even think about tournamenting in is GG (for fighter games at least)

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
GG is tres bon. Accent Core comes out Sept 2. w00t.

Would just like to comment that the Alberta smash scene is shaping up quite nicely. We got CAST3 in a couple weeks, Randall's crazy shinding in December and hopefully a nice big west coast fest in February if all goes according to plan.

kithkin

Smash Champion
unless its exactly the same engine? yeah, there will be people that are good from before, but there will be tons of new things.

Although... brawl would be interesting to have a tournament for at that point, cause everyone would be whipping out new techniques only they know...

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Online play is going to be really weird, especially for a real-time fighting game.

Imagine what would happen if someone lags out.

Top Bottom