• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALASKA Smash Thread

gingerbreadchar

Smash Apprentice
Hi Z-row.

I guess my boyfriend's lurking /b/ today..Even though he's playing Pokemon.

Also, I think I said this already, but I want to money match Kira when I get up there in August. Ultimate ***** fight. Hypehypehype.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
see, james knows im right, he denies it, but really it bothers him knowing that even matt+ will amount to something greater in life. check it, he's 22 im 19, and i can still find a higher paying job with better benefits, at least i dont have to suck ***** to get a job. gg yo, thanks for playing better luck next time.

sup not james

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
If you really wanted to get good I could probably help you; im free most of the time and i feel if i taught some things i know, i could better myself at the same time. i might be able to help with brawl too

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
who other than me and caleb plans on going to apex? cuz **** housing, im booking an executive suite at a hilton, and yall can stay in it free with me if yall pay for my food and/or gas. such is having a nice job. go me, im awesome.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
ya, but ur one of those people who dont get the 500 dollar tux, and dont get the hummer limo and dont get the hotel suite after prom night at alyeska. so you wouldnt understand.

see, i dont do this whole, oh one double bed would be enough bull****. its either first class or i dont go, period. IE my plane tickets are 1st class on the new Boeing 787-dreamliner. none of that economy class bull****.

gingerbreadchar

Smash Apprentice
who other than me and caleb plans on going to apex? cuz **** housing, im booking an executive suite at a hilton, and yall can stay in it free with me if yall pay for my food and/or gas. such is having a nice job. go me, im awesome.
Brad's expressed interest in going for a while now.

100th post yeahhhhh.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
No, I mean that I would actually PREFER to spend a night chilling and playing smash than being in a really fancy hotel. More of an experience imo, and you get to meet OOS smashers.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
or you can have the OOS smasher come to ur hotel room. ****ing some dudes living room where theyve been smashing for the past 6 years or a ****ing executive suite at the hilton? that way, i get to have my fancy hotel room AND smashing.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I suppose if there were a lot of people in the same hotel it could be pretty cool.

I just think that you could use your money on something else and get more out of it.

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
^ That's what I said. He won't listen, so no use trying.

ANYWAY. I come back to the forums and everyone wants to moneymatch me O___O;

lol @ some dude on akg tracking down Yunghove

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
If it's in Melee, then sure. XD I haven't played Brawl seriously for quite some time, and I only use G&W + Zelda in that.

Z-row

Smash Journeyman
So, since I got Matt playing again (and hopefully posting) I'm gonna be posting/lurking here a little bit. I'm free to offer anyone advice and stuff, but I'm not sure I wanna play too much with people who aren't like Adrian's level and up. Sorry, guys, mad love and all that, but I need to shake those bad habits out if I expect to do very well at all. There's also a decent chance that I'm gonna be moving to norcal after the tournament. That or going back to Israel for school and stuff (PROBABLY something in IT) if I ever expect to do anything interesting. So who knows I have alot of opportunities happening to me right now, so I think those of us that are going should actually go this time, as I don't expect most of the smashers to really put much time or effort into making the community competitive, and I can't imagine it staying together for very long after some of us have gone, as noone but a few of us have any interests in getting better.

I don't think there's anything wrong with not being competitive, but before I settle and start trying to make a life, I want to give this pro-gaming thing a shot, and so far I don't think Alaska will be any help to me at all. So consider this a last ditch effort. I'ma be making alot of time for smash if I can, so if you're one of the people who can say you're one of the better players, or that you're interested in getting gritty and training, then notify me and we'll talk. If you're not, sorry, I can't be spending my time not improving my game.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
^I can do that pretty easily if I manage to receive one of the premade ISOs with the textures. It'll take a lot longer if I have to replace files on my own clean ISO. I will probably come out to Anchorage this summer so I'll definitely bring some hacked Melee if I get it to work.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
show/do it for us so we can have it when you aren't here too >.>

also, brah. did u ever formally introduce yourself? i kinda dont remember. also: wassup

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
show/do it for us so we can have it when you aren't here too >.>

also, brah. did u ever formally introduce yourself? i kinda dont remember. also: wassup
This is assuming this is as easy as using a Gamecube booter to load a modded Melee that's on a disk. I skimmed through the Melee hacking thread and that's what I interpreted.

And no, I never really introduced myself.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
1. ive tried pro-gaming, paid for my 1st year of college. that and the fun and experience, the novelty wears out after like a year.

2. go ahead and study IT, the fact that it'll be redundant and rly competitive will wear you out in about 3 years, with technology growing exponentially, theres little to none chance of being actually good, and with so many universities cranking out so many IT majors, jobs will be scarce, and pay will be low. its just too much.

3. many people are moving on, adrian to brawl, im starting to get into upper division courses, matt, caleb, and all the elder players have already left their mark, and its high time to retire, unless theres a sudden boom of interest, within the next 3 years, alaska smash will just keep dwindling. not being negative, just tellin it like it is.

4. and until then, ima keep playing and tgry to get better until apex, and when thats over, ill still play, but only to keep my tech skill up and going.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I will herald in the next generation of smash in that case I suppose.

I actually really do have three people who I have pretty good confidence in.

Some of you may meet them pretty soon.

Right now it's looking like a Peach Main, a Marth/Samus/Luigi player (in that order), and a Jigglypuff main (although he seems the least sure out of the three)

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
you realize that none of them will have the potential that anyone here has right? each generation of smash is worse in skill than the last, and thats the way its been up here. after me and caleb go to apex, there will be no more improvement coming out of him, said so himself. and face it, in the lower 48 where people are good, the sky is the limit. up here, the limit is the sky. unless any of them are phenomenal, which they arent, and i can say this because of their character choices and the fact that you are bad and have been teaching them, they wont make any real improvements for a long time. not dissing on kira here, but look how long it took her to be decent at the game, and she had ****ing all of socal and caleb teaching her. their rates are no better, no one is gonna sink 5 years into improving at a game thats gonna be dead in 3.

unless online melee comes out, in which case, im wrong

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
I haven't been playing to improve since January 2008 (the time when we got the Japanese version of Brawl). Up until I thought about going to that canada tournament, and then now for apex. I have played the game for enjoyment, and I believe it to be an excellent mental exercise. Depending on what is happening in my life, I may continue to do this after APEX.

@matt+ try to get them on the boards. If you already have, for what reason are they not here?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Mike, who said they had to be good? We live in ALASKA. Not to mention that you have been here a long time and practiced constantly and you STILL suck, yet James started trying just last year and is one of the better people in the community.

And there are PLENTY of younger Melee players down in Cali. For gods sake Mango is 17, and he's considered the very best.

And they aren't on the boards yet because they aren't ready. Plus I don't think it would be a good idea until they meet you gys normally anyways, since Mike would troll them and scare them off.

Z-row

Smash Journeyman
Mike, who said they had to be good? We live in ALASKA. Not to mention that you have been here a long time and practiced constantly and you STILL suck, yet James started trying just last year and is one of the better people in the community.
Mother****ing quoted for mother****ing Zero for the mother****ing win.

*Ignores whatever the **** anyone says after this*

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
Hello Smashboards nigras! Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Caleb, accompanied by Dizzy-pies.

IF you would like OUR opinion on THIS SUBJECT, MEOW!

BRACE YOURSELVES FOR MIS

1. MAN! METAKNIGHT IS SO BROKEN... LIKE METAKNIGHT
2. WHY DOES LOVE FEEL LIKE A BATTLEFIELD? A BATTLEFIELD? A BATTLEFIELD
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baDCsCoofxo

Top Bottom