• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALASKA Smash Thread

adrian Blk

Smash Journeyman
I am actually looking forward for this to be released. The teaser on YouTube looks pretty good. Also, the more I compete in Washington tournaments, the more I think I should take Melee more seriously than Brawl. I got raep'd in Brawl but got 5th at yesterdays Gameclucks Monthlies tournament. I was also taking ppl out with my Zelda, mostly Falcos.

Btw, this is Brad. sup guys
L0L U GOT 5H!? with zelda? sounds like there no better then we are.

You were saying?
I L0LED

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure that the present date is 2010 and that Brawl is the one in the MLG circuit not Melee.
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure the present year is 2010 and that Melee is still the better game over Brawl; for both competitive and recreational purposes.

Also, need I mention http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Hoang ? The international god of smash, and when I say smash I say melee because it best represents smash in terms of competition. He won over 50,000 dollars in his melee career, appeared on MTV: True Life I'm a professional gamer and Survivor, most of that money was earned in a 2 year period. Brawl has been out for how long? 2 years about I believe, has anyone in Brawl achieved anything close to that? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to assume not.

So yes, real pros do play to make money. Pros that play melee.

Whatever. All that aside, we have pressing matters at hand. Myself, and several other Alaskans (and a certain washington***) have expressed interest in attending APEX this year.
APEX is from August 6th to the 7th I believe, and the registration fee goes up on May 30th. I just checked the thread, and a housing thread has just been put up. (housing is pretty much a necessity for me to go, I am not ready to spend 200+ dollars on a hotel when I can easily get housed for free) Now since registration goes up on the 30th, and anyone whos seriously considering going should probably buy plane tickets soon, I was hoping people could post here or let me know somehow whether or not they are going. I would like to know this so myself, or someone (it doesn't really matter who) could post in the housing thread requesting housing for however many amount of people want to go. And if anyone else is going, I'd prefer to be housed with fellow Alaskans, which reasons I would assume to be obvious.

About: the doubles tournament for melee. I *really* would prefer not putting my time, money and effort into doing this and not getting a chance to compete in doubles, simply because I don't have a partner. (especially since I'm not competing in Brawl (or expecting to place))

I don't know who all exactly is interested in going besides Brad, myself and his GF (im assuming if they went they would team), but I intend on taking this very seriously with the intention of getting as far as I can. So I'll be frank.

Out of the people in Alaska who play smash (or have ever), I would team with these people.
Lunaris
Funkmaster
Always_Default
TheCatPhysician
Zero
Fake Matt

If anyone is wondering, it is listed by preference, not my opinion of overall skill. If you are on this list and are interested, please post here or contact me. che_lab@hotmail.com 907-244-8781

If you aren't on this list, and are planning on going I would team with you in the event no one else on this list wants to team with me, or if I can't find a known team mate elsewhere.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
You misunderstood what I meant: since currently there is more money to be made by attempting Brawl tournaments, real professionals will put their effort into brawl as they play to make money. But whatever lets just let it go.

Anyways, where is Apex again, region-wise?

gingerbreadchar

Smash Apprentice
"and a certain washington***"
I'm assuming this is me. ='3
Anyway, the chances of me going to Apex are very unlikely. I move a week or so after, and like I'd really have the money for it. :/ I'd love to, but the timing is kind of bad. If I recall correctly, Brad is still strongly considering going to Apex and I think Jordan was interested too, but don't take my word for it. Apex is in New Jersey, on the east coast. If y'all go, I'll certainly cheer like a madwoman on the livestream, lololol. :]]

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
Mattnumbers, I know you like to debate and get into deep discussions and stuff but PLEASE. STOP TRYING SO HARD.

Sure you may have valid points that could be contributed to most discussions but please understand. We are not your Debate Team buddies. We don't like to argue over every single little thing. Like holy crap. Everytime you get into discussions like this, it's like screaming "TROLLBAIT HERE, TROLL ME PLZ". Sometimes it's really hard to watch.

Not saying that discussion is a bad thing but EVERY LITTLE THING?! REALLY? Just pick your battles better. Battles that are actually worth fighting. God****.

@Adrian
No, I didn't get 5th with Zelda. I only used that ***** in friendlies. Did pretty good with her too. Butyah, 5th place in Melee was mostly Peach's doing. And yes, they actually are better than us. Getting that 5th place was really challenging. Don't come down here expecting to split with scrubs in the finals, sir.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I have fun, so I don't really see them as battles, and it takes two to argue. I just always come up with a retort that people try to prove wrong so I try to prove it right. They are to blame just as much as I am.

TLDR PLAY TO WIN BRAD

It's not like there is ever anything else to talk about in this thread since most of the community won't post here any more.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Jason explained the situation pretty well when I was in town last weekend actually, and it doesn't have too much to do with me as far as I can tell. Adrian you are like the epitome of playing only to win lol, so you should understand why I do this more than anyone.

Now anyways, caleb you should probably send the relevant part of that post to people in PMs/emails, since so many people don't visit the boards any more.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
you know, matt+ is always preaching, and in this case, he's saying play to win. to my knowledge, he's been playing with arthur, arguably, other than caleb the best smasher in the state, yet, he still sucks major **** at the game. now, if you really are playing to win, that should say that ud want to improve. and so far, i see no improvement otherwise money matches would be issued.

on the other hand, if you dont play to win, then ur just spewing bull****. cuz you dont follow the path of ur own argument.

and people lurk boards still. i just dont post unless its to tell you to shut the **** up. which is the case here. also, if u see you in an out of state tournament, i will beat the **** out of you, you cant hide behind ur little laws/legal bull**** there.

now onto another subject. brad would you be so kind as to put up a link to ALL washington tournaments from now till august, as well as any MAJOR ones in the US. please and thank you.

oh, also, June 20th, birthday, my house, bring gifts god **** it.

also, Ironman2, Scarlett Johansen...

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
......for one thing, I'm pretty sure, that Alaska isn't the only state where you can get arrested for assault.

But anyways I'm going to try to manage to restrain myself and just say

Shut up Mike

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
**** it, i found a quicker way, oranges, put it in a sock, **** dont leave bruises, ur getting ur *** kicked.

in anycase, ur bad at the game, no one cares what you think.

also, coconuts, i have quite the lovely bunch

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
I have fun, so I don't really see them as battles, and it takes two to argue. I just always come up with a retort that people try to prove wrong so I try to prove it right. They are to blame just as much as I am.

TLDR PLAY TO WIN BRAD
Anyone else notice that his tl;dr had NOTHING to do with the block of text above it? LMAO

And play to win? Haha, I'm down here competing in OoS tourneys alongside names you've probably only seen on AiB and WiFi. Not only that but I went 3-2 in yesterdays MELEE tournament. MELEE, NOT BRAWL. Meanwhile, you're still in Alaska being underage b&. And could you even pull a win/loss ratio like that in a tournament in Alaska?? Play to win, he says...heh

gingerbreadchar

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else notice that his tl;dr had NOTHING to do with the block of text above it? LMAO

And play to win? Haha, I'm down here competing in OoS tourneys alongside names you've probably only seen on AiB and WiFi. Not only that but I went 3-2 in yesterdays MELEE tournament. MELEE, NOT BRAWL. Meanwhile, you're still in Alaska being underage b&. And could you even pull a win/loss ratio like that in a tournament in Alaska?? Play to win, he says...heh
We need to reproduce. Now.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
You suck at being intelligent.

Hi.... James, I guess.
yet im the one going to college with a 50K a year paycheck in 2 years. and already have a 15 dollar an hour paying job that gives me my own company car. if being intelligent is worth that much money then **** it, ill be the ****** and keep my paychecks, and you can keep being smart and live from paycheck to paycheck >.>

also, free dental, but i already get free dental from my parents...le sigh...

Hi brad and caleb... only for the college part

Z-row

Smash Journeyman
Ya, you suck at that, as well. And you suck at not copying me.

Hi, person I can't think about the name of.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
notice that he avoids the questions cuz he cant answer them, lol. such is being a negro

also, we need moar people going to college, so i can get my video game club going. we get 20 people. i can have enough funding to start my own arcade.

Z-row

Smash Journeyman
notice that he avoids the questions cuz he cant answer them, lol. such is being a negro

also, we need moar people going to college, so i can get my video game club going. we get 20 people. i can have enough funding to start my own arcade.
which you're probably going to suck at.

or ragequit.

or suck at it.

my money is on you sucking at it, tho.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
he says that because he only wishes he could achieve half the things any of us can, hell, even matt+ is gonna end up somewhere with some status someday... as much as i hate to admit it...

Z-row

Smash Journeyman
You mean at sucking at whatever I do?

Naw, homez, I don't wish that at all.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
i suppose, but in the end you realize that even though it is on just words computer screen, im still right. gg holmes, as in sherlock holmes, as in the same guy who pays as ironman as in scarlett johansen in that movie as in ****in hot.

Z-row

Smash Journeyman
Not right. I believe you're not very good at that either. Being right, I mean.

Might even go so far as to say you suck at it.

But that would be mean.

Z-row

Smash Journeyman
Don't misunderstand, everyone. I'm not back or anything. I just came to say that I'll team with Caleb and tell Mike he can eat a ****. Was kinda buzzed last night and nothing was going on, so here I am.

Still not interested inplaying anyone not on Che's list, or Jason and A-dron.

Hi, Matt+ and Arthur, Brad, Charlie,

Everyone else can go to hell.

Oh wait.

Top Bottom