• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
BM1 was fun. gonna ve in troy friday and huntsville saturday, hope to see some of you peeps this weekend.

WackySpinachAgate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExclusiveAgate
New Patch has been confirmed to be released later this month. 1.1.6. Maybe, if I dream hard enough, believe hard enough, and wish upon a star. Pacman will actually get a ****ing good grab like holy **** please Nintendo I want to grab people not intercept god damn radio signals from the 1950's.

NovaSSBM2

Smash Cadet
Sweaters Sweaters GGS in doubles. If you ever want to Team again I'll glady accept I had to much fun. And doubles seems a lot more fun so I might take it very serious next time and practice it... Never forget the up-b gimp on fd. Heh heh

Last edited:

WackySpinachAgate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExclusiveAgate
So on a more serious note I've been wondering, this is mostly for the sm4sh people. How does our scene in terms of skill level compare to others in the nation. I know we don't have the greatest representation in the national smash community and its kind of a broad topic because of how many scenes there are but its something I've always wondered. Like could some random person from SoCal just come over here and take wins all over or do we have the capability to be a legitimate threat? I know we don't have the greatest representation in the national smash community

Anime

Smash Journeyman
GA is an above average region, isn't it? With Scatt and Fatality and others. You should be able to get an ok comparison using them, I imagine.

Doc_Pickle

Smash Apprentice
So on a more serious note I've been wondering, this is mostly for the sm4sh people. How does our scene in terms of skill level compare to others in the nation. I know we don't have the greatest representation in the national smash community and its kind of a broad topic because of how many scenes there are but its something I've always wondered. Like could some random person from SoCal just come over here and take wins all over or do we have the capability to be a legitimate threat? I know we don't have the greatest representation in the national smash community
We'd lose to a midlevel player from any other region tbh.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Honestly if I'm not nervous I think I could beat GA. Only person from MDVA to give me trouble was Pink Fresh. Boss was about even.

BornABrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PokePK66
3DS FC
5284-1425-9696
I can't lie and say we are a hidden boss state, but we do have players in Smash 4 that would do better than your average "competitive" player. As people have been saying, GA isn't too far from us and is considered a decent competitive state. If we played against people like Reflex, Fatality, Scatt, etc. more often we would have a good idea of where we are in our current meta.

Keet

Smash Journeyman
We'd lose to a midlevel player from any other region tbh.
We've had people not on our PR take out ranked players from other regions at various regionals and nationals. Josh took out Smashgod (at Pound?...) one of MDVA's top players (he's won a few Xanadus). Winky, apparently some high level Florida player came to HASL and got 7th, Arkaizer beat Reflex in two sets at the last Bham Brawl Reflex went to, etc.

There's really not enough information to tell if we are an above average region in smash 4, but I think it's pretty obvious that we're not bad.

Edit: Winky is from Tennessee not Florida

Last edited:

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
All this talk is making me really want to go to some out-of-state tournies

I'd go to some of the ones in Atlanta but i've been told they're not very well organized or ran their best

WackySpinachAgate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExclusiveAgate
Speaking of which what's the roster for tournaments in AL look like so far for the summer since we have some newer ones starting up?

Tr4n

Smash Cadet
All this talk is making me really want to go to some out-of-state tournies

I'd go to some of the ones in Atlanta but i've been told they're not very well organized or ran their best
I went to one two weeks ago. Each TO entered multiple tournaments. There would be moments where only 3 of the 12 available were in use, because the TO was in his own match. The tournament could have been over an hour before. As someone who drove 2 hours to go to a tournament, I wanted to get home before it got too late.

My original plan was to stay till the end, but the room was overcrowded, hot, and the tournament was way behind schedule. I wouldn't recommend a Georgia tournament unless you know it will be run well, or you have a place to stay within reasonable distance.

Anime

Smash Journeyman
DGR4 had a decent showing for smash 4, and may gain some good steam for AL/GA smash 4. We are in a good spot geographically for it, and I think we are better at TO'ing then GA, lol. Though we did get some complaints about seeding for smash 4, but we'll get better.

Top Bottom