• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

BornABrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PokePK66
3DS FC
5284-1425-9696
there's a super cool plan in the works about making gym leaders around the state for pokken. according to tylers hack and rai, p-cola will have 8 kanto badges distributed somehow to the best pokken players, and some part of alabama will have the johto badges. in this way there are gym leaders of pokken within the area. the rule that's been placed is that it costs a challenger $10 to challenge the badge holder for their badge. If the challenger wins they take the badge, and loses $10 if defeated.
Or you know... buy all the badges on Amazon instead and claim you're a champion. :p

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
But then we'd have to make a PR for top 8 in Pokken so we could have our gym badges. We all know what that means

mistercupter

Smash Rookie
NNID
MisterCupter
Is anyone going to attempt learning that bidou tech stuff? I haven't played 4 in a while but would like to see how it applies and feels.

Last edited:

ChillyChili

Smash Cadet
NNID
JoshuaSanders
Is anyone going to attempt learning that bidou tech? I haven't played 4 in a while but would like to see how it applies and feels.
Ive been playing around with it, Little Mac and Falcon have been way easier to mix up with using that tech. Perfect Pivoting feels easier and more consistent, just weird feeling at the start. But Im a gamepad user so maybe its just me. Ill probably aim to learn it just because I have trouble ledge trumping and perfect pivoting and this helps a ton.

Last edited:

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I've tried it out this afternoon. It is definitely weird controls. I'm using the GC, and for the most part it's not too terrible. I think it will have it's uses, but kind of worried about giving up the cstick for tilts/aerials.
Never mind. Apparently it the stick can still be used for aerials.

Last edited:

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
P-Cola Pokken League pinned post:
"Current Gym Leaders:
Boulder Badge: Hunter Allen
Cascade Badge:
Thunder Badge:
Rainbow Badge:
Soul Badge:
Marsh Badge:
Volcano Badge:
Earth Badge:

Rules for Badges/Gym Leaders

Definitions:
Gym Leaders - Players holding at least one league badge
Amateurs - Players without badges
Gym Battle - Matches where a Gym Leader has been challenge by an Amateur
Badge Match - Match between two Gym Leaders to claim the other's badge

Rules for Gym Leaders: Gym Leaders must attend at least one league event every two months or be stripped of their badge, which will be awarded as a first place prize in another league event.

Rules for Amateurs: Amateurs may challenge any Gym Leader for their badge. The Amateur wages a minimum of 10$, and the Gym Leader wages only their badge. After a challenge is issued by an Amateur, a Gym leader has until the next League event or 14 days, whichever is longer, to play the match.
In cases of hardship that prevent a Gym Leader from accepting a challenge, contact an admin to adjudicate. Amateurs may only challenge an individual Gym Leader once every two events or 45 days, whichever is longer, so make it count

Rules for Gym Battles: Gym Battles may take place at any time, even away from League events. Gym Leaders may not deny a challenge from an Amateur, however Gym Leaders are only required to accept 3 Amateur challenges per League event. Accepting any additional challenges is up to that player's discretion. In instances of more than 3 challenges requested, priority will be given first to players who challenged before the event, and second to players who wager additional money over the 10$ requirment.

Rules for Badge Matches: Badge Matches must be played at League events. A Gym Leader may only challenge another individual Gym Leader once every two events or 45 days, whichever is longer, so make it count. Badge Matches may not be denied without an acceptable excuse. A Gym leader is only required to accept 2 Badge Matches per League event. Accepting any additional challenges is up to that player's discretion.
We do recommend additional money be wagered on Badge Matches.

When a player acquires all 8 badges for our region, they will cede their badges and become the first of the Elite Four. I'll be working on paying for our Elite Four players to travel out of region and to nationals."

Keet

Smash Journeyman
P-Cola Pokken League pinned post:
"Current Gym Leaders:
Boulder Badge: Hunter Allen
Cascade Badge:
Thunder Badge:
Rainbow Badge:
Soul Badge:
Marsh Badge:
Volcano Badge:
Earth Badge:

Rules for Badges/Gym Leaders

Definitions:
Gym Leaders - Players holding at least one league badge
Amateurs - Players without badges
Gym Battle - Matches where a Gym Leader has been challenge by an Amateur
Badge Match - Match between two Gym Leaders to claim the other's badge

Rules for Gym Leaders: Gym Leaders must attend at least one league event every two months or be stripped of their badge, which will be awarded as a first place prize in another league event.

Rules for Amateurs: Amateurs may challenge any Gym Leader for their badge. The Amateur wages a minimum of 10$, and the Gym Leader wages only their badge. After a challenge is issued by an Amateur, a Gym leader has until the next League event or 14 days, whichever is longer, to play the match.
In cases of hardship that prevent a Gym Leader from accepting a challenge, contact an admin to adjudicate. Amateurs may only challenge an individual Gym Leader once every two events or 45 days, whichever is longer, so make it count

Rules for Gym Battles: Gym Battles may take place at any time, even away from League events. Gym Leaders may not deny a challenge from an Amateur, however Gym Leaders are only required to accept 3 Amateur challenges per League event. Accepting any additional challenges is up to that player's discretion. In instances of more than 3 challenges requested, priority will be given first to players who challenged before the event, and second to players who wager additional money over the 10$ requirment.

Rules for Badge Matches: Badge Matches must be played at League events. A Gym Leader may only challenge another individual Gym Leader once every two events or 45 days, whichever is longer, so make it count. Badge Matches may not be denied without an acceptable excuse. A Gym leader is only required to accept 2 Badge Matches per League event. Accepting any additional challenges is up to that player's discretion.
We do recommend additional money be wagered on Badge Matches.

When a player acquires all 8 badges for our region, they will cede their badges and become the first of the Elite Four. I'll be working on paying for our Elite Four players to travel out of region and to nationals."
This is so awesome. This alone makes me want to go buy Pokken today.

mistercupter

Smash Rookie
NNID
MisterCupter
I got a copy today but won't get to play it until after spring break because I forgot my Wii U at college :(

Doc_Pickle

Smash Apprentice
What's that in the distance? Another BIO?? Hot dog!! https://www.facebook.com/events/692985700804661/
FEATURES:
-We got Melee, we got Smash 4, we got....PM.
-A venue where the power doesn't go out.
-Mii fighters are legal with all their moves and default sizes (MLG rule)
-Possible secret unofficial 3v3 tourney.
-A piano in the venue that you can play and make everyone feel strange.
-Live streams for all the games??? (working on it)

Happening April 2nd aka next Saturday.
Boy will I feel dumb if the power goes out.

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Hey, played in B-Brawl, and some people told me to watch this thread, so here I am.

Any word on who won Smash 4 Singles, btw? I had to leave early.

Doc_Pickle

Smash Apprentice
Bham Brawl is always a great time. Shoutouts to Justin and Hunter for running things oh so smoothly.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does anyone know who's uploading the bham brawl smash4 matches from the stream setup?

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
Sweater which video am i in for youtube. you posted them so weirdly.
Probably the one of the two that're being dumb and not fully uploading.
Does anyone know who's uploading the bham brawl smash4 matches from the stream setup?
I am uploading the whole vod to the channel that I upload the other full vods, and I'll be uploading individual matches to ASL.

Top Bottom