• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
I want to see more lucario players and help teach them the ways of aura, but at the same time the ditto sucks and it reminds you why everyone hates lucario so i think I'm fine being the only sm4sh luc in alabama right now lol

Last edited:

ChillyChili

Smash Cadet
NNID
JoshuaSanders
What would be the ruleset for a crew battle and the payout for it? Im forming a league but there doesnt seem to be a set thing for it.

Last edited:

100AngryTurtles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AngryTurtles
I want to see more lucario players and help teach them the ways of aura, but at the same time the ditto sucks and it reminds you why everyone hates lucario so i think I'm fine being the only sm4sh luc in alabama right now lol
You should come to tournaments outside of HASL and play everyone. I would love to get some Lucario experience. I can give you good Yoshi experience in exchange. Try coming to a Birmingham Brawl in the future if you ever get the chance.

What would be the ruleset for a crew battle and the payout for it? Im forming a league for it but there doesnt seem to be a set thing for it.
Are you talking about Smash 4 crews? If so, I would say either 2 or 3 stock (it varies), no timer, players are character locked, rock-paper-scissors for first map choice (1-2-1 bans with starter stages), loser (next person up for his crew) can choose any legal map, and I would probably use the Birmingham Brawl stage list(Standard five starters with Dreamland/DuckHunt as counter picks). I think that covers about everything. As for payout I would say it completely depends on the amount of crews entering. If there are only 5 or 6 crews then winner should probably take all. If you somehow get 8+ crews I would do either 80-20 or 60-30-10.

Last edited:

ChillyChili

Smash Cadet
NNID
JoshuaSanders
You should come to tournaments outside of HASL and play everyone. I would love to get some Lucario experience. I can give you good Yoshi experience in exchange. Try coming to a Birmingham Brawl in the future if you ever get the chance.

Are you talking about Smash 4 crews? If so, I would say either 2 or 3 stock (it varies), no timer, players are character locked, rock-paper-scissors for first map choice (1-2-1 bans with starter stages), loser (next person up for his crew) can choose any legal map, and I would probably use the Birmingham Brawl stage list(Standard five starters with Dreamland/DuckHunt as counter picks). I think that covers about everything. As for payout I would say it completely depends on the amount of crews entering. If there are only 5 or 6 crews then winner should probably take all. If you somehow get 8+ crews I would do either 80-20 or 60-30-10.
Since I only have 6 groups of 5 swilling to make this a common thing I think the winner takes all will be the one I go with. Making crew battles a common thing for smash 4 I believe would be pretty fun. I'm not much of a TO so I don't know everything about planning yet to make this more common.

WackySpinachAgate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExclusiveAgate
If anyone wants pacman mu experience look me up at the next Bham brawl, I'll bring fruit and ecstasy, it really brings you closer to pacman

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I need 4 weebs to join me for a smash Wii u crew. Team name will be We Bent and our motto will be "Our Trashcans Bring All The Nerds To The Yard"

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
It's looking like i won't make this BHAM Brawl, but next month i should definitely be able to make it. And yeah I need (and want to) go to more tournaments though :V Would've gone to kami con but i was somehow oblivious to it until about two days before and by that time it was likely too late for me to register and i had already made plans s: Only ever been to two none-HASL tournaments. Definitely keeping my eye on the tournament listings though.

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
It's looking like i won't make this BHAM Brawl, but next month i should definitely be able to make it. And yeah I need (and want to) go to more tournaments though :V Would've gone to kami con but i was somehow oblivious to it until about two days before and by that time it was likely too late for me to register and i had already made plans s: Only ever been to two none-HASL tournaments. Definitely keeping my eye on the tournament listings though.
BIO 13 is in two weeks, how about that one?

Keet

Smash Journeyman
What if we play Keet? Will I get ZSS, 5.99, or G&W?
Hershey our sets are the battle of the counter picks, you'll never know who I may choose! ;)

And I want to be on your crew. I can convince Ark to join with us probably as well.

Appledees

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to my friend Dogw/Hips killing people at 40-60% and winning a tourney

Jerk

Last edited:

Doc_Pickle

Smash Apprentice

DL is cp on the Bham Brawl list. It's the genesis 3 stagelist

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
there's a super cool plan in the works about making gym leaders around the state for pokken. according to tylers hack and rai, p-cola will have 8 kanto badges distributed somehow to the best pokken players, and some part of alabama will have the johto badges. in this way there are gym leaders of pokken within the area. the rule that's been placed is that it costs a challenger $10 to challenge the badge holder for their badge. If the challenger wins they take the badge, and loses $10 if defeated.

MegahogX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegahogX
there's a super cool plan in the works about making gym leaders around the state for pokken. according to tylers hack and rai, p-cola will have 8 kanto badges distributed somehow to the best pokken players, and some part of alabama will have the johto badges. in this way there are gym leaders of pokken within the area. the rule that's been placed is that it costs a challenger $10 to challenge the badge holder for their badge. If the challenger wins they take the badge, and loses $10 if defeated.
This is honestly a very interesting,might even pick up pokken for this concept alone.

Top Bottom