• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sounds like a bunch of people are going to McMansion, but has anyone seen the Smash 4 ruleset for KamiCon?

* Custom moves are allowed. Allowed moves will be provided shortly.
* Available Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd
See the full ruleset for yourself at: http://kamicon.net/gaming/

I had already planned on going to KamiCon regardless of the Smash 4 tournament, but these rules are really outdated. Customs have been pretty heavily debated against and most tournaments ban them. And while I don't have huge issues with the stages, I would like to know why stages like Dreamland aren't included. (It's more likely due to the fact that they are using outdated rules) Hopefully competition won't be too difficult there, but as a person who doesn't really use customs outside of Mii Fighters it'll be pretty annoying to face a Wind Dong. And especially if it's some random who just entered for lol's.
Is anything else known about the tournament besides basic rules? I'd like to go but there's no information about the entry cost, prizes, what time it starts, closing time, etc. I messaged the staff but haven't gotten a reply back yet.

ChillyChili

Smash Cadet
NNID
JoshuaSanders
Sounds like a bunch of people are going to McMansion, but has anyone seen the Smash 4 ruleset for KamiCon?

* Custom moves are allowed. Allowed moves will be provided shortly.
* Available Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd
See the full ruleset for yourself at: http://kamicon.net/gaming/

I had already planned on going to KamiCon regardless of the Smash 4 tournament, but these rules are really outdated. Customs have been pretty heavily debated against and most tournaments ban them. And while I don't have huge issues with the stages, I would like to know why stages like Dreamland aren't included. (It's more likely due to the fact that they are using outdated rules) Hopefully competition won't be too difficult there, but as a person who doesn't really use customs outside of Mii Fighters it'll be pretty annoying to face a Wind Dong. And especially if it's some random who just entered for lol's.
Seems more about the con than the tourney so I suppose them running an outdated ruleset makes sense. Castle Siege being legal terrifies me though.

Resdan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Resdan83
Is anything else known about the tournament besides basic rules? I'd like to go but there's no information about the entry cost, prizes, what time it starts, closing time, etc. I messaged the staff but haven't gotten a reply back yet.
I don't know about cost or prizes, but Smash 4 is set to start Saturday 1:00 PM and finals are scheduled for 11:00 that night.

And this is less concrete, but I think entry fee was 10$ last year.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know about cost or prizes, but Smash 4 is set to start Saturday 1:00 PM and finals are scheduled for 11:00 that night.

And this is less concrete, but I think entry fee was 10$ last year.
Thanks! Where did you find out the tournament start time?

100AngryTurtles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AngryTurtles
Story time?
For Smash 4, they started the 45 team doubles bracket at the same time as Smash 4 top 32 singles. Even though top 32 was supposed to start on Sunday and doubles was supposed to start before singles. Every top 32 player was in both sIngles and doubles too. The TOs also changed the brackets about 5 times during doubles. All in all a fun event, just horribly run

Last edited:

Anime

Smash Journeyman
For Smash 4, they started the 45 team doubles bracket at the same time as Smash 4 top 32 singles. Even though top 32 was supposed to start on Sunday and doubles was supposed to start before singles. Every top 32 player was in both sIngles and doubles too. The TOs also changed the brackets about 5 times during doubles. All in all a fun event, just horribly run
At least people showed up for smash 4. Around 40 people for pm and melee was pretty bad, especially for what should have been a regional.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Usually depends on the host, but the one that most would agree with me on would be the bad one. Great people, just terrible communication and stability

BornABrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PokePK66
3DS FC
5284-1425-9696
Sorry guys. Like I said before I'm in school and wasn't able to participate much in conversation due to it. Thanks to those who were able to direct information to others in my stead. An interesting thing to note is that they are also running Melee, which was never recently announced or updated. Starts Sat. at 4pm for anyone interested. Many have made the point that it'd be risky to pay $45 just get into the convention, then pay $10 on top of that. And that's completely reasonable to think. Like Sweaters Sweaters stated earlier, however, lots of people are likely to enter and the payout is usually pretty big. And from experience last year it wasn't that stacked, if at all. But I go to this thing every year regardless just to get out of the house and have some fun, so that's just my opinion. I'll post a link for the schedule and gaming stuffs for anyone interested. Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a fantastic day! :b:

KamiCon Schedule - http://kamicon.net/KCS8-Schedule.pdf

KamiCon: Gaming Room -
http://kamicon.net/gaming/

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hell I'm just excited to get to that artist ally and get some things. They better have some Haikyuu stuff

NNID
MasterIcarus7
Kuck Famicon, there's no PM, Melee, or blazblue, and according to what a friend of mine has told me, it's not seeded at all and it's poorly run/scheduled.

Hmu with the McMansion stream link, I'd rather be a stream monster rather than go and play Weeb trash

Last edited:

Anime

Smash Journeyman
I'm just going to hold my own weeb convention at mcmansion. ****'s going to be pretty lit. You guys should totally come. I'll tell you why your favorite series is bad, and how the manga was better.

Last edited:

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
I'm just going to hold my own weeb convention at mcmansion. ****'s going to be pretty lit. You guys should totally come. I'll tell you why your favorite series is bad, and how the manga was better.
Mitch what are your top 5 animus? Also who's gonna be watching, what I hope will be, the conclusion to the match between Karasuno and Seijoh with me at McMasnion?

Last edited:

Anime

Smash Journeyman
Dude Haikyuu's lit af right now and the adaptation might be better than the manga.
Not surprising. It's definitely an easy adaptation that stands to gain from animation. The manga does a good job of conveying speed and epic moments with spikes. An anime can only go up from there. Still **** tho'.

BornABrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PokePK66
3DS FC
5284-1425-9696
Are you hosting it BornABrawler BornABrawler ?
Absolutely not! I'd be a terrible host as I have little experience in managing, like, ANYTHING. Plus, if I was hosting it, I would definitely support the current ruleset rather than the outdated one they have now. I'm just getting it out there because I figure people might want to go to something close/central.

Last edited:
Top Bottom